KPH
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

HK - Riding to Victoria Peak

Thinking of taking a ride up to Victoria Peak (HK Island) and was wondering if anyone on here has done it and what route was used.

I guess it would be too much to ask for an off-road route but a road one will be OK.

Cheers,

KPH

Mtn View, CA
    I was there in early November. I did not see any kind of MTB route to get to Victoria Peak. I did see a couple of roadies at the top. I assume they took Peak Road from Stubbs. Where were you planning on starting? I took a co-worker up on the tram. She had never been. There are some pathways, staircases, and streets that follow the tram route that could be interesting to ride down.
    Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed...

KPH
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    After advice from people on the forum I went up Conduit road, then Hatton road on to the morning trail that eventually went up to the Peak.

Coming down was a blast, down the Peak road and then magazine Gap Rd, which I discovered has some very very tight hairpin bends!!

At the top, just outside the peak building, I asked a Police man the best way down and he pointed me int he direction of the steps to the left of the building (when looking towards Central) but he said that it may be a bit difficult as I didn't have a full sus !!!)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    After advice from people on the forum I went up Conduit road, then Hatton road on to the morning trail that eventually went up to the Peak.

Coming down was a blast, down the Peak road and then magazine Gap Rd, which I discovered has some very very tight hairpin bends!!

At the top, just outside the peak building, I asked a Police man the best way down and he pointed me int he direction of the steps to the left of the building (when looking towards Central) but he said that it may be a bit difficult as I didn't have a full sus !!!)
    I have left Hong Kong many years ago but I think the stairs on the left of the Peak building are only a few steps and then you're on the Old Peak road which is a very very steep concrete trail. Probably the fastest way down !!!! Not very interesting though but I'm surprised the policeman advised you since I thought bikes were officially not allowed on most of the trails in HK (maybe this is considered a road !!!).
    Another way down could have been Pok Fu Lam reservoir road....