mtbr member

Anyone Been Biking in Bali?

hi, heading of to bali later this year on my honeymoon. definately want to squeeze in a day or two of biking whilst out there (already cleared that with the 'boss'). anyone suggest any places to ride or good places to hire a bike from?

we'll be based in the south of the island, bit of googling suggests the north is the place to head on two wheels.

looking for a bit wilderness really, and some singletrack, and a mountain top or two, im from scotland so im not expecting it to be too much like what im normally riding. im also expecting its not going to be as cold...

thanks for any info.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    hello octavius
    im indonesian but i dont living in bali.
    maybe u can contact bike to work indonesia chpater bali, search on FB

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    hi octavius
    am sure these guys can provide you with lot's of information on bikes and where to mountain biking in Bali.
    infinitymountainbiking.com

cheers
    Sam
    Last edited by InfinityMTB; 02-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hey Octavius!
    I live here on Bali and I'm on the roads and backroads 3x a week. Beautiful riding!
    I've posted some routes with profiles on tracks4bikers just filter with the term "Bali". PM me and I'll give you my contact info.
    Stay warm!
    C

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Bali Trailblazers are the best option for "real" mountain biking. They take you on singletrack through villages and around temples. Definitely out of the way. It's not "drag the fat tourist up a paved road and let them go down" biking tours. I took my own bike and was glad for it. They do have bike rentals available. I would suggest bringing your own pedals and water/helmet/shoes if you're serious.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    There are other options too -I contracted with Trailblazers but they ended up subcontracting to Bali Rides, who did a great job.

I wrote a review at Tripadvisor and there have been a few others since. I'd provide a link, but as I have less than 10 posts, I can't yet...

There is another similar operator, the name of which escapes me at present, as well as one called Bali Twin Peaks, but I haven't heard anything about them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Was there a month ago and went with one of the first two internet hits googling 'mountain bike bali tour'. Did the Mt. Batur loop... Someone else has posted on youtube. I had great weather. But it was dusty in certain parts. Really awesome changes in scenery... High ocean vistas to lava field moonscapes. Ketut seems to be everybodys favorite guide, the company i went with had older bikes giant 26. But i've seen newer bikes advertised at others, like trance. Worth doing.