Thread: Yokosuka Ride?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Yokosuka Ride?

I just got stationed over here in Yokosuka and i am wanting to hit up some trails... Anyone interested on showing me around? or can i hop in on any group rides??
    I have been exploring so far and found some trails but i still feel lost and cant really read japanese symbols at all!!! hahah i did ride last night somewhere by zushi like off of 24... It was a sick night ride considering it was my second time out to that trail!!!! do people night ride over here? b/c i got some crazy looks from some civilians

Thanks,
    ABE Stivers, Tyler
    USN
    abestivers@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Check out Japan Overview, it show were some good decent trails are. I've found a few. There are plenty of trails around. Most of them, it's a question of whether or not it's rideable. I've been on some that I end up carrying my bike almost as much as I ride it.
    2009 Diamondback Overdrive

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I can show you the trails at tama hills, there is a race there on the 30 of october 2011. You can register at yokota outdoor rec. Hit me up if you need a tour.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I'm hoping to ride the Tour de Tama in October, but we'll see if that happens or not.
    2009 Diamondback Overdrive

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The Tour de Tama race is a lot of fun. The trail is easy and fast and they have a class for all fitness levels...well at least all the fitness levels of normal people.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm looking for someone to ride with too. I shipped my bike and am waiting for it to arrive. Hit me up here for now if you guys have any information.

Jason

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My bike arrived on Saturday. Had it reassembled and ready for riding that night. The rear derailer needed adjusting but the bike mechanic at ORC fixed it 5 minutes and it shifts as smooth as butter. (Got to love Shimano SLX) I rode around between Yokosuka and Ikego on some trails I found online, but always looking for more people and trails so just let me know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    There are a bunch of us riding together now.

If you look up Mountain Bike Gaijin in Facebook you will find us.