mtbr member

Anyone from Taiwan?

Hi - I`m in Canada. I own a 2005 Kona Kula Primo. I am presentIy re-finishing a Kona Poject 2 fork and need to know some info from Taiwan.

There is a Paint company called Tai Chuan Paint Manufacturer Co. This company is responsible for the paint color of the Kona Primo. The color is called TC-6090 - blue. I know it`s alot to ask but if it`s not to much trouble... could someone find out if this color can be purchased and sent to Canada? How much would it cost ?

Thanks so much in advance. I appreciate anyone who could help. Steve

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Not from Taiwan, but I do have a TC paint book. It would be much cheaper to have someone local color match that Kona color. If you have someone who can color match based off of a Pantone color, I'll match TC-6090 to a Pantone color for you.

mtbr member
    Hey ssmike - that would be awesome. I know that Pantone is industry standard, but how close would it be to the actual TC-6090? It is a mat blue finish. Even if I take a digital pic of the frame, it won`t be the same "on screen". I work with Photoshop and could also produce a color that would be close.

Where did you get your TC paint book? Can paints be ordered from that book?

I`m interested to know how you can do this - thanks.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by top_ring
    Hey ssmike - that would be awesome. I know that Pantone is industry standard, but how close would it be to the actual TC-6090? It is a mat blue finish. Even if I take a digital pic of the frame, it won`t be the same "on screen". I work with Photoshop and could also produce a color that would be close.

Where did you get your TC paint book? Can paints be ordered from that book?

I`m interested to know how you can do this - thanks.
    I got it in Taiwan - industry stuff, you know. Anyway, TC-6090 is actually a gloss finish. Any gloss finish can be turned into a matte finish in Taiwan though which I'm sure is what Kona did. The gloss TC-6090 is almost a perfect match (99.99%) to Pantone 2727C. I'm sure you could get painte mixed to match 2727C in a matte finish.

As far as I'm aware, TC supplies paint only in Taiwan. I've never dealt directly with them - only indirectly through frame painters in Taiwan.

mtbr member
    That`s great. I loaded up that color in QuarkXpress and the on screen view even looks like a match. One step closer. I wonder if the auto body shops in town could match this? We`ll see. Thanks again.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by top_ring
    That`s great. I loaded up that color in QuarkXpress and the on screen view even looks like a match. One step closer. I wonder if the auto body shops in town could match this? We`ll see. Thanks again.
    As they say in Taiwan (phonetically) - Mayo-Entee (no problem).