mtbr member
    May 2006

Hokkaido Japan Downhill Riders

Hey guys,
    I have just moved to Sapporo, Japan on the Island of Hokkaido. Could anyone provide some good info on trails or who to talk to about finding good trails and racing downhill?

Or if you living in Sapporo and want another riding partner drop me a email at:
    brad_j_davis@hotmail.com

Thank you for any advice given!!

Brad

Rider of the Faith
    Hey Brad...
    I`m in Tohoku. I have a link for ya.....I hope you can handle Japanese......
    http://www.takinopark.com/
    It says mainly XC. If you find a DH course tell me... I will make the trip up.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hi Musashi,
    Im working on my reading skills, i feel like im 3 years old not being able to read again.
    Is downhill not that popular in Japan or Hokkaido? I seem to be able to find information on Honshu but not here. I thought with all the mountains like Hirafu etc that it would be a popular sport here.
    It sounds your keen for some downhill riding if your keen to make a road trip!
    Thank you for the link.

Rider of the Faith
    Down Hill is popular down south and there are a few good places around. I think its too cold up north and so the season is too short. I have been to Iwate and Aomori on some private mountains. You will find the Japanese courses are smaller and have more technical stuff. One good place is Eboshi in Miyagi. The course is easy but you get to ride up in a gondola and hardly anyone is on the course.

There is a park in Chiba I really wanna tear up...http://www.takamineyama.com/
    I hope to hit it when I get the time.