Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,846

    Zonies using Gravity Droppers...which should I get?

    Sup fellow zonies...what gravity droppers are you rocking and why?

    I'm looking to add one to my transition covert for some sweet all mountain shredding. Which do you prefer? Turbo vs. classic? 4 inch vs 3 inch vs 5 inch? down 1 or full down and up? The options are endless... I want to know why you chose the way you did and why? I ride national a bunch and love the techy rocky stuff! Help...thanx!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Classic Multi Position.
    Had the Turbo, it was ok.

    Multi is more useful IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  3. #3
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Sup fellow zonies...what gravity droppers are you rocking and why?

    I'm looking to add one to my transition covert for some sweet all mountain shredding. Which do you prefer? Turbo vs. classic? 4 inch vs 3 inch vs 5 inch? down 1 or full down and up? The options are endless... I want to know why you chose the way you did and why? I ride national a bunch and love the techy rocky stuff! Help...thanx!
    I'd say no to the Turbo is you cherish your anus... Just saying...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zonies using Gravity Droppers...which should I get?-dropper.jpg  


  4. #4
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,846
    yeah...I don't want that to happen. I like my anus. point taken.

  5. #5
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    yeah...I don't want that to happen. I like my anus. point taken.
    Just lower your seat.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Just lower your seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  7. #7
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    There's a reason you don't run one anymore right?
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  8. #8
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,846
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Just lower your seat.
    you clearly are missing the point...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    There's a reason you don't run one anymore right?
    I want the Multi Position Classic.

    Was not a fan of the Turbo. I only got that one because I found it cheap.

    Still a fan of the concept.

    You're not because you don't ride anything that requires you to drop your seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  10. #10
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,783
    I say money spent on an adjustable post is money well spent on a do-it-all bike. Having used several GDs, I find the Spec. Command Post to be a touch better in the operations department and way better aesthetically.

  11. #11
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You're not because you don't ride anything that requires you to drop your seat.
    Riding to pumptrack does not require a gravity dropper.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Riding to pumptrack does not require a gravity dropper.
    Try riding something other than your T100 loop and you'd understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  13. #13
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Try riding something other than your T100 loop and you'd understand.
    Been on more trails in and out of this state than you hombre.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Been on more trails in and out of this state than you hombre.
    And yet you still avoid the challenging trails in your backyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  15. #15
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    +1 for the Command Post. No complaints about it.

  16. #16
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    And yet you still avoid the challenging trails in your backyard.
    Fine I will ride the 25 yards of Hairball and backside of Shaw Butte when I get back so I can close the book on challenging trails in the valley cause every other one is done and done for me.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Fine I will ride the 25 yards of Hairball and backside of Shaw Butte when I get back so I can close the book on challenging trails in the valley cause every other one is done and done for me.
    You did Coast to Coast?
    I didn't think you rode South at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theGreenEGg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    412
    I have the GD Classic. 4" drop, full down and full up. Never used the multi position seat post but I think it might be a nice addition. I like the 4" drop and I think the 5" might be a bit much but maybe not.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759
    Dam, alot of bickering back and forth with AZdog and Kavu. Anyway Bob, the classic is the way to go. The cable can be ran cleaner on it other then the Turbo which needs to go in pointing to the rear. The Turbo would need a rollamajig so it won't hit the tire aswell. I have a 2" and 4" drop on mine, which is a special order. Its no biggie bumbing the seat on a classic to get it to come up. I'm sure Enel will tell ya differently since he has like 7 Turbo's . I have a contact that could get ya a smoking deal.
    JRA

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Dam, alot of bickering back and forth with AZdog and Kavu. Anyway Bob, the classic is the way to go. The cable can be ran cleaner on it other then the Turbo which needs to go in pointing to the rear. The Turbo would need a rollamajig so it won't hit the tire aswell. I have a 2" and 4" drop on mine, which is a special order. Its no biggie bumbing the seat on a classic to get it to come up. I'm sure Enel will tell ya differently since he has like 7 Turbo's . I have a contact that could get ya a smoking deal.
    He started it.

    I tried DooDooBoi's classic and I dig it more than the Turbo I had. The Turbo's instant action was nice, but I would snag the cable all the time. Having the Multi Position would make it more versatile too.

    I didn't know they could do a custom order. That's cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  21. #21
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    You did Coast to Coast?
    I didn't think you rode South at all...
    Rode it back in 1990 on a fully rigid up national. Come to think of it you haven't hit Goat Camp which puts all of those to shame.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759
    Ya Kavu, you need to know the owner for that special setup. He'll do it for anyone. Just FYI, if you need to run a seatpost shim make sure its 4" long. Ordering thru my guy you get that shim included.
    JRA

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    classic multi 1 x 3. get it.

  24. #24
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Just wait for the new Rock Shox Reverb...

  25. #25
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,000
    I'd go for at least the 4". I don't know about you, but I like my seat to be as low as possible when DHing, that means a pretty significant drop between my "XC" and "DH" position. I don't see much point in a 1" drop, as you aren't going to get much benefit or improvement from an "XC" position, stuff like that just makes it more complicated than it needs to be, and is there anything you can do with 1" of drop that you can't do with no drop?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •