≈ > ♥

Japanese gravity parks?

Some friends and I are thinking of heading to Japan this summer, to sample their version of gravity. Maybe hit up a DH race or two...
    Don't know any offhand, but am sure there would be some around Hokkaido?

Anyone know of any lift-access resorts?

village idiot
    Sep 2005
    Fujimi Panorama in Nagano.
    Don`t know of any in Hokkaido off the top of my head. Good luck, the lift assist scene is not very vibrant here at the moment.

Did some more searching and I found a website that lists most of the official trails in Japan
    [url]http://www.sideriver.com/bicycle/course/#mtb
    It is all in Japanese, the list starts in the north ie hokkaido and then goes down the honshu mainland to the south. If nothing else it lists DH, XC and 4X tags. Supposedly the non lift DH spots have shuttle service of some sort, although it can be spendy ( example being pale nasu in Tochigi prefecture is 500 yen per shuttle for maybe 4 minutes of downhill).

Hard to say that Japan is a destination MTB locale yet, I have some great trails near me if you are in Tochigi, but everything requires some pedaling legs.
    Last edited by Velocipedist; 06-03-2009 at 06:04 AM.

≈ > ♥
    Thanks for the info!

banned
    Jan 2011
    i needed the info too, so thanks...

≈ > ♥
    There are trails at Niseko now, on Hokkaido. Put in last summer.

Mostly XCish, but they put in a DH race course last year and run the lift for it on select weekends for races.
    I haven't hit there yet except for the winter pow, but may head over next summer to check out the riding.