village idiot
    Sep 2005

Japan Nikko Kirifuri Shuttle Event

Shout out to any and all All mountain / DH riders in the Kanto area. Tentatively planning a two shuttle days for November 8-9 (Sun,Mon) in Nikko (North Western Tochigi Prefecture, about 100 km north of Tokyo).

The Boshin Trail is in the Kirifuri Kogen (Misty Mountain Highlands) near scenic Nikko famous for its temples and shrines and tasty grub. Super D ish type trail with about 1000' of descent for a 30 min + runs. This historic trail was used by The Edo Bakufu to retreat from the advancing Meiji Government during the Boshin War (1868-69). Great variety of terrain in one trail, come enjoy the Autumnal colors and some sick singletrack.

2,800 Yen gets you 2 shuttles per day and 1 beer per day (nama) total of 4 shuttles 2 beers. I am currently negotiating pricing for campsites for those with tents or a log cabins, will update when I have confirmed price. For the adventurous we can provide additional shuttles on this trail or others for a reasonable fee. I need a minimum of 4 riders to make this a reality.

Questions or comments are greatly appreciated, and the dates are fluid if there is a preferred time let me know. Feel free to pm or email at your leisure.

Lets get in some sick riding before the crappy winter starts.

Kirifuri Freeride

kirifurifreeride@gmail.com

village idiot
    Sep 2005

Bump

I got prices for camping:

Tent site: 1,500 Yen per person (Bring your own tent) Curry dinner additional 1,050 Yen
    Log cabin sleeps 4: 4,200 per person includes dinner.

If I can get turn out for this first time, I think I can do better prices next time.

Anyone who is interested in only riding please pm or post up, I can set up shuttle dates specifically for you.

And I realize its short notice too, but I could move this to Halloween weekend Sat, Sun if those dates work better for people.

Lets ride!

KirifuriFreeride@gmail.com

village idiot
    Sep 2005

Bump

I realize its a ways to come for riding but..

460m (1480 ft) descent 30 min + runs!

great food, awesome hot springs to recuperate in after a long day of railing singletrack, you won't be disappointed.

village idiot
    Sep 2005

If Monday doesnt work for you...

Riders interested in Sunday only, we can do 1 day for 1,800 yen . Let me know if there is any interest.