Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Philippines!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

No DH for Schumi

that's cool all type of riding is good as long as your out there riding...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Sorry Schumi...

Schumi,

Big opps..I thought you are talking about the trails around LA area. I'll
    PM or e-mail you if i'm around, i love 2X also and haven't tried any trails around
    San Gabriel Area. I have a sister in Eagle Rock and i can drive around if i need to hook up with you.
    My favorite trail around LA area is San Juan trail...too bad that my MTB friend moved to Dallas,Texas. But it happened also that Dallas has alot of MTB friendly trails, I'm a frequent visitor now and we hit 3 different trails; Rowlett creek, Cedar hill and Cleburne. All
    singletrack, but different type of riding than my local trails. Tight and twisty, so many switchbacks along the trees, but no contant climbs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Keystone & Vail Resorts

I'll be in Keystone and Vail this week, anyone from CO area? I'd like to hook up with locals and meet new Filipino mtbikers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

no need to say sorry akazan

that's ok akazan...no biggie. just lemme know when u'r in the area, eagle rock is just a stone throw away to SGM,,,in fact that's around 10mins drive compare to my area which is in the west side of LA, close to half an hour drive on weekend mornings and 1hr drive during workweek/rush hour.

i know some trails that we went last time (my bike was setup on XC before) in Arcadia (probably you've heard this town) that it has a constant climb of around 5miles(8km) up (5-10% grade)...a'la tour de france climb and down with bunch of singletracks (even with some scary exposures). i hope i can ride with you eventhough my bike is setup for AM,,,close to 33lbs now, it's still climbable at slow pace. check this website http://ronbigelow.com/Outings/Trails...ll/merrill.htm,,,his website is very useful, some of the places here in SGM that we went were based in this creative website.

well...to much for the topic,,,let's just ride when u get here. just PM me or send me an email. have fun guys,,,and i hope i can ride with the guys in PI. happy trails!!!

Veni Vidi Vici

Sabak Baguio ride

Riding in Baguio is really fulfilling... lots and lots and lots of climb... and lots and lots and lots of descents overall rating for the Sabak baguio ride ... and thanks to the sabak mates for arranging this splendid ride!! Kartman your D'MAN special thanks to Boy for the chow

some pictures of the ride...

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    some more baguio trail pics with the Sabak crew

Boy the dude responsible for the Chow

" width="549">

Raoul aka Kartman! the dude that hooked us up for this ride

" width="549">

First casualty... D vampire teddy

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    some more pics..

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

D' sabak Crew

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Last pics hope you enjoy the pics

" width="549">

" width="549">

Chow time

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

mtbr member
    check out these two bicycling forums in the Philippines:

http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi

www.cebucycling.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

anyone from around bacolod

planning to visit after 4 years just want to know of trails around bacolod.

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by dromayn
    planning to visit after 4 years just want to know of trails around bacolod.
    My friends where able to ride there 2 years ago, and they said that there are lots of good trails there... and outside, Manila, Bacolod is the place with many very active MTBers... I will try to ask what the places you can ride in Bacolod

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    My friends where able to ride there 2 years ago, and they said that there are lots of good trails there... and outside, Manila, Bacolod is the place with many very active MTBers... I will try to ask what the places you can ride in Bacolod

thanks barelylegal. i am more into singletrack, i hope that their are a bunch of them out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Some pics from Sagada, our little corner of the Philippines...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    nice, nice, nice, pics,trails and bikes, back in the day, we only had a choice between patria and kairuz, the later being better of the two, no trails to speak of but a wide open
    lot wherein either a herd of carabaos or a pack of dogs would chase after us. also, we would trek to sagada for something other than mt biking.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Bikers from Sacramento,CA

Musta na mga pare,we're from Cebu,we ride a lot here in Forest Hills,Auburn,salmon Falls,lots of places.Check this video out from Flume Trail South Lake Tahoe<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzBYw5Z3ARU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzBYw5Z3ARU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>m

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hello guys pilipino po dito sa sacramento ca

Ang galing nama Carding Im local in sacramento from Quezon provice ph . maybe I ca join you guys looks fun. i rode salmon falls 2x this year but mostly foresthill in auburn.

sweet a Forum for pinoys that what i need.

mtbr member

Smile Shouting out to the Sabak Boys

Hey guys, just to let you know that Mirjam and I are still riding, with the two little boogers even!

Missing the Santa Rosa single track and all of you.

Darius
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hey Darius ! Just got home from riding the trails, and ready to do jack **** for the rest of the afternoon . Riding is pretty much still the same , Reverse Palace and Pina's for Goto and the coffee trail back . Nice to see you guys havin a blast ! The little ones are not so little anymore . I ordered a Wee Ride Kangaroo seat on Ebay , so I can take my baby girl on the bike ( eventually to the trail if Nikki does'nt forbid it ). Maybe you should get one of those since it is mounted in the front , then you can bring both kids with you on the bike , am sure you will get stronger doing so ( like Rocky IV training) .

Good to hear from you again and Happy Thanksgiving ! ( Hmmm are'nt you Canadian ? do Canadians have thanksgiving ? )

Warm Regards ,

Leo

Veni Vidi Vici
    Ey darius, good to hear from you... glad that you are riding there together with miriam and the kids... You seem to lost weight ... hope to see you soon buddy!

Tyrone

mtbr member
    Hey Leo! wife is sort of Canadian, but worse yet, she is vegetarian! So I cooked a turkey and she cooked a blob of tofu for Thanksgiving. Excited for your baby girl. She will be running your household soon if not already. Mine is almost four and firmly in charge. She has her own bike now with training wheels but is pretty timid about taking it out for a spin. Give my regards to the gang. I'll try to put to some pix up of a great network of purpose-built singletrack in a local park near here. The land was allocated to a local club just for bike trails, and they rock. Apart from that one spot, though, the riding here is really tame.

mtbr member
    I'm trying to gauge interest from Pinoy riders about getting together for a long weekend (or maybe a week) of riding in Moab/Fruita next year. Either early Fall or very late Spring. It will be fun epic riding, Filipino and American food and if somebody can bring San Mig, it will be complete...
    If I put something together, will ya'll want to do it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Pinoy MTBr's:ge together

Flipnidaho,

I'm in...been to Moab twice but never seen Fruita yet. I heard alot of good riding stories about the trails in Fruita and it's time to see it. You have to plan it and give us the time frame. I'm excited...

Akazan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akazan
    Flipnidaho,

I'm in...been to Moab twice but never seen Fruita yet. I heard alot of good riding stories about the trails in Fruita and it's time to see it. You have to plan it and give us the time frame. I'm excited...

Akazan
    What about March or April 2008?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Get together

Flipnidaho,

I think March or April will still be cold...some parts of Moab and Fruita will
    still have some snow. How about May or June? Kids are out and much better for
    the whole family.

Akazan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akazan
    Flipnidaho,

I think March or April will still be cold...some parts of Moab and Fruita will
    still have some snow. How about May or June? Kids are out and much better for
    the whole family.

Akazan
    Hey Akazan,
    We've been in Moab the past 5 years around Spring Break and have had great luck with weather (we go every month from October to May every year). We can't do May since we'll be in the PI for that month and June will be hot down there...
    Let me know what you think...
    G

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Nasa Manila ako ngayong Pasko. Ano ba ang magandang (at murang) bilin diyan? Maganda ba ang quality nang mga cycling jersey at mga damit? Nakita ko na quaity nung mga shorts. Di ko masyado-type. Mas-mahal ba ang mga components dito sa US - gaya nang pedal, saddle, etc - kaysa diyan?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spidron
    Nasa Manila ako ngayong Pasko. Ano ba ang magandang (at murang) bilin diyan? Maganda ba ang quality nang mga cycling jersey at mga damit? Nakita ko na quaity nung mga shorts. Di ko masyado-type. Mas-mahal ba ang mga components dito sa US - gaya nang pedal, saddle, etc - kaysa diyan?
    US made items are more expensive in the PI (like frames, some forks like Fox or White Brothers, etc...).
    Most other items that are made in the Far East are less expensive in the PI.
    You have a lot of choices in locally made cycling clothing that vary in quality. Your best bet would be to visit a few shops that cater to high end stuff (like All Terra in Libis) and check out their stuff...

Castrón BTT Crew
    Hi guys!!!
    nice pics! It looks like our green mountains in summer, wet, sooooo wet and hot!

greetings from CastronBtt crew.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Pinoy get together

Flipnidaho,

April seems a good month. I think spring is a good time in Moab or Fruita, it's not too cold
    and you can go for a long epic ride.

Akazan

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    US made items are more expensive in the PI (like frames, some forks like Fox or White Brothers, etc...).
    Most other items that are made in the Far East are less expensive in the PI.
    You have a lot of choices in locally made cycling clothing that vary in quality. Your best bet would be to visit a few shops that cater to high end stuff (like All Terra in Libis) and check out their stuff...
    All Terra in Libis. Cool. Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out. Figured I'm getting clothing. Don't want to worry about weight. Thanks again!

mtbr member
    The date has been set. The Moab Flip Tribe Gathering will be the week of March 17th 2008. Mark your calendars and let me know if you can make it! All kinds of bikers are welcome. XC, All Mountain, SS, rigid, hardtail, daulie it doesn't matter...

rj2
    mtbr member

Looking to ride in PI

I'll be in Metro Manila and Marineduque from February 1 to 22. I won't be bringing any gear and would need to rent. Medium frame, 44.5 shoe, etc.

Salamat
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    March 16th to the 22nd 2008!!!

I've been checking out Moab house rental rates and if we get 8 people in the same house, we can collectively end up paying between $35 to $50 per person which is relatively inexpensive compared to the typical $100 per night hotel room. Plus we can save by cooking at home!
    I also sent an invite to Francois, mtbr.com founder so we'll see if he can make it as well...
    As usual, all riders and non flips of every ability are welcome (although a love of Filipino food is a must)..
    Before I reserve a house, I will probably need some commitments to who can make it so we can determine the size of the house/condo by the end of this month, start of Feb...
    To whet your appetite, here are some 2007 Moab pictures...

TranceX Rider
    Hi! Gary, two days more to go til The Moab Flip Tribe Gathering! I know this would be flooded again with photos!

Have a great time, guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onie
    Hi! Gary, two days more to go til The Moab Flip Tribe Gathering! Have a great time, guys!
    Thanks dude... We're packing as we speak/type... If anyone is down there, PM me to hook up for a ride or two or three...

Veni Vidi Vici
    Thanks dude... We're packing as we speak/type... If anyone is down there, PM me to hook up for a ride or two or three...
    Good luck and ride safe guys!!

JDOM for life
    I heard that this company was owned by Filipinos based in the US, was suprised that the owners are active here in MTBR. More power and good luck on the business. Are you coming out with a mountain bike?

Vellum... Great comfy, light bike...
    http://www.vellumcycles.com/

mtbr member
    My blog for 2008's visit and riding... Enjoy...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/blog.php?do=showjournal&j=322

mtbr member
    May 2008
    nice pictures.... Man I miss PI

mtbr member
    May 2004

thanks for sharing

great photos on your blog, Gary. enjoyed them.

I gotta make it back soon.

-Bo

Dugong Alah eh
    May 2008
    very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
    Where in Sta. Rosa, Laguna is that MTB trail ? Have a house in San Lorenzo,
    but never been home for 13yrs. planing to go home next month, want to hook up with local mtb riders.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by garcied
    very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
    Where in Sta. Rosa, Laguna is that MTB trail ? Have a house in San Lorenzo,
    but never been home for 13yrs. planing to go home next month, want to hook up with local mtb riders.
    There is a bike shop SABAK in the Paseo mall its along the Santa Rosa to Tagaytay road . The shop offers rentals and is a meeting place for riders usually around 7 am Tue Thu and Weekends.

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydg
    There is a bike shop SABAK in the Paseo mall its along the Santa Rosa to Tagaytay road . The shop offers rentals and is a meeting place for riders usually around 7 am Tue Thu and Weekends.
    Jaydg, joinin the race this weekend?

Dugong Alah eh
    May 2008
    Thanks jaydg,

mtbr member
    Awesome pics...I'm jealous...

mtbr member
    wow! nice pictures & i enjoyed viewing these stuffs! btw i'm newbie in this fourm & in mtn biking too!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Father and son mtb wales uk.

I would like to share some pics to my KABABAYAN from the UK.

mtbr member
    Nice! Looks cold...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    you bet!, always raining! but the trails are first class. Where r u in US?, my dad lives in new jersey. Not bad for a 60 yr old?

mtbr member
    quick light trail with my '08 khs-fs..

backroad

farmroad

at home after the trail

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast