mtbr member
    Dec 2004

China based riders

I ride in Dali, Yunnan. Anybody around?

ADC
    SSingle
    I'm not familiar with China, but I might be in Shanghai this summer for a few weeks to visit my dad, who's working there. Any good riding in Shanghai or nearby?
    Some pick-up lines that may not work...

That shirt looks very becoming on you, but if I were on you, I'd be coming too.

Do you work for UPS? I could have sworn I saw you checking out my package.

You know what would look good on you? Me.

My love for you is like diarrhea...I just can't hold it in.

Lay down, I think I love you.

Say, you wouldn't know how to play the skin flute would ya?

is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by achawalla
    I ride in Dali, Yunnan. Anybody around?
    say it with a cali surfer dude draw. Dali man, ****in' Dali. do I know you. just today got a batch of slides developed from there abouts.

odd to say the least. what you on?. spent a month there and never saw tire tracks above the 2000m mark (read 200m above town) other then the ones I was laying down. did run into a batch of dirt roadies. you maybe?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Dude, I don't think we ever met. And for sure I don't got a road bike, just the skinny tire single speed with basket to haul my kid around on. But I do have a sweet Dekerf and I ride daily here, our family have been here for 2 years now and I have yet to see anybody else here riding up above town, except workers on Chinese bikes, which are cool and all but don't do the tricks with the sharp rocks here. Too bad we never did hook up while you were here, but if you ever show up here again give me a yell. Jon at achawalla@gmx.net. PS. we are thinking to move to Nelson, BC Canada for the birth of our second baby in July and I heard there's some nice trails there......

is this thing on?
    ha, ya don't say. I'm in Yunnan till April. Zhondian based most of the time. though I have not been there much this year. look for the Coiler D. needless to say I don't spend much time in town when in Dali, rockin out the horse trials off cloud highway. or lines out of Wase. at the number 5 right now picking up some left goods, off the night train and onto the night bus, back to Shangri-La, la la la.

funny we never met. will be back next winter. plus I'm a B.C. boy my self, so it could happen.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Dude, I'm in Dali as we speak, I live up on San Ye Jie, you know the ghetto above town on the way to Daliwood? Yu Ju Jie 34, give me a call if you want to go for a ride or hang out. 13087400035. Take care and stay safe, bro.