Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Philippines!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    who's from dallas fort worth area? me and buddies just started mtb'ng. we would like to meet you guys.

mtbr member
    Mga kabayan ang gaganda ng trails na pinupuntahan nyo dyan. Kapagnakauwi ako baka pwede sumama

Invite ko kayo to post yung MTB photos and videos nyo sa www.unitedadobo.com global online community din for mountain bikers

From Los Angeles, CA nga pala ako, baka meron dito from LA lets ride together may ride kami weekly.
    Xandei
    UnitedAdobo.com
    Mountain Bikers Online

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Illinois

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    where do you ride??? I'm from Los Angeles too...PM me. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schumi
    where do you ride??? I'm from Los Angeles too...PM me. Thanks.
    We ride Topanga State Park, Santa Monica Mountains, Pt. Mugu, San Gabrielle Mountains, etc. check out our ride calendar at http://www.unitedadobo.com
    Xandei
    UnitedAdobo.com
    Mountain Bikers Online

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    The LBS in the pics is Sabak sports & Adventure

... They distribute bikes like titus and elsworth dito sa pinas... they bring in a lot of stuff too that make us MTB enthusiast here in Pinas updated specially from Interbike... They are also responsible in discovering trails in Sta rosa Laguna/Cavite and some areas in Tagaytay...
    We do all mountain type of biking, here some XC and a touch of DH... In tagaytay there are several trails for dH
    where is this bike store located at. ill be coming home in aug. i d like to visit this place when i get home. ty

mtbr member
    Last hope you guys enjoy it... the next episode will be baguio

" width="549">

The Drill Sargeant trying to figure wherelse to ride

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">
    nice views nice bikes... any technical trail and jumps?

mtbr member

Smile

Riding in Baguio is really fulfilling... lots and lots and lots of climb... and lots and lots and lots of descents overall rating for the Sabak baguio ride ... and thanks to the sabak mates for arranging this splendid ride!! Kartman your D'MAN special thanks to Boy for the chow

some pictures of the ride...

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">
    damn nice trails ... why u huys walk it? u guys could bombed this trail going down.

mtbr member

Bike rental sa Tagaytay/Batangas/Santa Rosa

Kamusta mga kabayan!

Vacation sa Pinas sa Pasko, yehey! Sa bandang Santa Rosa kami lulugar, at gusto sanang maki-ride sa mga trails. Siguro paikot ng Taal, may trail ba doon?

Meron kayong referral para sa mountain bike rental?

Salamat in advance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    kabayan,

Sabak bike shop is located in Santa Rosa. Nice LBS and they have good selections of mountain bikes. Give them a call and you could ride with them. They have trail rides, i think 3 days a week. They are excellent riders and they will take you to different trails around Santa Rosa and Tagaytay. The Holy trail is the best in Tagaytay...i don't if that trail still exist. But the tail will start at Tagaytay market then it goes down all the way down to Taal lake. You need to shuttle once you reach Taal lake or do it as epic loop trail
    ride.

Goodluck and take care

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Question's mga kabayan..

Have any of you ever shipped a bike frame from US..(CA) to Philippines?.. How can i do this... Im sending my brother in law couple of frames... pls help... thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slugster
    Question's mga kabayan..

Have any of you ever shipped a bike frame from US..(CA) to Philippines?.. How can i do this... Im sending my brother in law couple of frames... pls help... thanks
    If it's a small frame or a dualie (that can be disassembled), try a balikbayan box...

mtbr member
    Johnny Air Cargo. I've done it several times. That is the only way to send your bike stuff safe and fast.
    Mid Drive is the future of e-cargo bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
    Johnny Air Cargo. I've done it several times. That is the only way to send your bike stuff safe and fast.
    thanks.. ill try that...

≈ > ♥
    I'm heading to Dumaguete/Dauin area.

Any decent trails in the area?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    HI,

I just want to share our ride in one of the best trails near Metro Manila, The Sta. Ines Trails in Tanay Rizal:

20+ River Crossings (One Way) and Magnificent Falls at the End!! We started at 9:30 am and we reached the falls at 2:30 pm, we rode back at 3:30 and we reached the trail head at 7pm! The trail is called Sta. Ines Trails, it is in Tanay Rizal, around only 25kms from Marikina City, Metro Manila.

http://charlesnulud.multiply.com/photos/album/10#

Regards,
    Charles
    2008 Epiphany
    2008 Moment
    2007 Motolite
    2006 Anthem
    2005 Hard Rock Sport

mtbr member
    Kala nyo kayo lang? Eto ang mga walang magawa sa Sta Rosa Platuea "The Testosterone challenge" SOCAL just off I15. Eto yung home track namin + simple conditioning track sa Diamond Valley (pics to come..lentok na camera alang battery)
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Great thread -- I am a eastern US based Pinoy, frame builder and long time bike racer. I am hopefully going to travel there late 2010 to visit family, mostly in Baguio. I am really psyched to see such a good scene -- cannot wait to check you guys out!

Jay de Jesus
    EWR Bikes, LLC.
    www.ewrbikes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by D3RF
    My mom is from Panay, a few hours drive out of Iloilo up in the mountains. If I we ever go back to visit relatives, what i wouldn't give to bring my mtb with me...
    Ay abaw kamusta na lang ako kay nanay mo, 'To!

Greetings from a fellow Ilonggo. Either she's from the south central towns or the northern part of Iloilo. Nice hiking trails (save for the occassional encounter with the NPA).

Sadly to expensive to haul our rig back home with the ridiculous excess baggage prices! I am thinking of sending most of my bike by Balikbayanbox and bring the frame/ fork along as a checked in baggage next time.

mtbr member
    Yo mga kababayan... SJ and I will be home in Feb for 3 weeks (staying in Marikina). Are there any new trails that we should try? We'll be doing the usual La Mesa and Shotgun/Maarat loops but are there any new trails (I haven't tried the Fort yet) that are a must do?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Couple of video clips from Sagada, Mt Province, posted to YouTube by a friend who visits now and then... might call it a "must do", long trip but worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSl-p_dyVkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKTvzwqYfA

mtbr member
    here are some of the recent pics...just to share
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Philippines!-pict1421.jpg  

Philippines!-img00049-20091219-1039.jpg  

Philippines!-crash-landing-1-12.jpg  

Philippines!-view-17.jpg  

Philippines!-235.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I just want to confirm. Someone mentioned Johnny Air. What's the best way to get a bike to the PI? Bike box, then ship via Johnny Air? LBC? What's the charge/fee? Has anyone tried taking it on a plane? I'm moving back to the PI soon and I wanted to get some info on this. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I was quoted for 200 from east coast to visayas by Forex for a 48x18x10 box (frame and other disassembled parts).

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulated_conundrum
    I was quoted for 200 from east coast to visayas by Forex for a 48x18x10 box (frame and other disassembled parts).

Cool! Thanks! I appreciate it! Was there a weight limit?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

From El Paso, Texas

Kalak,

I'm from El Paso, Texas...i rode some of your trails aready. My GF has families in Wylie and Carrolton. I always hit Rowlett and Grapevine whenever I visit Dallas. I've been to Cedar Hill, Johnson State park, Mc Kinney state park and St Jo trail. My GF's brother-in- law rides MTB also and he hits Rowlett creek all the time.

I'll be in Dallas this weekend and will try to ride Grapevine. PM me if you want to ride this Saturday.

Red (pinoy din)

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kalak
    who's from dallas fort worth area? me and buddies just started mtb'ng. we would like to meet you guys.
    I'm from DFW area I usually ride Northshore, OCP and RCP. PM me if you guys want to ride when the trails dried up. With all the snow we had it might take awhile.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

DFW rides

Takenbybikes,

I was in Dallas last week and your city got hit by snow blizzards. BRRR.

I'm from El Paso, Texas and do rides your trail whenever i'm in Dallas. I hit RCP and
    Northshore always...very nice trails. Where is OCP trail located at? I have a friend in Wylie and he rides RCP always since he is about 9 miles away from that trail. PM me and i'll give you his phone number. I told him about you and he is glad to have a friend to ride with.

We are planning to ride the Arkansas Womble trail this Memorial day...that will be the Memorial weekend. DORBA is the one sponsoring the MTB camp tour that weekend and
    we might join them. Womble trail is all singletrack about 39 miles one way and located inside a forest national park.

Akazan

mtbr member

quiet around here, hoy gising!!!

my buddy Boni tipping it up in Carlmont - Belmont, CA

mtbr member
    May 2008
    El Bonifacio!!!.. good stuff pare'..we riding this weekend?...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Bit of singketrack in the Cordillera mountains, in north Luzon... high altitude, cool temperatures. Some is smooth and flowy, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5wqfgN8Ro8

Some a bit more technical, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/garambol.../1/NU28uLq_x3I

mtbr member

any other pinoy forum

Mga kabayans,

any other forums other than pmtb.org or philmofo?they banned me @pmtb and i miss reading stories from oue fellow pinoys!Or if possible,how can i be reinstated?thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dayuhan
    Bit of singketrack in the Cordillera mountains, in north Luzon... high altitude, cool temperatures. Some is smooth and flowy, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5wqfgN8Ro8

Some a bit more technical, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/garambol.../1/NU28uLq_x3I
    its nice to see some technical trails in the philippines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justbuster69
    Mga kabayans,

any other forums other than pmtb.org or philmofo?they banned me @pmtb and i miss reading stories from oue fellow pinoys!Or if possible,how can i be reinstated?thanks

PMTB I can understand as they are quite strict there but you must have done something really bad to be banned at Philmofo. There are others but they don't enjoy the traffic of the two mentioned above. Sometimes weeks pass before a thread or post comes up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lexvil
    PMTB I can understand as they are quite strict there but you must have done something really bad to be banned at Philmofo. There are others but they don't enjoy the traffic of the two mentioned above. Sometimes weeks pass before a thread or post comes up.
    i wanst banned at philmofo just in pmtb

:\ ping of death
    Hoy! Tisoy dito taga Las Vegas! Mabuhay mga kababayan ko!

What the hell is an aluminum falcon?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    hello mga Kabayans!
    Join Philippine Bikers Forum - login using your Facebook account

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm stationed in Korea and looking to escape this cold for like 7-10 days and go riding in the Philippines. Where are some good/less expensive places to hit up with some good riding?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sodatab
    I'm stationed in Korea and looking to escape this cold for like 7-10 days and go riding in the Philippines. Where are some good/less expensive places to hit up with some good riding?
    Depends on where in the Philippines you are. Check out the pmtb forum for ideas and info.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Well. I'm just planning the vacation. So I can go ANYWHERE really. Just lookin for suggestions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    anyone here tried buying frames from the states and shipped it via johnny air or any other means?

Im thinking of buying a niner rip9 from jenson and ship it back here. No idea how much the costs be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It will cost you around $200. Depending on the overall size of the box.

mtbr member
    nice trail... WOW!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just a question, is it much cheaper to buy FS bikes in the Philippines?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freebie_10 View Post
    Just a question, is it much cheaper to buy FS bikes in the Philippines?
    No. They're actually marked up compared to bikes in the States. They do sell very cheap hardtails in Quiapo, but they're relatively heavy.

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    No. They're actually marked up compared to bikes in the States. They do sell very cheap hardtails in Quiapo, but they're relatively heavy.
    I beg to disagree. If you do your research, you can get genuine FS bikes in RP at prices equivalent to US SRPs, if not cheaper. If ever there is a mark up, it wouldn't be too much (as low as a couple thousand pesos).
    Geographically, we are just a stone's throw away from where most of the bikes are built/assembled (Taiwan).
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by r1Gel View Post
    I beg to disagree. If you do your research, you can get genuine FS bikes in RP at prices equivalent to US SRPs, if not cheaper. If ever there is a mark up, it wouldn't be too much (as low as a couple thousand pesos).
    Geographically, we are just a stone's throw away from where most of the bikes are built/assembled (Taiwan).
    I stand corrected, then. That was just an observation from looking at frames for sale at Quiapo and Cartimar (and forget about getting sticker-shocked at the Fort). In 2010, a Blur LT frame was priced at 103,000 pesos when they were going for $1800 here during the same period, and even went as low as $900 through Chainlove. I'd love to see these deals, maybe you can show me around next time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    where can I buy 661 recon helmet in the Philippines?

mtbr member
    quiapo has them..just stroll around the shops there

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    you can also try scouring cartimar. saw a lot of them there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Paging Ricky Montelibano...

Hit me up via pm if you are on here, or kung pede paki pm naman saki email ni Ricky if any of you guys know him.

Thanks,

Rex
    (nrsrex, trance..., r3xnvb)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234