Thread: japan

King of the Idiots

japan

Anyone up for a ride in the tokyo/zama area? Tina needs dirt.
    aw crap, that hurts!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    guess not.

RM7
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    Three years too late.....Tina, do you still need dirt!?!? I have trails.

bij
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Is this guy still in Japan? I didn't find many great trails for mountain biking trails in Japan. Mostly fire roads or places you're not really supposed to go.
    Not sure if they have anything comparable to Whistler though, I went there this month to Whistler for the 2nd time and it was incredible!

RM7
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    Actually we have alot of great trails here in Japan.I live in the Ome, Hinode area and our trails here locally are quite good, but a new rider to the area would/should need to hook up with someone who knows where to go or you could end up kinda lost.
    I will be the first to admit there isn't any lift/shuttle runs that will compare to Whistler but......that's a pretty high standard. We do have Fujimi Panarama as far as lift assisted resort-style riding goes, this is the "main" one, there are smaller operations in various locations throughout Japan. it really depends on ones location. If anyone is looking for guided tours in Japan pm me for details and I can help with some arrangements if you like, I have 20 years here in Japan and am in the bike industry.

bij
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
    Actually we have alot of great trails here in Japan.I live in the Ome, Hinode area and our trails here locally are quite good, but a new rider to the area would/should need to hook up with someone who knows where to go or you could end up kinda lost.
    I will be the first to admit there isn't any lift/shuttle runs that will compare to Whistler but......that's a pretty high standard. We do have Fujimi Panarama as far as lift assisted resort-style riding goes, this is the "main" one, there are smaller operations in various locations throughout Japan. it really depends on ones location. If anyone is looking for guided tours in Japan pm me for details and I can help with some arrangements if you like, I have 20 years here in Japan and am in the bike industry.
    Are you friends with Chaz of Cove bikes by any chance? He spoke about you or someone who does guided tours. I would have pm'd you but I don't have enough posts on mtbr forum to do that yet.

RM7
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    You are on track with that ...I'll pm ya.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hey RM7, I have also been in the Tokyo area for some time. I am military affiliated and have access to Tama hills if you have heard of it. I've been told it is one of the best places to ride in the tokyo area. I have been interested in finding the trails in Ome. Might be fun to get together some time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    If anyone is interested in riding Tama HIlls. In the Inagi/Wakabadai area, let me know it is the best riding in the Tokyo area. I can arrange entry since it is a US military base.

RM7
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    John....is this you??.......This is Rick,

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hey Rick, its me, call you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    If you guys are at Yokota check out Yokotacylcingforums.com. I've been riding trails in this area for several years and know quite a few of the good ones. Some of these trails are really difficult but so much fun. If you want more info or you feel your ready to ride let me know. We have a Hinode area ride planned for Sunday 9 Oct that you could join in on. We will be climbing about 3000 feet and then riding single track back down the mountain for about a hour and a half. You must be a skilled rider and relatively fit to complete this ride. When I say fit I don't mean pencil thin, I mean you can pedal a bike up the mountain in areas that can reach 28 degrees of incline.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi can i join you guys in your rides? I live in yamato(kanagawa)

Sent from my SO-01C using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    GeloBeans, we are now using Facebook to post rides. Look for us at Yokota MTB Club and choose the rides you want to go on. Just let us know and we will arrange meeting locations with you.

bij
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GeloBeans View Post
    Hi can i join you guys in your rides? I live in yamato(kanagawa)

Sent from my SO-01C using Tapatalk 2
    Sounds like fun, but I am back in Canada where the mountain bike can't be beat by trails in Japan. It was fun and all in Japan though.