mtbr member

Chunceon, South Korea

Does anyone know about the mountain biking near Chuncheon South Korea. Looks like the terrain is good and the area appears to be some sort of outdoor recreation destination for Australian tourist. There seems to be a big focus on water skiing and hiking. Oh and puppet shows.

May get to move there in May for 1+ years. Could even live with just lots of mountain roads gravel or paved as the terrain looks incredible as seen in this Wiki photo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I live in Wonju, Gangwondo, just 45 minutes south of Chuncheon by bus. Chuncheon is beautiful and Gangwondo in general is great for mountain biking. There aren't many trails in Korea per se, but if you're willing to look around and explore there are very good places to bike. There is also a pretty large cycling community in Korea, though concentrated in Seoul. Check out Biking in Korea on Facebook. Good luck in Korea. I've been here for 10 years and enjoy myself tremendously, both on and off my Trek.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I don't know if any of you guys are still around, but I'm in Changwon...and have yet to find any decent riding trails around here

mtbr member
    The inaugural Giant Cup was held in Chuncheon a few months ago, a little 42km race. The route is kinda cool and I'll definitely be riding it again. Am also planning a Seoul - Chuncheon ride for the spring. There are a whole bunch of trails around there, and most bike store guys will be willing to help.