How much further ???

Your suspension is not the ronco rotisserie

You do not set it and forget it.

So I was on a ride with a buddy this weekend and we were climbing up mormon and he said he was having a hard time on the square edge rocks and that his rear wheel would hit the rock and pop up causing him to spin out. I immediately asked him what his rebound setting was set too and it was the lowest setting possible. After adding some rebound things got significantly better for him.

It reminded me of a pinkbike article I read awhile back and got me thinking of how I never really put much thought into that little red knob on my Fox shock. I just set it in the middle and forgot it. Well last night I decided to slow both the fork and shock rebound down a bit and went for a ride this morning. WOW !!! My Slayer has never felt better. Felt like it stayed glued to the trail, was much smoother of a ride, and I felt I had more control in general. It was a much better ride.

Now this may be old news for many of you but if you are a set it and forget it kind of person when it comes to your suspension it might be worth it to take another look. Spend a few rides trying out some new settings. You might like what you find.

To The Point - Rebound Damping - Pinkbike

NOTE: If you have mini me's like I do, I find they like the blue and red knobs on rear shocks. Ive found my settings all jacked up on multiple occations. Be careful out there.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    mmm... rotisserie
    mmm... post 2000

mtbr member

Your suspension is not the ronco rotisserie

Yup I'm I'm the same boat for rebound. Set fork and shock halfway and leave it be until a buy a new bike. This post motivated me to spend some time fooling around with different settings, so thank you!

How much further ???
    Thats was the intent of the post. You bet !!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    little known fact: Lipitor,,, is really Skeletor after he retired and packed on another 100lbs

RHRF!
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    little known fact: Lipitor,,, is really skeletor after he retired and packed on another 100lbs
    lol!
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)