mtbr member
    May 2004

Riding in Hong Kong or Shenzhen?

I'll be heading to China for work for 2 weeks this Saturday. Anyone know of any rides and rental shops anywhere in these areas? If I can find some info I plan to take some riding gear, pedals, and shoes to be able to ride in what little personal time I might have.

Thanks!
    BW

bwellisley@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I haven't heard of bikes(decent ones anyways) for rent in either of these cities. Check out flying ball in HK, they might be able to give you a definite answer. Good luck and don't breathe too hard, the air quality over there is abysmal to say the least.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You can go to my friend's shop, but not in Shenzhen, it is in Shanghai.
    We are one of the most famous bike shops in China, and have all kinds of bikes and accessories for your choosing! You will feel more comfortable as we can speak English well, and most of our customers are foreigners.
    Shop address: No. 357 Yin Shan Rd, Shanghai, China
    Shop Telephone: 021-50751084
    Anything needed, please login our web: www.bicycleshop.cn

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamriver
    You can go to my friend's shop, but not in Shenzhen, it is in Shanghai.
    We are one of the most famous bike shops in China, and have all kinds of bikes and accessories for your choosing! You will feel more comfortable as we can speak English well, and most of our customers are foreigners.
    Shop address: No. 357 Yin Shan Rd, Shanghai, China
    Shop Telephone: 021-50751084
    Anything needed, please login our web: www.bicycleshop.cn
    Funny i didn't think Shanghai was near Hong Kong or Shenzen.Would this be a blatant push for your "friends" shop?

Steep Hill
    I was in HK earlier this year. I regret not pursuing a ride as you are doing. Hope it works out for you! It is beautiful and hilly around the city.

mtbr member
    Try hong_kong bikeshop on ebay they might have a hard address there cheap.Also try http://www.hkmba.org