Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines!

Veni Vidi Vici
    No worries buddy, di naman, specially in our trails in Sta Rosa Laguna/Silang Cavite na very friendly mga tao, we feel very secured, specially people there look forward to seeing celebrities/Professional sports personalities who rides there.... and medyo double security lang at home like putting chain locks and securing the garage door. Very rare naman ang bike na nananakaw dito sa atin...

Quote Originally Posted by zackde
    ok sory medyo magulo, di ba nakakatakaot ganyan mahal na bike sa pinas na baka manakaw? what are your security measures?

Veni Vidi Vici
    condolence bro

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    A friend of mine and a Filipino mountain biker in Boise, ID died this past weekend while riding his bike in the Cycle Idaho tour. He will be missed greatly on mtbr and the local riding scene.

Nick is gone

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    again sa pamilya ni Belayslave condolence po...

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoymtb
    again sa pamilya ni Belayslave condolence po...
    is Nick Belayslave from PMTB?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    no info bro..

Veni Vidi Vici

Typical riding day in the Philippines

I just would like to share some Pictures how a typical riding day goes in the Philippines.... I was with the group of riders.. SABAK BOYS ... they are the ones who discovered most of the trails in Santa Rosa, Silang Cavite and Tagaytay some 11 years ago... It is always a blast riding with them... Never to worry about some minor or even major repairs of bike while in the trail... they will have some special tools and damn.. they have der hangers available ... We went the other side goin to Palace in the Sky now popularly known as Reverse Palace ( this was discovered by John and Ricky sometime November 2006 while training for a race).. This epic ride have some great views that we would like to share with our kababayans....

To the destination

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    waiting for the others before we climb the 1200 meter in 12 kilometers

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    some trail shots going to the top

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Some more action pics

" width="549">

" width="549">

this looks just an ordinary fireroad in the pics.. but in person it is quite a climb

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Some more pics

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    The Boys after the long climb

" width="549">

" width="549">

some pics of the locals in the Gotohan going down to Sta Rosa..

" width="549">

the Guru (Ricky) going down from palace in the Sky

" width="549">

Hope you guys enjoy the pics

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    what does the singletrack look like???
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    May 2007

hey

mga idol! im new 2 biking and i got a downhill bike... could you recommend beginner trails 4 me? yung hindi technical and madali na hindi na papadyakan. hehe thanks im from makati btw..

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    what does the singletrack look like???
    I do not have pics of the technical singletrack but the basic ones are like these....

" width="549">

" width="549">

This trail is in Silang Cavite, known as Douglas trail, Named after the first two people who discovered it, Dougy( Teddy) and Jolas ( former PBA star player)

Veni Vidi Vici
    this one is the Mango trail.. now closed, and hoping it will be opened again for Bikers

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    This one is Liliput... named after Tony B (bastos)... because inside the trails there are obstacles of Coffe trees and tall guys have a hard time speeding because they might bump their heads... and Tony B is the fastest in this trail because of his height

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by gardov
    mga idol! im new 2 biking and i got a downhill bike... could you recommend beginner trails 4 me? yung hindi technical and madali na hindi na papadyakan. hehe thanks im from makati btw..
    There are various trails in Sta Rosa, composed technical and easy trails... you can go to Paseo and from there you will see friendly mtbikers in the parking lot, and you can hook up with them for sure

mtbr member

Great to see you guys!

Well, as a former gringo Sabak rider recently relocated back to the USA, all I can say is I miss the riding, and I miss my friends. Suburban DC hell just doesn't have anything close to the single track within 20 minutes of Manila. Who'd of thunk it???? So to all the folks - Ricky, Tony, Tony, Anthony, Boy, Gini, Tyrone, Teddy, and all the rest - greetings from USA and do come visit. We got spare rooms for you, and crappy riding.

Darius

mtbr member
    May 2007
    wow thanks man. can't wait to ride this weekend. hehe

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by uberclyde
    Well, as a former gringo Sabak rider recently relocated back to the USA, all I can say is I miss the riding, and I miss my friends. Suburban DC hell just doesn't have anything close to the single track within 20 minutes of Manila. Who'd of thunk it???? So to all the folks - Ricky, Tony, Tony, Anthony, Boy, Gini, Tyrone, Teddy, and all the rest - greetings from USA and do come visit. We got spare rooms for you, and crappy riding.

Darius
    Ey Darius! this is Tyrone, How is it going there my friend? hope everything is well on your side. Its indeed great to hear from you.. It has been raining here and we have been doing mostly reverse Palace ride for the recent weeks.... its good to hook up with you here in MTBR Yeah 20 minutes ride going to the trail is definitely a blast, isnt it? but in 2 years time were riding here again, arent we?.... for sure there will be trails that we have explored by then... lets keep in touch and I will send you my email... Please extend regards to Miriam from Me and Ginny... I will surely tell to the Sabak crew that we hooked up here in MTBR...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    BL,

Again nice pixs...i see familiar faces of the Sabak boys. Extend my regards. Tell Tom and Ricky, i'll see them in September for the Las Vegas bike event. Will you please ask Tom,
    how will be the fee to include me and Errol in their group in order to get the pass? Thanks
    again.

Akazan

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by akazan
    BL,

Again nice pixs...i see familiar faces of the Sabak boys. Extend my regards. Tell Tom and Ricky, i'll see them in September for the Las Vegas bike event. Will you please ask Tom,
    how will be the fee to include me and Errol in their group in order to get the pass? Thanks
    again.

Akazan
    Hi Akazan, thanks.. but its hard to take pictures while riding... I have to catch up all the time ... I will relay your message to them later... there are new shipments of El guapo and Motolite that arrived today and I will go there make my self crave

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hey tyrone, sipag mo mag computer ! I might ride Sunday - Leo

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydg
    he he he...eto ginagawa ko pag miss ko mag ride ...See you on Sunday

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    eto chong , my favorite video to get me excited to ride pag nasa office ako. medyo Old school lang

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnay_videoxdsl

Veni Vidi Vici
    eto chong , my favorite video to get me excited to ride pag nasa office ako. medyo Old school lang

AWESOME!! thanks chong for sharing... it will make you excited talaga if you watch it ... kaya pala lakas mo nung sabado sa reverse.. iniwan mo kami lahat Now I need to get copy of your videos

Veni Vidi Vici

Corregidor Ride

Mga kababayan, just would like to share some pics of our crew in corregidor island last weekend.. maybe you guys can try it too This trip was arranged by Sabak Sports and Adventure Crew...

" width="549"> this historic ride too.

" width="549">

" width="549">
    Last edited by barelylegal; 07-30-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Veni Vidi Vici
    some more pics

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Some more pics....

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Last.. hope you guys enjoyed viewing it

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

JDOM for life
    That's why liliput! hahahaha tamang tama nga kay Toby B yung trail!!! hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    This one is Liliput... named after Tony B (bastos)... because inside the trails there are obstacles of Coffe trees and tall guys have a hard time speeding because they might bump their heads... and Tony B is the fastest in this trail because of his height

" width="549">
    Last edited by bakalboy; 08-03-2007 at 12:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Hi Y'all,
    I'll be in the PI for a few weeks this X-Mas and we're looking for a nice resort in Palawan with good snorkeling and a nice beach. El Nido or Coron area would be preferrable. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Gary

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    El Nido Lagen resort would be a better choice since it is more mainstream , you have a good resort and pretty good beach with facilities and a nice snorkelling area in front of the resort . Coron is more of a scuba diver's destination due to the wreck diving sites , and not much going for it in terms of postcard type beaches .

Boracay would be good option but come December it can be too jam packed , Alona beach in Bohol is a nice stretch of white beach with a few good resorts but not as commercial as Bora

Veni Vidi Vici

Calatagan Sabak Ride

Another beautiful place to ride in the Philippines... hope you guys enjoy! another ride with the Sabak Crew

The Sabak Crew

" width="549">

reaching for the top

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Some of the corn plantations

" width="549">

Me going for a break

" width="549">

The Guru raising his race bike D' Titus eleven

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    More shots of the Sabak wrecking crew

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    More shots from the Calatagan ride

" width="549">

Chow time

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

Veni Vidi Vici
    Last hope you guys enjoy it... the next episode will be baguio

" width="549">

The Drill Sargeant trying to figure wherelse to ride

" width="549">

" width="549">

" width="549">

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

geographic infos

hey guys!!! mga kababayan!!!

i've been reading this thread quite some time already, i live here in SoCAL (Los Angeles). i hope you can help me too. i'm looking for some trails which is close to the San Gabriel Mountains here, climb around 10-20miles (16-32km) with elevation gain of around 3000' - 4000' and down to nice technical singletracks. will be going home (Pasig) for my much awaited vacation.

i hope you guys with better geographic info can help me. thanks guys!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

So Cal trails/San Gabriel are

Schumi,

I will recommend to do Strawberry trail, high above Angeles Park (?). I rode that trail 6 years ago, lots of climbing and majority are singletrack. Check out Chino Hills state park
    along Highway 60. Whiting Ranch along I-5. San Juan trail off I-5 also, that's 20 +miles
    of pure singletrack and once you reach the top...close your eyes and bomb down you go.
    Fullerton Loop, a nice inside the city mountain bike trail. I think it's just under 10 miles, but
    a good place to exercise. Fullerton Loop is along 60 also. Have you heard of Seven Sister trail? Another trail along I-5, very closed to Whiting Ranch (i forgot the name) and a park along Laguna beach (I forgot the name also), a driving distance possibly from your house.

I'm going to LA next month and i'll take my bike...let's hook up and ride Strawberry Trail.

PS-try to ride San Juan Trail, just singletrack and so many switchbacks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

the other way around

i'm pretty much familiar with the trails you mentioned,,,but my point is the other way around. trails in my beloved Philippine Islands, that's close to the San Gabriel Mountains that i normally ride. my wife's province is in Orion, Bataan and i'm focused on going at Mount Samat, anybody rode that area??? no "nice people around" (NPA) anymore, if yes are they friendly now???

how about trails in Olongapo area??? anybody??? just gonna concentrate in one region, for all we know, PI really got really nice trails that the entire MTB community is not aware of. enjoy the ride guys.

BTW, akazan...haven't been in that area for a while. i'm not sure if the trail is being maintained. the last time i went there was last year (Jan 07) up to josephine's peak, got into a bad fall 'cos of the icy trail. trail down to colby canyon (i think), which the singletrack got bunch of landslides, some hike a bike. PM or email me when you're in the area. thanks dude!!! happy trails!!!

mtbr member

MTB in Viva Las Vegas

If any of you Pinoys are visiting Vegas, BootLeg Canyon is alot of fun. Maraming trails from novice to expert to bike parks

- First pix (BootLeg1.JPG) is on my diamondback coil doing some laim jumps.
    - Anak ko in Red (BDRace1.JPG) on our 1st MTB race @ Blue Diamond Park.
    - If in Cider City, UT, try out Brain Head Ski Resort fro some DH fun (BrianHead1.JPG)
    - Just upgraded to an Iron Horse Hollowpoint (mk3_rt.JPG)

This Sat, we'll hit Mt. Charleston Ski Resort in North Las Vegas. Mabuhay ang MTB!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

nice pics

nice pics pareng balot, what would be a good trail for SS in vegas, i like to visit my relatives next year and ride the trail while we are there.. iam coming from sacramento. MABUHAY!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    bootleg canyon is the best place to go. you can find all sort of trails from DH, CC, and even for novice as what pareng balot said. you won't get lost, because of the big sign on the slope "BC". will be there again maybe next spring. i hope i'll be fit enough to climb and down to some of that technical singletracks.

mtbr member
    I would start @ BootLeg Canyon, lots of trails. Here's the ultimate ride my buddies did last week. Too bad I couldn't go:

Start doing "Mother" to "West Leg", to "Caldera" clockwise, up "Boy Scout", down "Girlscout", out "Middle Loop" to "Upper Loop" down to "Lower Loop" and then back out the "Middle Loop". They said that makes about 15 miles.

Mabuhay ang MTB!
    'Til death do we part :-)

Veni Vidi Vici
    Thanks for posting pics pareng balot, your loop seem to be cool to ride and at 15 miles (around 24 km ) that is a good work out as well... great to hear that MTB is exciting in your area

Quote Originally Posted by ParengBalot
    I would start @ BootLeg Canyon, lots of trails. Here's the ultimate ride my buddies did last week. Too bad I couldn't go:

Start doing "Mother" to "West Leg", to "Caldera" clockwise, up "Boy Scout", down "Girlscout", out "Middle Loop" to "Upper Loop" down to "Lower Loop" and then back out the "Middle Loop". They said that makes about 15 miles.

Mabuhay ang MTB!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hey Schumi,
    Hope you have a better luck findind trails and mtbikes to ride with when you visit home. I tried to get in touch with filipino mtbikers looking for good trails at home on this site but no luck. Anyhow, I was out in Ozamis City with a local downhiller and was able to ride his local trails almost 2 years ago. Here are some pics. I am coming back home again this January and will hook up with Renax from BIKE LAB, which is a freeride/dh shop in Cagayan De Oro. Fly to cagayan from Manila if you can and ride with this crew they do shuttles on weekends.

Pinoymr05
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

thanks for the link. VERY ILL

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

No DH run for me

sorry to say bro, i'm not a downhiller...i love trail riding (cardio baby!!!), climbing fire roads and look for some technical singletracks. got no plans to go home this year 'cos just got my baby las nov '06. '08 or '09 will be a good year though. i'm just planning ahead and put it into my agenda. i'll try to hook up with some local riders. but as of now, i'm just doing 2x a week ride because of some babysitting duties and household chores. currently riding locally at my favorite place, the San Gabriel Mountains. got bunch of local trails here and good singletracks down.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast