mtbr member
    Jun 2011

New to kuala lumpur

Hi all,
    I'm moving to kl and would appreciate any contacts, recommendations on riding clubs and any lbs. Moving to Damansara heights quite close to bukit kiara.
    I ride a mixture of xc and trail with the odd race thrown in. Ride a yeti asr 5.
    Many thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

New to kuala lumpur

Hi Swinley,

You could ride with PCC (Pedalholics Cycling Club) which organises rides most weekends in and around the Klang Valley region, including Bukit Kiara. Just google PCC Malaysia and you'll be directed to their website and Facebook.

Coincidentally I ride a Yeti ASR5c myself! Would be nice to have you on our rides.

BTW you will be living right next door to the Mecca of mountainbiking in Malaysia! Kiara has some of the best trails you can find over here.

Cheers,
    Pete

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Cheers Pete,

Appreciate the mail and will certainly join you for a ride once I'm established in KL (prob end August by the time the shipping arrives).

Many Thanks

Andy

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hey guys

I spent a few days in KL in March after running away from a nuclear power station problem. I liked it there but was more interested in what was happening in Japan. I have been thinking about going back for a holiday, what is the riding like over there?

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinleyMTB View Post
    Cheers Pete,

Appreciate the mail and will certainly join you for a ride once I'm established in KL (prob end August by the time the shipping arrives).

Many Thanks

Andy

You can start here and you can go almost anywhere in Malaysia, the limit is your leg (and time of course):
    http://www.klmbh.org/main/
    http://www.pccmalaysia.com/

Btw you are only stone throw away from the centre of mtb best city trail in Malaysia. Yes Bukit (hill) Kiara in in town. You could ride it everyday if you want.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    Hey SwinleyMTB,
    I hope you've enjoyed the rides we've had here in Bukit Kiara.
    I'm hoping I'm replying to the right Andy? I've worked my powers of deduction here and I'm quite sure I got it right.

Regards,
    Blur

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hi Andy, yep rides are fantastic! Will swap e-mails when we next catch up.
    Andy

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Just need some more posts so I can add pictures. . . silly rules

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    one more. .

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Malaysia has a very active group that goes by the Fakawi Tribe. They can be found on Google at their website...which I can't post until 8 more...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I m from KL. You can ride with us if are still in KL. We 3 times a week XC and some single trail. We often explore new places to ride. PM me. We can keep in touch. I know how it feels to away from home and looking some cycling buddies.

I will be relocating to Vietnam soon! Will look for some cycling buddies there too!