Thread: South Korea

Solum Volamus

South Korea

Well.....I'm headed to the ROK in about a month and am looking for info on the MTB scene. From the snippets I've read in other posts it seems like there is a bunch of good riding going on and some great scenery. What can I expect around the Kunsan area? I'm planning to bring a car w/ bike rack to do some exploring.

How about bikes? Plan now is to bring a Cove Handjob hardtail w/ 2.4's to keep it simple. I have a Burner frame I could build up if needed. I like riding most any trail, but tend to stay away from really tech downhill/freeride stuff.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Tumbleweed; 03-27-2005 at 10:36 AM.

mtbr member

Great riding in Korea

Hi Tumbleweed.

There is a load of good riding in Korea plus a good bunch of locals and foreigners to ride with. The foreigners are mostly English teachers or military types.

I'd recommend bringing your Turner Burner. This is because Turners are cool.

Here are some pictures to give you a rough idea of what is it is like here. Note that the quality of these pictures is not very good and you may have seen some of them before.

Anyway, fire away with your questions.

Cheers,

Duncan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Solum Volamus
    Duncan....thanks for the reply!

Pics are nice. I'm just looking for some cool people to ride with and have a good time while I'm there. After living in Arizona the past 8 months I've gotten spoiled with good trails and I want to keep riding on a regular basis.

Are there any good rides around the Kunsan area? Most of the reviews are for trails around Seoul. Will having a car with a rack be ok (Subaru Legacy)?

Thanks,
    Beau

mtbr member
    Hi.

I understand that Kunsan is about 4 hours away from Seoul, which is where most of the expat bikers are based. I guess you might find some orther riders on the base, and I know there are also riders based at Osan.

Give me the word and I'll try and find out on the Korean biking websites if there are any local riders down there for you to hook up with.

Also, it'll pay for you to register on mtbk at yahoogroups. Do a search on the net and you'll find it.

Cheers, Duncan

Solum Volamus

Thanks

Thanks.....I'll check out mtbk and see what I can find.

Beau