Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I am Walt

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! X-Post from the Quad Bypass thread re your participation

Posting this as a new thread so it doesn't get missed...

First of all, here's the thread on the ride as it was un-stickified when this was stickied:
    Be afraid, be very afraid...Quadruple Bypass, Sunday, Jan. 28th

At this point, it's looking like at least 43 riders, potentially up to 46-47. We're gonna have a peloton...

Please take a look and let me know if you're NOT coming. No need to confirm if you are. And if you're a possible, or haven't posted, but are coming, please post up and let me know. We're arranging to stock the support stop (remember a $5 contribution if you'll be partaking at Golden Eagle).

Here's who says they're coming (I'm updating this as I get updates):
    waltaz, ~su.ling, AKA Monkeybutt (Jeff), dirtrodr (Chris), DurtGurl (Kathleen), epicrider (Dale), NardoSS, chongoman, chongoman's friend Jeff, Fattraxx (Aaron), cycljunkie (Jim), cstuttle (Craig), chollaball (Jason), Salty Dog (Tommy), AZVW, ionsmuse (Dave), zort, dgangi (Doug) + 1 MTB chick, neyezar (Simon), SvenPHX, titusbro (Pat), Dana, Mark, Paul D. (friend of Walt's) + 9 buds (yes, that's a nine - strong Tuhkee-ins) + 3 more hot MTB chicks (per Paul) for the first two Bypasses, u2metoo (Sam), az_cholla, Kata, Nick, AZMikey (uh...Mike) and brianc (uh...Brian) for the first Double

titusbro and cstuttle will be joining from the Fountain Hills side; titusbro somewhere between Windgate and Bell, and cstuttle at Windgate Pass.

Possibles:
    baycat, Flying Wombat (Kevin), Jim W., Bill Lundberg (did you get the memo...?)

Bueller...Bueller...
    Last edited by waltaz; 01-27-2007 at 04:35 PM.
    Ride more; post less...

Fragile - must be Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    Posting this as a new thread so it doesn't get missed...

At this point, it's looking like at least 23 riders, potentially up to 30. Please take a look and let me know if you're NOT coming. No need to confirm if you are. And if you're a possible, or haven't posted, but are coming, please post up and let me know. We're arranging to stock the support stop (remember a $5 contribution).

Here's who says they're coming:
    waltaz, ~su.ling, AKA Monkeybutt (Jeff), dirtrodr (Chris), DurtGurl (Kathleen), The Fuzz (Joe), NardoSS, chongoman, Fattraxx (Aaron), cycljunkie (Jim), cstuttle (Craig), kopec, chollaball, Salty Dog (Tommy), AZVW, ionsmuse (Dave), cpmrules, zort, dgangi (Doug), neyezar (Simon), SvenPHX, titusbro (Pat), Paul D. (friend of Walt's)

Possibles:
    Crash_FLMB (Rodney), AZMikey (Mike), az_cholla, baycat

Likely additionals:
    kopec (how many in "the crew" from Tukee will be coming with you?), Paul D. (likely 1-3 buds in addition to him)
    Kathleen - any of your "crew" coming (e.g. Dale)?
    Hey Walt -

My friend Eric is planning on coming with me.

With as many riders as have decided to come, have you considered bail-out options? I bet there will be at least a few people who have to turn back at some point. We'll need bail-out options for those riders who are having trouble with the ride or need to cut it short for other reasons.

Thx...Doug

I am Walt

Bail-Out Options

Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    With as many riders as have decided to come, have you considered bail-out options? I bet there will be at least a few people who have to turn back at some point. We'll need bail-out options for those riders who are having trouble with the ride or need to cut it short for other reasons.
    I've posted bail-out options a couple of times previously, but here they are again so they're not buried:

BTW, bail points are:
    1. After completion of the first two Bypasses and coming down Bell, instead of taking Paradise over to Quartz, etc., you can just head back to the car at Basha's. That's probably 2.5 hours in.
    2. Lost Dog TH at 124th St., then ride the road back (Frank Lloyd Wright to Thompson Peak to Basha's). Probably 3.5 hours in.
    3. Hidden Hills TH at 144th St. and Via Linda after descending Sunrise. Take roads back - Via Linda to FLW then back as noted above. Probably 4.5-5 hours in.

After that, we go up and over to Golden Eagle in Fountain Hills. You COULD bail there, but you'll need a ride back as it's on the other side of the mountains.
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    well given all the cool kids will be here. and I've never ridden the mcdoles...put me in the possibly/probibly cat.
    b

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    well given all the cool kids will be here. and I've never ridden the mcdoles...put me in the possibly/probibly cat.
    Nice...bring the big camera...make you work a little harder...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Walt,

It has been a toss-up for us, but our 24 hour team is planning on pre-riding the old pueblo course this weekend - due to busy schedules the following 3 weeks up to the race.

Sorry to miss the carnage - and for the late reply

Kopec

mtbr member
    I'll bring it right along with the tow-rope.
    b

mtbr member
    I feel like I'm coming down with the sniffles, but I feel good, I'm in.

Peace,

Sam

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by kopec
    Walt,

It has been a toss-up for us, but our 24 hour team is planning on pre-riding the old pueblo course this weekend - due to busy schedules the following 3 weeks up to the race.

Sorry to miss the carnage - and for the late reply

Kopec
    No problem at all...thanks for the heads up...
    Ride more; post less...

So, for those of us (me) who've never been around the valley, it looks like I take 101 to Bell, exit, and go east, Basha's will be obvious?

Also, who's bringing name tags?

Planning on rolling in a little after 8.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    So, for those of us (me) who've never been around the valley, it looks like I take 101 to Bell, exit, and go east, Basha's will be obvious?

Also, who's bringing name tags?

Planning on rolling in a little after 8.
    I haven't come in that way from the 101, but once you get off on the Bell Rd. exit from the 101, go east on Bell Rd. past the Alltell Ice Den, etc., Basha's will be up about a mile or so on the right. I don't think you can miss it.

I've actually thought about name tags...

I should be there at 8.
    Ride more; post less...

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    You cant exit Bell coming from the North.
    You must exit Pima and take frontage road south to Bell, then go left (east)
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrodr
    Thanks, Chris...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm in.

For the poster asking about the 101 exit: from north/west, get off at Pima/Princess. From the south, get off at Frank Lloyd Wright. In either case, continue on the frontage road to Bell, and head east toward the mountains, and you can't miss Basha's.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrodr
    Cheers. Exactly what my small-town self was worried about. I shall do my best to not get lost.

I am Walt
    count has been updated...
    Ride more; post less...

Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    count has been updated...
    A friend who is staying with my family is also going to join in. Her name is Lori and she is a racer from Missouri. She's out here for physical therapy school for a few months. She's also on our 24HITOP co-ed team.

So up your count by one. And up your chick count by one. I'm sure SuLing and Kathleen won't mind.

Thx...Doug

parenting for gnarness

GPS Nerds - need your help!

My forerunner 201 is at Garmin for service - Goat Camp rattled something loose. I have my wife's 301, but it wont upload tracks anymore. Or I can take my big honkin Garmin and all its mass.

so, anyone else on the Quad Bypass planning to GPS and then upload to motionbased, etc?

Meatpuppet
    I'm seeing 69 for a high on Sunday
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

wrecking crew
    yup...i heard 69-70 and that makes me happy!
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    My forerunner 201 is at Garmin for service - Goat Camp rattled something loose. I have my wife's 301, but it wont upload tracks anymore. Or I can take my big honkin Garmin and all its mass.

so, anyone else on the Quad Bypass planning to GPS and then upload to motionbased, etc?
    Either I or my friend will have a Garmin 301 on the bike...so no worries. We'll have the sucker mapped out.

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    I'll also have my eTrex along for fun, so really no worries at all, err...except worries about completing the ride, err...while there's still day/twilight.
    Zort

"Maybe I'm laughing my way to disaster..." - P. Simon

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by Zort
    I'll also have my eTrex along for fun, so really no worries at all, err...except worries about completing the ride, err...while there's still day/twilight.
    I'm considering packing my headlamp "just in case..."
    Ride more; post less...

I am Walt

Random thoughts...

- Count has been updated
    - If you're doing this on a SS, you'll need to sign a waiver...then again, it would end up being inadmissable because you're clearly not in control of your faculties...
    - I think I will bring name tags and a Sharpie. You triathletes (and there are some Ironman finishers in here... ) can just write on your arms...
    - If I had thought enough ahead, I would have ordered plates for the bikes, like race number things, where we could write names...
    - I'm gonna pack on a good first aid kit. Hopefully, they'll be some others. Anybody trained as a Wilderness First Responder?
    - Bring enough tubes for the inevitable flats on all the damn rocks, particularly on the rocking downhills. I'm gonna pack two or three myself (29'er tubes, though)
    - I'm also throwing some cervezas in a cooler for the after-ride...
    - I'm going to try and have printed maps to hand out ahead of time.
    - Remember $5 for the snack stop. Thanks to titusbro (Pat) for coordinating that.

More to follow...
    Ride more; post less...

Ouch, I am hot!
    Have fun guys and gals. I think this ride has all the factors that may make it an ongoing yearly event that grows and grows each year and ultimately becomes a mega gathering, like the Flight of the Pigs. It certainly has a catchy name and the leadership. I am sorry I will miss it.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast