Thread: Antipolo

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Antipolo

Any good biking trails in Antipolo or nearby area(s). And also bike rentals. Trails of course off road from Fire road to single track may or may not have to be technical.12 mile loop or more should do para sulit. I practically grew up in Antipolo well the valley that is, not the town/city proper. Specifically what used to be Island Cement.
    Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Never ridden in that area but there are plenty of good mtb trails in Santa Rosa/Silang area where I ride frequently. A lot of guys make the trip down here from the Manila area. Don't know of others but I know Sabak rents bikes. They have three stores, Makati, Alabang, and Santarosa. But check here for others.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    wmodavis,
    Refresh me please of the georgraphy of the area, its been really long (left PI 1991). Sta Rosa is in Laguna, so Binan Laguna then Sta Rosa? or is it beyond Los Banos.
    After my Dad retired from IC, we stayed in Almanza which is at Pilar Village. I know Ayala Alabang and I assume that is where one of the store for Sabak Sports is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    SantaRosa is before Los Banos.by about 15 miles. It's roughly 16 miles south of NAIA down the South Luzon Expressway. Ayala Alabang is where the Sabak and another good bike shop (Gran Trail Cycles Filinvest West Gate, Alabang, Muntinlupa) are. If you're planning on coming back for a visit give the riding a try. We'll be in the States for a couple of months (June & July) but back after that. I live near the Mamplasan exit - the one just before the Santa Rosa exit.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    No plans yet but at least I know where to go. Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Timberland in Mt. Maarat located in San Mateo, Rizal is just beside Antipolo. Lots of trails there. Look it up.

mtbr member
    you can get to Timberland from Antipolo pretty easily... You can either go through Marikina to San Mateo or hook up to Maarat/Shotgun via Marcos Hwy (this is the long way)...

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    San Mateo rings a bell, Teresa, Morong, and Tanay. Yes close to Antipolo.
    Thanks.