mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Shanghai bound possibly

Chances are growing that my wife and I will be tranfering to Shanghai. I've hunted and searched for any good signs of MTB life but it's not looking good. Anyone have any experience?

1+1
    going for a ride
    Bring your own if you don't have too much luggage or get it shipped over. You'll not find a good bike for a good price in China. Get your beaters and town bikes here, but if got your own already it's cheaper to bring it over. I get my parts from jensonusa shipped here, or try on taobao.com. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+1
    Bring your own if you don't have too much luggage or get it shipped over. You'll not find a good bike for a good price in China. Get your beaters and town bikes here, but if got your own already it's cheaper to bring it over. I get my parts from jensonusa shipped here, or try on taobao.com. Hope this helps.
    You might want to mention it helps if you can read mandarin if using Taobao

1+1
    going for a ride
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    You might want to mention it helps if you can read mandarin if using Taobao
    Just use Google Chrome and you have an option to translate the page to your language on top. Also when searching for brands that are not Chinese, you can just enter the name in English. For eg, if you're looking for a Specialized Demo, you can just enter that, without having to look up the translation first. I found all kinds of stuff on taobao, no, the question is more like what can't you find on taobao?