Thread: Japan!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Japan!

Anybody know much about a scene? I will be studying in the Osaka area for a year, and if there is riding to be had I would like to do it. Anybody know of some good XC trails? Is there enough riding going on anywhere that there are any active downhill trails with a place to rent big squishy bikes? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy
    Anybody know much about a scene? I will be studying in the Osaka area for a year, and if there is riding to be had I would like to do it. Anybody know of some good XC trails? Is there enough riding going on anywhere that there are any active downhill trails with a place to rent big squishy bikes? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.
    if you make it up to the Tokyo area let me know, I have a few bikes, and a couple for loaners.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the offer! I'm actually heading to Tokyo next week for a couple or three nights, but since it's such a short time I won't be able to do biking. I'll definitely post up again next time I end up in the area.

mtbr member

Dh

There is some very good Dhing in nearby Kobe (Mt Rokko). If you don't have a bike it might be worth you getting one. There is a shop on route 2 through Nishinomiya-Kobe. In a place called Ashiya (one of the richest areas in Japan - very famous so easy to find) you will find a bike shop called Rin Rin Ashiya. They are very nice guys (when they are not too busy) and avid downhillers - but ride in the morning before work! If you ask they may be able to help you out when they next head up to a ski resort like Fujimi Panorama where you can rent bikes. PM me for more info

mtbr member

DH or free riding in gifu?

Hey Guys,

I live in Nagoya and want to go riding around here, gifu or mie if I can.

Any ideas?

I just bought a Big hit and she's calling my name!

mtbr member
    I think they hold JCF DH race in Gifu somewhere, which means there must be a lift serviced mtn. Do a search for JCF race series and see if you can decipher where the race is, they might have a link to the ski field homepage. Hope you or someone you know can read kanji, because I'm from memory that is how the schedule is written(as you'd expect, being Japanand all)! There is a guy from nagano who writes for outdoor japan (search the website) from time tol time and he will be more clued up than me on this stuff (I'm back in New Zealand).

mtbr member
    Link to JCF race series here: http://www.jcf.or.jp/eng2/index.html

NOW IN ENGLISH. So you should be able to navigate yourself around the site. Good people the JCF guys, quite helpful.

mtbr member
    Wow thanks alot!

I will check that out right now

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hi there, so mt fujimi has some pretty good downhill, I am visiting from australia for 2 weeks in septmeber, and am pretty keen on bit of riding while i am there!
    Also, can you rent bikes from bike shops in japan?

mtbr member
    Yep, Fujimi Panorama is pretty cool. Think you can rent bikes there. However, I haven't seen bikes for rent at bike shops in Japan before. Nice to be up in altitude in Summer, cools it down a bit! Have fun

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Anybody want to ride at Tama Hills Military Base just outside of Tokyo, near Kawasaki. I can get you in. Good 5k MTB course.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm military too and I'm deployed to Yokosuka for the next 7 months and I'm just waiting for my bike to get here and I will be down for any rides whether it be Tama Hills, Ikego, Kamakura....

Jason

mtbr member
    May 2011
    since I will be going to be living in japan from next march, I need to find XC trails near me. Are there any good xc trails near yokohama area?
    2012 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2007 K2 FS
    2006 Ironhorse Quantum