Thread: Mabuhay!

mtbr member

Mabuhay!

Flip and Rocknrollbarbie's visit to the PI in pictures....
    Priority 1- get hydrated!

Priority 2- visit my friend, Edmund and his guys at the shop and check out the new stuff...
    Filipino Composite...

Priority 3- Get adjusted to the time by going for a few runs at the Marikina Sports Center at 3:00 am
    Sorry, no pictures of that..hehe

Then it was time for the La Mesa ride... King set it up (THANKS KING!) but unfortunately, was not able to join us... *You'll recognize the faces...

Edmund broke a few chains... *Pure power kasi!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    magaganda and mga pictures and salamat.

mtbr member
    Yesterday was reverse AFP to Giant with my older brother, Ferdie and my cousin, Reuben... *SJ and I ended up doing a 24 mile ride because once we got down to Timberland, we get a phone call that someone found my cousin's wallet and it was waiting to be picked up at the Araneta Guard Gate... SJ and I went back up to pick it up and went down AFP/Monterrey to Marikina instead.... *The dumb part was that I forgot that I had switched to my commuting gear on the dingle so climbing back up wasn't too easy (but still fun)... *

mtbr member
    Today was Camp Ag. *Thanks to King and Agu for putting the ride together... This was our first time and that course was tight and fun!

On the way there, we saw evidence of the power of Ondoy.

The usual suspects. *King, Jeff, SJ and Agu...

The course was so tight that you don't really have time to drink, much less take pics... I did dig the jumps though. *Nicely done... *The pump section could've used some work so you can gain speed instead of scrub speed... Agu's 29'r just ate that stuff up!
    Here is the cool down ride.

Post ride meal at our favorite goto place... Mackys!

We're thinking about hitting Pestano tomorrow via AFP...

mtbr member
    Assorted photos from SJ's camera...

Bike parking at Giant

High tech urinal

Long AFP grind... Not that easy on a SS since some parts are so steep and loose that you can't climb off the saddle. Sitting down and grinding it out was the only way...

We decided to do a quick singletrack detour through Nursery.

Excellent post ride meal at Pan de Amerikana

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Awesome pics!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Flip and Rocknrollbarbie's visit to the PI in pictures....

Priority 2- visit my friend, Edmund and his guys at the shop and check out the new stuff...
    Filipino Composite...
    I recognize this bike. I was in Manila for work and stumbled onto this bike shop in the Home Depot shopping mall.

mtbr member
    I'm vacationing in July. Where can I find a bike place that would rent a decent bike? Thanks.

:\ ping of death
    Pare nasaan ba ito? Malapit ba sa Pampanga?
    What the hell is an aluminum falcon?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Makikisare na rin Mabuhay.................
    We are Pinoys from bangkok, Thailand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mabuhay!-38567_422126734859_764179859_4591301_5170075_n.jpg  

Mabuhay!-38873_422126704859_764179859_4591300_7869275_n.jpg  

Just Ride!
    Great photos, Flipnidaho. Did you bring your bike? How much was it to check it in if you don't mind me asking. I'm planning a trip next year and I would love to ride some areas there. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Love to know the price as well. Going home hopefully by Christmas next year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    Great photos, Flipnidaho. Did you bring your bike? How much was it to check it in if you don't mind me asking. I'm planning a trip next year and I would love to ride some areas there. Thanks!
    I've used Singapore Airlines and Asiana. Neither charged me for my bike. I just ended up leaving my bikes there since I go home every year... Less hassle that way...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice pics! Makes me wanna go back to P.I. now hehehe

Hey flipnidaho,

if you dont mind me asking how did you packed your bike? did you used the bike box or what? I'm planning on going for a vacation next year in P.I. and im thinking about bringing my bike. Im flying Asiana, so they didn't charge you for the bike, was it a hassle checking your bike in? Thanks!

I only use the brake, so I can accelerate all over again...
    ..:: www.THELOBBY09.com ::..

Dive Bomber
    Nice pics. I love the environment.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Awesome pictures. I always go to the Philippines nearly every two years and yet have never gotten a chance to do any riding there. Would like to do it hopefully during my next visit, whenever that may be. Would you or anyone else happen to know any resources or people I can contact the next time I'm there in order to find a group to ride with as well as to possibly rent/borrow a bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoybiker92
    Awesome pictures. I always go to the Philippines nearly every two years and yet have never gotten a chance to do any riding there. Would like to do it hopefully during my next visit, whenever that may be. Would you or anyone else happen to know any resources or people I can contact the next time I'm there in order to find a group to ride with as well as to possibly rent/borrow a bike?
    Dude, I just got back last month. I was planning to ride there during the five weeks that I stayed, but I really didn't get a chance. There are several places to rent, but I am told that the best trails within reasonable proximity to Manila is in Batangas (2 hours away). Gran Trail bikes rents Fuji hardtails for under $20 a day. To hook up with Pinoy MTBers, sign up at http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/ .

I did more shopping and shared my experience here:
    http://www.pinoymtbiker.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=51141

Where are you, btw?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Wow... loved the photos. keep them coming.
    Join Philippine Bikers Forum - login using your Facebook account

mtbr member
    hi to all, pinoymtbiker here from singapore!