mtbr member
    May 2006

Hong Kong: What wheel size?

For the typical terrain inHong Kong, what are the locals riding?

I see 26" wheels everywhere. Where as in the USA, is next to impossible to find 26" bikes anymore.

For dh, 26 and 650 are fine, but how about for cross country rides like dragon back trail at shek o or lantau island? Will a 29" hardtail not be used to its full potnential? I m a very strong climber and former racer, and like bikes that rockets uphill.

Is it hard to get parts for 29ers and 650b/ or even plus bikes here? What are you guys riding out here?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    In Hong Kong all tyre sizes are well presented even thou the newer bikes sold are 27.5" and 29".
    Spares are at least easy to order.... most of the parts work for which ever wheel size.
    Hart tail are faster but many trails in HK are technical so full suspension easier for your body especially if you have a longer ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll View Post
    For the typical terrain inHong Kong, what are the locals riding?

I see 26" wheels everywhere. Where as in the USA, is next to impossible to find 26" bikes anymore.

For dh, 26 and 650 are fine, but how about for cross country rides like dragon back trail at shek o or lantau island? Will a 29" hardtail not be used to its full potnential? I m a very strong climber and former racer, and like bikes that rockets uphill.

Is it hard to get parts for 29ers and 650b/ or even plus bikes here? What are you guys riding out here?

Thanks
    I ride Dragon's back regularly. 26 definitely. Anything bigger than that u won't be able to make it through the tight turns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk