Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tokyo Riders! Unite!

23K views 85 replies 23 participants last post by  replicant 
#1 ·
I have been in Tokyo for a few years, and have my japanese driving license, but have no car.

As you know, owning a car in Tokyo is expensive and I have no need for one (other than going riding).

If anyone out here is going on day trips, or weekend trips (Fujimi, or any area nearby). Then lets try to get together and split the transport costs. I can rent a MPV if no one has anything.

So, if you live in the Tokyo area post up here!

#29 ·
Aloha, boys--finally made it up here from Fukuoka and have gotten settled in, living in Miyamae-ku, Kawasaki-shi, about 6km from the Tamagawa, and haven't hit the dirt in four months--any rides coming up on the weekends? I've got a roadster with a rack so I can meet up wherevers.

#33 ·
Mahalo plenty to mattf and kmorast for the intro to the area--we rode for about six hours, linking three or so trails together. Lots of elevation gained and lost; kmorast's a machine on the uphills, roots and all, and mattf's no slouch, either! I had a blast on the descents, and can't wait to head back, though I think my legs are gonna give me hell tomorrow.

#38 ·
I found out why I was so beat on the ascents--I was fighting a wicked stomach bug that really hit after I got home--I couldn't for the life of me figure out the fatigue during the ride. It's hard for me to judge the trail well because I felt like hammered dog poo while riding but it certainly had some great sections. I definitely want to hit it again in better health. One thing--I think a gravity dropper with remote would be a good call.

#39 ·
Hey,
Would like to meet up with some of you Tokyo based riders - I've been spending too much time on the skinny tyres this year.

Finally made it out to Ome last Suday for the first time since early summer and had a great ride there. Trails in good condition!

Springtime:

Autumn:

#42 ·
SEA_MTBR said:
I am just south in Yokosuka. A number of great trails locally, but always looking for an opportunity to ride new trails. If you can make it south, I would be happy to show you around.
I just got station in yokosuka, and needs some help finding some trails around here!!! i have been exploring some on the internet, and found some by zushi but i still feel lost!!! my email is abestivers@yahoo.com
hope to hear from you
thanks,
ABE Stivers, Tyler
USN

#43 ·
To Ome from Tokyo by car

I'm in Tokyo Minato-ku, and it seems from reading this thread that Ome is a good option to reach by car. Would really appreciate if anyone could send me a link or a google maps search term that I could use to find specifically where to park and begin a ride. I'm into single track, anything cross-country. Hope to see folks out there. Thanks.

#46 ·
RobInVA said:
I'm in Tokyo Minato-ku, and it seems from reading this thread that Ome is a good option to reach by car. Would really appreciate if anyone could send me a link or a google maps search term that I could use to find specifically where to park and begin a ride. I'm into single track, anything cross-country. Hope to see folks out there. Thanks.
PM sent.
AW.

#48 ·
Paul, when will you be ready for another Hinode ride? If it doesn't rain to much we will be hitting Hinode Sunday. If it rains we plan on riding Baigo then heading to the post office box. This is a similar ride to the one Matt and you went on when you rode your Ti bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.