Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan17 View Post
    Has anyone done any riding down near Uljin? I'm currently talking to a school about possibly working there and am wondering what the riding would be like.
    Considering the terrain there, especially the east coast, if you can't find good trails you aren't looking. My very limited experience indicates you often times wind up riding the hiking trails - not very fun going up, but a blast coming down. From a trailbuilder's perspective S Korea would be a dream location with it being 70+% uplands and mountains, the hero dirt plus the rocks would make it ideal for building purpose-built MTB trails.

Doing some basic Google Earth exploration of the area I see a few trails in the mountains, that's always a great way to find potential trails, especially those trails that ppl will not talk about. You can also try some Strava stalking to find people riding the area - see several road rides in the area. You can stalk Strava users from the area and ask them as well. Finally, find the local bike shops that sell MTBs and ask them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out google earth and strava and the lbs when I get there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Yayyyy thread resurrection.

Anyone there now? I'll be heading there in a couple months, looking to start riding once the snow melts around Songtan/Pyeongtaek area. Willing to travel on weekends though, need new stuff to keep me satisfied. As much about exploring as riding for me

mtbr member
    You can join the "MTB - Korea (MTBK)" group on facebook, people make frequent posts for group rides down in that general area and if you're military, there are quite a few USFK guys who go out regularly.

Slightly north of Songtan/Pyeongtaek, in Bundang, there is a really regular riding scene. I see the posts on Facebook, but I do more long distance endurance road and path riding these days on a dropbar adventure bike, so I don't really get into the hills--on a bike--much these days.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by PDKL45 View Post
    You can join the "MTB - Korea (MTBK)" group on facebook, people make frequent posts for group rides down in that general area and if you're military, there are quite a few USFK guys who go out regularly.

Slightly north of Songtan/Pyeongtaek, in Bundang, there is a really regular riding scene. I see the posts on Facebook, but I do more long distance endurance road and path riding these days on a dropbar adventure bike, so I don't really get into the hills--on a bike--much these days.
    Awesome, joined there. I'm mostly looking for adventure stuff, I want to get out and get on top of mountains/hills or anywhere scenic to get landscape photos and drone shots. I do enjoy riding trails where that doesn't happen also though, about half and half for me.

Now that I think about it, maybe a damn moped is better suited to me....lol. I know, I know, blasphemy! But I still want to get out and ride the MTB.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I am now in the ROK, waiting on my bike. There are a few groups on Facebook for the guys in the country here, and there are a couple bike parks. Still waiting on my bike to get delivered unfortunately, but there is apparently some good stuff out there.

mtbr member
    Welcome to Korea. What sort of bike do you ride? If you are into randonneuring/Adaux there are still places available in some of the 200km brevets in Chonan.

Otherwise, Pio's bike shop is down your way if you're into AM/Dirt/Freeride and there are regular trail rides in Bundang.

I am currently into endurance road riding, pulling 100km rides in preparation for brevets and permanents later this year. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to do any of that style riding--lots of kms at a time on the bike path network and secondary country roads.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by PDKL45 View Post
    Welcome to Korea. What sort of bike do you ride? If you are into randonneuring/Adaux there are still places available in some of the 200km brevets in Chonan.

Otherwise, Pio's bike shop is down your way if you're into AM/Dirt/Freeride and there are regular trail rides in Bundang.

I am currently into endurance road riding, pulling 100km rides in preparation for brevets and permanents later this year. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to do any of that style riding--lots of kms at a time on the bike path network and secondary country roads.
    I appreciate the offer, but that honestly sounds terrible to me lol. I mean I respect 100km ride, I just can't do it. I've got like 30km MTB rides in me right now. I'm into MTB, I've seen they have some parks around here which is cool. I heard about Pio's, I need to visit the place. I'm on a Diamondback Recoil Comp right now, but hoping to upgrade to some enduro bike like a YT Capra or Canyon Strive or the like sometime this year. I'm still fairly new to MTB, and haven't even received my bike from shipping yet, but I'll start with general trail/AM for the first couple months here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I've started a Strava group called "MTBK", so anyone interested can get on there and scope out some trails.

I still haven't been able to ride, but did just get a Canyon Strive, so I'll be out soon!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Got my bike, been out riding around. There's actually some pretty good riding around here. I've been trying to add more trails on Trailforks, I've become a regional admin for Gyeonggi-do so that helps out. I still have a ways to go, there are lots out there! https://www.trailforks.com/trails/ma...8&m=trailforks

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Photo proof of good stuff:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12