KPH
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

MTB Trails in Thailand - gps data

I have been searching for gps files of Trails in Thailand and it has not been easy.

I am particulary looking for trails within a couple of hours of Bangkok and I would be grateful if anyone out there could share some .gdb, .gpx or .tcx files of any.

Here is my contribution:

Sam Run National Park trails, Near Saraburi.
    Some good single track, steep up hills and good reasonably technical downhills. Approx 25kms, 70/30 Trails vs road. If you drive into the park by car you have to pay an entrance fee, per person, however, if you cycle there, there is no fee.
    Sam Run 211110.zip

In particular, I am looking for Khao E-to, Tam Pratoon, and also the small routes of single track in Bhuddmonton (puttamonton ? ) park - I cycled all the way there (from Rangsit) only to not find any single track or obvious entrances to single track.

Thanks, in advance.

mtbr member
    you will get some info from
    http://www.thaimtb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=61
    most thai trail/fr/dh biker are here

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand later this year. It is still in the planning stages, but we are planning on going to bankok and south to Phuket. What is a good time to go? Are there trails down there? Is there any information in english by chance??

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ggilings View Post
    My wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand later this year. It is still in the planning stages, but we are planning on going to bankok and south to Phuket. What is a good time to go? Are there trails down there? Is there any information in english by chance??

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks
    It's been awhile since I've been to BKK / Phuket, but I can tell you the later in the year, the better (namely, December is preferable to November). You should have really good weather if you go during Dec - Feb.

As for biking in BKK, I think it's pretty limited, and I'd love to get some GPS files for rides in either BKK or Phuket, but even the site listed above is somewhat limited.

I think there is a post somewhere in the mtbr forum that discusses Phuket rides, but I don't know if there is a huge trail network like there is up in Chiang Mai.
    The new Energy Bar - CocoNutz Fuel.