mtbr member

Japan - Kansai, Kii Hanto rides/tours??

If I can rent a decent bike, would love to join some locals for a ride. Anyone know of any rides, or if not, any good tour companies? Know of any local ride forums (with English)? Road rides would be fine too. I'll be in Kansai July 5 - 12. July 5 - ? I'll be on the Kii Hanto Peninsula. Thanks global cycling community!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hey CCL, did you ever find information re road tours of Japan? I'm going this coming summer and looking for a 1 or 2 day ride (road). Any leads you may have would be great! I'm an advanced rider (race MTB and train on road) looking for some fun, long rides near Tokyo or further North.
    Cheers,
    Brian

mtbr member
    I have no information to give you sorry. I posted everywhere and got very little info. Some guy based in Kyoto wanted to guide me on the road but he never materialized. I found him online. I also posted on various outdoor forums in Japan and got no where. Although the Japanese ride to commute a lot, they don't ride recreationally. You can also check out the responses to my other posts on mtbr on this subject.

But all of my ideas of hiking or biking vanished when I actually got over there. In June it was already hot (upper 80's) and very humid. I'm not able to do much in those conditions. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    thanks for the quick reply - I hope that some of my non-biking family that live in Japan can pull through for me. I hate being more than 4 or 5 days w/ a bike ride!

cheers, b

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Check out Yokotacyclingclub.com. There's quite a few American road and Mountain riders who plan rides on the forum. In fact we will be heading out for a good mountain bike ride tomorrow.