Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    Had to resurrect this one after the ride y'day. Hat tip to Phil for this gem. Broken crank arm bolt on the non-drive side? No problem. 2 zipties & 2 sticks did the trick to get Jeff the 6+ miles back to the car.
    That's pretty sweet.

sandbagger
    Tore side wall on trail bike tire and the tube was popping through. Took my debit card out and folded it in half and put it between the tire and the tube so it would stay in.

My favorite was on a dirtbike in the middle of the sand dunes (glamis) my buddy crashed and put a hole in his radiator on a kawasaki 450.

I plugged it so that it would run on only the left radiator by sicking branches in the tubes and using the hose clamps to seal it. Then i pissed in the top tube to fill it with "water" and capped it off. Got back the 10 miles with no damage.
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    You used the sheared off derailleur as a chain tensioner? Brilliant.
    The RD was more of a chain guide. The red bull can keep the chain from eating the levers and I'm pretty sure we whittled down a stick to achieve the proper tension.

mtbr member

Your most creative MacGyver fix...

Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44 View Post
    Tore side wall on trail bike tire and the tube was popping through. Took my debit card out and folded it in half and put it between the tire and the tube so it would stay in.

My favorite was on a dirtbike in the middle of the sand dunes (glamis) my buddy crashed and put a hole in his radiator on a kawasaki 450.

I plugged it so that it would run on only the left radiator by sicking branches in the tubes and using the hose clamps to seal it. Then i pissed in the top tube to fill it with "water" and capped it off. Got back the 10 miles with no damage.
    Like that one!

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2