mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Bike Shops In Singapore

Hay
    I have a day in Singapore next week, could I get some directions / advice on bike shops to visit, preferable ones with Mavic and Sram, but any decent bike shops will do....

thanks

Hay Ewe

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hey Hay ... not sure if I'll be much help to you as far as the specific advice you are seeking, but I'm hoping that the info I provide may be mutually beneficial.

I am located in Ontario, Canada so I'm not really familiar with Singapore, however, I was interested in purchasing a bike from a bike store/supplier in Singapore and was doing some research on-line that's how I came across your post.

I cannot say for sure if the stores I will mention have the Mavic and Sram products you are searching for, so I can only hope that if you are willing to check them out you will also get something out of it. What I am interested in getting out of this is to have you check the legitimacy of one particular store and if they indeed have stock of the bike I'd like to purchase. Obviously I only ask you to do this if you are willing to help a cycling brother out.

Let me know and I will post again with the details.

Regards,
    Bogdan

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Here's a list: http://www.smbf.com.sg/bikeshop.htm

FWIW, I've checked out some of the Singapore bike stores (I can't recall which ones). They were not all that impressive on either price or range. I know that some Singapore mountain bikers do their shopping when in Hong Kong instead.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hi again, Ive managed to sort out a list of stores that might be of interest, so I thought Id go ahead and post it. Two of the stores (Swissvalley and AttitudeBikes) I managed to contact by e-mail and got a good vibe from them. With the exception of Swissvalley, all the other stores (including the one Im interested in) are within what I would consider walking distance of each other, and appear reasonably close to and accessible from the Changi International Airport.

The store I am interested in is called Bike One Store, is located at 688 Telok Kurau Road, Singapore, ZIP 423803 and the name of my contact is Mr. Michele Yasmin. Apparently this store is fairly new (approx 6 months) and they have some fairly high-end frames and full bikes for sale at some incredible prices. The bike I would like to purchase is a 2009 BMC Trailfox 02 Complete Bike in a LARGE size. Here is the link: http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...LETE_BIKE.html

The other stores are:

AttitudeBikes - 118 Telok Kurau Road, Singapore, ZIP 423803

Swissvalley - 486 River Valley Road, Singapore, ZIP 248370

Cycle Craft - 282 East Coast Road, Singapore, ZIP 428946

Boonbike - 488 Changi Road, Singapore, ZIP 419898

Nam Ho Bike Trading - 1A Stangee Place, Singapore, ZIP 424064

I hope you can make some use of this info Hay Ewe, and if you could also look into my request it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you want to communicate by other means and I can PM you my e-mail address.

Regards,
    Bogdan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Womble, thanks for the list
    Bogdan, stand by, I shall see what I can do.

Hay Ewe

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    When will you be in Singapore Hay Ewe?
    Have you checked any of the stores on Womble's list and do they show any promise?

Bogdan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    there has been a delay on my trip of one week
    will have a look at the list later today most likely

Hay Ewe

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hay Ewe
    there has been a delay on my trip of one week
    will have a look at the list later today most likely

Hay Ewe

Hi Hay ... just wondering how things are coming along with your trip.

Bogdan

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hey check the following site.

www.dekibike.com/

Hope it helps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Ok, I am back
    there have been some problems at our base where I was going and only work approved websites are able to be accessed.

So, I only got to go o Swissvalley in Singapore, and on the monday, after walking 35 mins, 20 in the rain, it was closed. they open tuesday to saturday, and as we were elaving ont eh tuesday, there was no time to go back.

I had a good look in the window and it looks like a half decent shop, plenty of range, including BMC. I know this isnt the shop that you were enquiring about Bogdan.

I did not find the others, just before I went I was asked to do some other stuff ofr work and so did not have time.

Not much help I am affraid, but Swiss Valley looks good.

Hay Ewe

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan

The store I am interested in is called “Bike One Store”, is located at 688 Telok Kurau Road, Singapore, ZIP 423803 and the name of my contact is Mr. Michele Yasmin. Apparently this store is fairly new (approx 6 months) and they have some fairly high-end frames and full bikes for sale at some incredible prices. The bike I would like to purchase is a 2009 BMC Trailfox 02 Complete Bike in a “LARGE” size. Here is the link: http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...LETE_BIKE.html

Regards,
    Bogdan
    I am in Singapore and apparently could not find this address on that road. The road ends with house number around 405. A search with the company's name on the local govt companies registry website also draws a blank.
    Last edited by cairocks; 05-12-2010 at 06:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hey guys ... yeah, this "Bike One Store" seems to be a scam! I wrote the guy and told him I will go ahead and buy the bike. He sent me the account details to do a wire transfer ... it was to a personal account and the bank located in Medan, Indonesia.

Nice try!!! Too bad you can't send a kick-in-the-ass in e-mail!