mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Japan riders, Nagano prefecture (english/japanese)

Posted in one of the fourms here about me just moving to Japan, I live in Nagano after visiting for the last 3 years, I am coming to grips with reality that visiting is much better then living due to lack of "activities" but, I recently watched DH racing on the local television which was at Nozawa Yama. This has sparked a new intrest in me staying here for a while longer.

So, Just bidded and won a trek y22 on ebay, and awaiting to recieve it from the states, and get into riding again. If theres anyone out in this area that usually has the weekends off and knows of places that are local or by train and looking to get a decent workout give me a call.

I am busy with work during the week, (gotta love Japanese work lifestyle 9am to 10pm) but unlike my wife I enjoy my free time off on the weekends instead of putting in excessivly unnessary hours at work.

Shoot an email to btflsnow2@hotmail.com or call 080-5143-4933 (email first because im still trying to learn how to use my cell phone...)

FRANK

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    is there nothing to due in japan
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Live in Nagano

Nagano held the 1998 olympics, the olympics was the most exciting thing to happen to nagano. The are is pretty rural with not much in the line of sports unless your into basketball / baseball which are the local favorites. As for extreme/action sports, you need to usually wait till wintertime for the mountains, snowboarding and skiing. Life here is about 10-15 years behind the rest of the world. where I am at, I work with a majority grouping of 23-35 year olds, majority males. and their interests and mine do not coincide. They live to work, and work to live. when they are not working, their entertainment consists of the local resturants (izakawa's) and drinking.

I am hoping to get my bike soon from the states to hope spark some new interst in being here, otherwise I need to move back to the States.

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004

Hopefully this isn;t too late

Hey! I got a buddy over the way in Gifu that rides all the time. He says he got great riding in the area. His name is Yoshiro Yano, he owns an Auto detailing business in Gifu. Look him up! He's Japanese but not the typical Japanese by far. His english is really good and I know hes got an Aussie riding buddie as well. Good luck!
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.