Thread: From Japan

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

From Japan

Hey everyone, im currently living in japan but used to live in NC back in the states. But I was hopin to get with someone to go riding with out here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    ill be there in about a year not sure if that will be much help for you though. Were in Japan?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiike
    ill be there in about a year not sure if that will be much help for you though. Were in Japan?
    well i will still be here in a year just not to much later after that. And im stationed in Iwakuni.

stitches from ditches
    Sep 2006

When in the area . . .

If you're ever in the Yokosuka / Kanagawa area just shoot me a message and we can hit up Zushi (trails) or Fuji Pan (Downhill). Are there many people who ride in Iwakuni?

Go Fast, Take Chances.

wow, pretty crazy...

i am originally from NC and currently live in Atsugi. i ride as much as possible, we have a trip planned for the end of april to yatsugatake, i have ridden mitake, takao, lots of other places, i have been wanting to ride in zushi, so domni, send me a message, we'll have to go ride there. also, got a trip planned for fujimi panorama as soon as they open up this season. later.

mtbr member
    Hi Jonathan
    I see you are off to Fujimi soon. Do you ride there often?
    I generally try to get up there every week (wed+thurs) once the place opens. If you see an English guy with a grey ironhorse sunday, say hello

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Mr. Sykes.... check your damn email! chris is on vaco with dawn, and jen and I are looking to ride at Zama tomorrow.

As you can see I am near Sykes81, he's on the *other* side of the tracks.

Anyone up for a cheezy fun ride in the Sagamihara/Zama/Fuchinobe area let me know. Looking for an excuse to hit up Gunma and Saitama. I am back into it after about a 10yr lapse in riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Live in Tokyo but ride primarily in Guma and Nagano - North Karuizawa being one of my favorite areas. Try to ride in this area at least once a month. Give me a shout if anyone is in the area....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Coming to Yoko

I'll be in Yokosuka soon and was looking for someone to ride with. Currently stationed in Hawaii and was hoping to get some DH/FR in while I'm there. I ride a Bullitt and won't have a car so I can't get to far off base. My email is lemieurB@cg70.navy.mil.

mtbr remember
    Anyone in the Osaka or Kansai area???

any well-known good riding in the Kansai area that I should be aware of? any dj's or hidden street spots, etc.? only have my 24" hardtail with me atm...
    wish I had my DH bike (or the time and money to travel to some of these places mentioned too, haha...).
    any help is much appreciated.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Dirt jumps, a good little track at the big park in Sakai city (near the river, not far from Diamond City), the name escapes me for now, will post back when i remember. Very big well-known park anyway. Not nagai park, but not far away.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnkiwi
    Dirt jumps, a good little track at the big park in Sakai city (near the river, not far from Diamond City), the name escapes me for now, will post back when i remember. Very big well-known park anyway. Not nagai park, but not far away.

excellent, much obliged for the heads up. Please give me more info when you can recall. I am not so familiar with Sakai city though, although my friends GF lives there so maybe I'll be able to ask around.

so are these just poached dj's built illegally in a city park or something? bmx'ers, or what? hopefully I can meet some cool locals or something. I wanna dig and ride!
    are you still in the area?
    Schralp it Heavy.