Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Hi Singapore-Saki,

The closest club I know is the Kelantan MTB Hash - you'll find them easily on Facebook.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hey all,

Was born in KL but have lived in HK for nearly 20 years. Usually ride XC/AM here and we have a small but growing network of trails with dedicated volunteers and a growing bike community. See hkmba.org for more info...

Anyway, I am in KL on the weekend of the 2nd Feb for business. I would like to bring my Remedy but I don't think I can since I am going for business and it may inconvenience the travelling arrangements of my business partner (although he may understand as he is a roadie, I don't want to cause too much trouble). I am staying in PJ and have one day to get all my biking in, probably Sunday the 3rd, and from my research, it looks like the best bet is for me to head to the Putrajaya Challenge Park and rent an MTB there. Is that a good idea? I don't mind that it's a trail centre, am actually quite interested in it as I've never managed to go to one before.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks all!

mtbr member
    Hi YW-Slayer,

Bringing your Remedy and riding Bukit Kiara would be best ! It's close to PJ (PJ stands for Petaling Jaya here, not Putrajaya)) and it's the best trails you can find in Malaysia. Period. Look for "KLMBH" and "Fakawi Tribe" on Facebook if you want to catch up with fellow riders.

Trailmap and .gpx here: klmbh.org/post/40821129278/bukit-kiara-trail-map-including-trail-names-waypoints

Putrajaya Challenge Park is nice too, but PutraJaya is quite far from Petaling Jaya and way smaller than Bukit Kiara. There's guy we know ofin Putrajaya who rents bikes. Contact him directly via phone on +6019 2341316, or look him up on Facebook under the name of 'Laksamana Jebat'.

Elpanzer aka The Bashweb - klmbh.org

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi Elpanzer,

I know, I would love to ride Bukit Kiara as I grew up in PJ actually long before there was Putrajaya (SS22 to be exact). But it really would look a bit awkward/selfish for me to rock up at the airport with my bike in a bag. I suppose I can speak to my companion and see if it will be an issue.

Another problem is that I don't have a Facebook account, as I'm not fond of the idea. But thanks for the GPX links and the map, I may look a bit more into it. It is particularly appealing as I am staying at the Eastin Hotel, and it looks like I can just pedal across the road to the start of the tracks!! I may also try and speak to someone in the Fakawi Tribe as they have a website.

Thanks also for the hints on Putrajaya. Yeah, I know it's quite far off from PJ, but my plan is to just take a taxi/car there on Sunday and spend most (maybe all? though probably not as I'd like to get back to PJ/KL and load up on some good food, ha ha) of it there.

On that note, are there actually any decent hawker stalls near Putrajaya? Or to the west of Bukit Kiara? Can't seem to recall any in the latter, but I can't say that I remember the area very well.

mtbr member
    YW-Slayer,

Nothing wrong with traveling with a bike bag, it's pretty common. Anyway, what you travel mate has to say about it...?

You don't need a FB Acc. to see the pages I mentioned, they are both public page. klmbh.org also has a website.

Right, The Eastin is 10' away from Kiara. Your choice...

Keep in mind there's nothing in Putrajata, it's "bring-your-own" style ! On the contrary, there's a good bunch of mamak stalls in TTDI, West of Kiara.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I suppose I can ask. It's just that our client is sending us a car to the airport, I guess we can ask for a van on the basis that he will be bringing golf clubs and some equipment. Ha ha ha!!

10' ride to the trail + much more trail + good mamak stalls = FTW I think

Do you know of any good bike shops in the area, or at least not too far off? I might need some help re-assembling my bike, although I think I should be able to manage.

mtbr member
    KHS in TTDI is the closest to Bukit Kiara.
    No 28 & 34 Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad
    Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
    Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan 60000

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks Elpanzer, this has been invaluable!

If Bukit Kiara works out, and you're free on the Sunday, would you like to ride? Otherwise do let me buy you a meal/drink or something similar in return for all the help.

mtbr member
    Probably; contact me by PM or via klmbh.org.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Turns out that there is probably going to be very little spare time available for me in KL, so it's probably not worth bringing the bike along. If I do manage to get a day off, I'll just have to do Putrajaya (and will bring my bike-related kit just in case). Thanks for the advice though, and I'll definitely try and bring my Remedy and do Bukit Kiara next time!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Kiara ftw

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

... and if we just ...

Anyone rides on weekdays here ?
    Pcp
    Kiara
    Or kota damansara
    Pls Pm me
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hye Guys ! I have a mtB to sell. Its a Commencal Premier S Bike 2012. Bought it February 2012 in PJ.

RM 4199 Negotiable

Full Spec. Hardly used. Excellent condition.

If interested, please contact me at 0122205375

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm Commencal Premier S 2012 for sale

Hye Guys, I have mtB to sell. Its a Commencal Premier S 2012. Bought it Feb 2012. Hardly used. Excellent condition.

If interested please let me know.

contact me at 0122205375

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    lets ridee !!
    anyone been to mount erskine in penang?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Selamat Datang everybody!Im new comer in this forum. was see info about Carnival on 7th of september. Is anybody go there, if yes please contact me because first time in KL. By the way Welcome everybody to Kazakhstan, Almaty there is a lot of 3000 peaks crazy riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AskarALA View Post
    Selamat Datang everybody!Im new comer in this forum. was see info about Carnival on 7th of september. Is anybody go there, if yes please contact me because first time in KL. By the way Welcome everybody to Kazakhstan, Almaty there is a lot of 3000 peaks crazy riding!
    Hi AskarALA,

You'll find everything you need on the KL Mountain Bike Carnival website.

See you there.
    --
    Save Bukit Kiara with KLMBH and TRAKS

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thank you. Hope see there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpanzer View Post
    Hi AskarALA,

You'll find everything you need on the KL Mountain Bike Carnival website.

See you there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    May somebody advise place to rent a mtb bike? Thank you.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hello! Greeting from Malaysia. Selamat Datang!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Selamat datang. My name is Askar I'm from Kazakhstan came yesterday, for few days(cabin crew). And in Malaysian mtb forums a lot of info about Bukit Kiara park. And I will appreciate any info to help me find how to rent a bike and if possible join somebody to ride?
    Terimakasy for reply

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Dear all,

I'll going for a trip in KL 17-23 Nov, and maybe will bring my bike (XC HT). Is Bukit Kiara Park feasible for HT XC bike? Any other suggestion(s)?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I visit KL once a year and occasionally thought of bringing my own hardtail to experience Malaysia tropical trails (I ride SoCal dry desert/fire tracks). Any good trails around the Bangsar area?

mtbr member
    Plaucc,

Bukit Kiara trails are located 10' away from Bangsar, see map here: TRAKS Of Malaysia - A Massive Bukit Kiara Trail Map Including Trail...

Get in touch with the TRAKS folks through the website above or search for TRAKS Of Malaysia on Facebook.
    --
    Save Bukit Kiara with KLMBH and TRAKS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2