Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Indonesia....?

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Sounds great riding at the rain forests area... How's the track looks like? Rocky, rooty, loose soils, wet, dry....? Post some picture...
    Btw your Reign is a nice bike, what fork do you use..?

str

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well actually it's not a single track, so don't imagine narrow track surrounded by tropical trees. The tracks that I ride is actually a mix kind of tracks, there's a wide road that use by coal mining companies, so it's mainly gravels and continued with wide track that usually use by oil & gas company to check their pipelinegas (gravels too) and then last track is asphalt road :-)

And the hill that I used to train my climbing endurance is a loose soil.

About wet or dry, it's depends on the season, if it's rain season, parts of track gonna be
    muddy :-)

Since I'm here from April 2006, I'm still exploring the area to find a single track that I imagine of (single track surrounded by thick tropical trees)

Yes, it;s a nice bike, thank you. The fork still OEM, manitou splice (fork), manitou swinger 3 way (shock)

I'll post the pictures soon.

~~~~~~~~
    a question.
    we'll be back in South Sumatra soon and would like to get a couple good bikes purchased and transported to our destination. We are traveling with surfboards so the bikes would have to be delivered to the final destination.

What parcel or freight delivery type service is available within Indonesia?
    Can someone suggest a shop in Jakarta area or Bandar Lampung?
    If delivery is fast and economical, purchase in Bali is possible also.
    I've had a look at the bike shop in our destination, but desire a more solid bike than what they have in stock.

It would be great to do some pedaling while there!

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    airwreck, see your PM

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi, a Question about shop from Indonesia, do anybody here knows the Java Quantum Sports?
    They have best prices for Intense bikes on the net, even too good prices, can I trust them and buy a bike in this shop? Or not because it's a cheat? Any Suggestions?
    They are from Medan, Sumatera Utara.

Thx for any respond

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by votec View Post
    Hi, a Question about shop from Indonesia, do anybody here knows the Java Quantum Sports?
    They have best prices for Intense bikes on the net, even too good prices, can I trust them and buy a bike in this shop? Or not because it's a cheat? Any Suggestions?

Thx for any respond
    I'm not sure yet.... but here's some trusted on line sellers in

majuroyal.blogspot.com/

lapakkeakea.blogspot.com/

sepedamtb.com

bmtbonline.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by votec View Post

Thx for any respond
    Hi, I would also very like to know if somebody already bought a bike from this store, they have really good prices but nowhere is any reference or confirmation that:
    1) they really have biggest shop in Medan as they state
    2) somebody has experience with buying from them

It is really suspicious because if they exist already 8 years, stating that they are the biggest shop in quite large city, and you cannot find any recommendation on the internet....
    I hope that somebody from Indonesia can help us to verify
    THANKS indeed

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    javaquantum.en.ecplaza.net. ??

I think it's a scam..

Trusted online shops are :
    sepeda98.com --> jakarta, scott, spez, fuji
    megahbike.com --> jakarta, giant
    bmtbonline.com --> bali, banshee, surly, transition

Shops that marlboroicemint have posted also trusted shops

Biggest forum and source of information for mtb in indonesia : sepedaku.com

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Too bad this nice place (and people) to ride is also being used by irresponsible people to do the dirty business. Said that I came across the same practices (and almost get me) from Eastern Europe countries few years back. It seems those scumbags just want to tap the growing market there.
    Like China and India, Indonesia is a growing market for every sector of business. It's only a matter of time the sport (or hobby) like mountain biking or cycling in general will hit this region. I understand from colleagues there, the mtb riders population is growing exponentially. Big brands like Santacruz, Turner, Intense, ScottUsa, Specialized, Trek, Giant etc are well represented.
    The great thing Indonesia is blessed with tropical season and endless trail allowing you to ride over the year non stop.
    Can't wait to visit there again and rides with great people.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

Dive Bomber
    Some pics of my fave rock garden. Located in Punclut - Bandung West Java
    It's around half mile long each path, the choice is yours to climb or to descend..

BTW the two last pic is change, now it become concrete road.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i was born in indonesia, im glad to know that when i go visit, there are some biking there. whoo hoo

Dive Bomber
    Here's some view of my town - It's just around 20km uphill to get view like this in Bandung West Java.

I ride SS so it's no problem for gears here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indonesia....?-img00249-20111029-0739_resize.jpg  

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jackspade View Post
    Here's some view of my town - It's just around 20km uphill to get view like this in Bandung West Java.

I ride SS so it's no problem for gears here.
    That's very nice.. Do you live in Bandung?
    I visited there and had a chance being guided for an mtb riding by a small group gathering at the field in front of historical government building (was it Gedung Satay?).
    To my recollection there were miles and miles up hill route to mount Perahu and also tons of dowhill route on the way back.. Interestingly to get there, they took me to the small alleys of congested housing compunds, cut through to the single track and tea plantation trail. A total more than 3000 ft vertical climbs.
    It was very nice ride.. will do more in next opportunity.

Dive Bomber
    Quote Originally Posted by softailteamrider View Post
    That's very nice.. Do you live in Bandung?
    I visited there and had a chance being guided for an mtb riding by a small group gathering at the field in front of historical government building (was it Gedung Satay?).
    To my recollection there were miles and miles up hill route to mount Perahu and also tons of dowhill route on the way back.. Interestingly to get there, they took me to the small alleys of congested housing compunds, cut through to the single track and tea plantation trail. A total more than 3000 ft vertical climbs.
    It was very nice ride.. will do more in next opportunity.
    Yes I live in Bandung and I ride weekdays.

I think you talking about Jayagiri, I've never been there but from the stories of many riders that's a very interesting place.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    A ha..I don't think there's a thread that represent my hometown.

I ride mostly at UI forest, Depok or sometimes at JPG, Serpong or JJ, Bekasi. but the last two is rarely visited.

Later there's a track near to the central of Jakarta called Lintas Radar it's not far from Halim Perdana Kusuma Airport. I've been there once.

I never go to Rindu Alam track.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    hello... nice to meet all of you...
    i live in pamulang, banten but never ride off road before cause my surly KM just arrived today, i'll build my KM soon, can't wait....

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I will be visiting Yogyakarta this weekend. Wondering if there is any mountain bike riding here?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    yeah there is a lot of trail in Jogjakarta. How long are you gonna stay in djogjakarta?

mtbr member
    another one from Jogjakarta here let's ride

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Anyone live Sumatera Barat? I'll go there for Tour de Maninjau this weekend. Wondering if there's any AM track near by Maninjau Lake.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Search for Cycle Indonesia on Google

Anyone interested in cycling in Indonesia especially around Jakarta can check out the Cycle Indonesia site. It links to a Google group of active riders in the area. Many of their paths are uploaded to Garmin Connect and can be downloaded to a GPS device. Happy trails!
    Last edited by cactolith; 02-05-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Update text

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Buying a bike from Indonesia

Hi - are you familiar with sale-bikes . com ?
    They are in Indonesia, and have some great deals on bikes, but I'm really not sure about buying and having it shipped from all the way here to Georgia, in the US. Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am not familiar with that site. The address lists Bogor and I didn't live there and never heard of the place. I can't imgine shipping a bike from Indonesia to GA would make economic sense after all the charges. Feel free to join the cycle indonesia group and post the question there. Someone there may know more than I do.

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cactolith View Post
    I am not familiar with that site. The address lists Bogor and I didn't live there and never heard of the place. I can't imgine shipping a bike from Indonesia to GA would make economic sense after all the charges. Feel free to join the cycle indonesia group and post the question there. Someone there may know more than I do.
    +1. Seems like a scam to me, pricing is too good to be true. There were few examples before.
    While Indonesia is a new growing market for mountain bike, to my knowledge there are only few legit online store there as it's not a popular way of deal sight unseen. People tend to build relationship with LBS there and online transaction done after they knows each other or through buddies.
    Take extra precaution when dealing online with heavily discounted pricing for new item.
    By the way the address seems belong to Semeru Bike in Bogor Indonesia. I met the owner, a passionate biker running a legitimate bike shop there but I dont think he has any idea with that online dealing. Google Semeru Bike you may get the right contact number.

Indonesian mtbr
    Here is link to some my documentation (track and bike) about off road track in kalimantan / borneo

Track Offroad MTB di Kalsel | Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community

one of pic:
    Indonesia....?-1654256_20121104022136.jpg
    Last edited by fadill; 03-03-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast