Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003

Stores in Tokyo?

Hello,

I have a friend that is going on holiday to tokyo soon, he is wanting to buy some parts while he is over there.

I'm looking for a good store that is likely to have high end shimano parts(XTR), and some maybe some high end lights.

It needs to be 'central' tokyo, and preferbly english speaking people and decent prices.

I may be asking to much here, but there may be such a store?

Thanks.

Just the name of the store and maybe the were abouts(or an email/interent address).

mtbr member

In Tokyo

...there are many great shops. It's the biggest city in the world and nearly everyone has a bicycle of some form. There is a really nice shop in the "central" area of Akasaka called Y's Bicycle Academy. It's a little expensive but they cater to foreigners in that area and someone there will speak English. I don't know the telephone number but it is next to Tameike-Sanno subway station and just around the corner from a BMW Motorcycle Shop and a Starbucks (I think everything is just around the corner from a Starbucks these days).

One important point: your friend is going to be surprised at the prices in Japan. There are no parts deals to be had here. Better to buy in the USA.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Anybody want to ride at Tama Hills Military Base just outside of Tokyo, near Kawasaki. I can get you in. Good 5k MTB course.

RM7
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    Check out Fuma bike shop in Shinjuku, they are closed on wednesdays. Sorry, no english speaking staff though.