Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks for the info! I will pick up a bike bag before we leave OZ and the bike I will be bringing is a Giant Anthem x29, so it sounds like it will suit the riding. Is there any size restriction on the bike bag allowed on the trains?

Will jump on the Facebook page

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    For those that want to ride in the Hinode out to Lake Okutama area let me know. You can get ride information from our Facebook page. Just look for Yokota MTB Club, you will want the one that you have to ask to join.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Question for the Japan based riders.

I am wondering what the selection and prices of womens mountain bikes is like in Japan, as I am trying to work out whether to buy my wife a DS bike before leaving Australia and adding it to the airfreight or just wait until we are in Japan to buy her one.

Any help would be appreciated
    Matt

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack0207 View Post

I am wondering what the selection and prices of womens mountain bikes is like in Japan, as I am trying to work out whether to buy my wife a DS bike before leaving Australia and adding it to the airfreight or just wait until we are in Japan to buy her one.

Matt
    Prices are pretty ridiculous. Definitely don't get anything from a big vendor. Rakuten/Yahoo Auctions is definitely your best bet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Matt
    I completely agree. If the actual prices wont get you, the exchange rate will for sure. I paid almost $200 USD for a King headset, but did not have the time to wait for it. Unfortunately, very few companies will ship to Japan, so it would be worth while in my opinion to buy the bike a home and pay the extra money to put it on the plane.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hiya, I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I'm going to be in Ibaraki this summer for a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any good flea markets or shops to check out for vintage parts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Will be moving to Yokohama (living in Motomachi) around mid may from Australia, for min 18 months and would be keen to catch when I get there. Hoping there are some rides close by?
    Can I ask what you do?

I was over there during Golden Week, Motomachi is a real lush sorta area. Would love to get a chance to work/live around there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    My friends and I are planning a trip to a trail we call Gongen on Sunday 27 May. The trail is out near Sagamiko lake. If you are interested in learning more about this ride drop me a PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Can I ask what you do?

I was over there during Golden Week, Motomachi is a real lush sorta area. Would love to get a chance to work/live around there.
    No worries - design work for a LNG plant. Have ended up in minatomirai rather than motomachi due to a couple of reasons but in the end I think it has worked out for the better

Now I just have to find the time to go out on a ride for myself but there always seems to be something on!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I haven't seen a lot of movement on this thread. If there are any riders interested in riding on trails near Tokyo look our club up on Facebook Yokota MTB Club

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anyone know of any foreign agencies for work based in Japan?

Really wanna get out of the teaching profession, but options are pretty slim atm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4