Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

UPDATE: Read if you thinking about biking in Tahiti

7K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Xenotime 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Riding in Tahiti

Update of "Tahiti riders?" Read if you thinking about biking in Tahiti:

I just came back from Tahiti 6 days ago. I had my December holiday over there with my family... To be honest, I grew up there and move to Australia. :) I didn't manage to take any photos, but I hiked on top of a mountain and the view is fabulous! You can see the laggons and the city it self! I live around Papeete, so I saw my house.

I wised I brought my bike there, but my parents didn't let me... :rolleyes: next year I will need to go back again... But just some advice:

- Tahiti don't rent bikes!!! That piss me off so bad, even my uncle who owns a bike shop did want to lend it to me. :madmax: He told me taht he did 10 years ago, but stoped because the people which rented the bikes never returned them... So if you like to MTB in Tahiti, bring your own bike.

- If you like to visit Tahiti, go around the July... December and January are the wetest months. It rain so bad this time when I went back it rained non-stop for continuously 16 days! :eek: But even so, it showers everyday for a short time. But this time is quite exagerating...

I heard from the News (of course from Tahiti) that 2 hotels and one hospital been flooded... :p Lucky I lived in a big 4 levels apartment taht belongs to my grandparents...

There are other parts you can bike too, not only Tahiti but their neighbouring islands! :D Either way... Just keep in mind the 2 plot for visiting Tahiti... ;)

Cheers! :thumbsup:

PS: Bikes in Tahiti are rip-off!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have any questions relating to French Polynesia, please do not hesitate to post it up or PM me. ;) Just to let you know, I grew up in Tahiti and moved to Australia 4 years ago. Of course, Tahiti changed a lot since I'm been 4 years away.

Extra: Yep, I also speak French. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.