Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jimfab

WV Midnight century

Everybody

If you dare i would like to invite everybody to take part in the first ever WV midnight century aug 8 (fri night). It will start in Buckeye and cover almost every stitch of trail in the far WV south of the 10 as well as some canal riding. We are also working on a 50 option. for more info check out http:/southwestbikepackinggroup.blogspot.com/2010/07/west-valley-midnight-century.html

this will be a group ride of sorts. please let me know if you are interested here or the site so i can find a suitable starting area.

Cheers- Jim

Rhino
    I am in for the full deal. Singlespeed.
    (Date is a bust and will be updated by jimfabulous)
    -rhino

Don't believe the Hype...
    Sounds interesting. I'm not ready for 100 miles right now, but might be once it cools down. I've been scouting out some "Urban" Trail routes around my area along the Aqua Fria heading north to Lake Pleasant...
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

My other ride is your mom
    I'm interested, but the date is no good for me....looking fwd to seeing the new date.

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I'm interested, but the date is no good for me....looking fwd to seeing the new date.
    maad - I believe it will be the same weekend. Friday or Saturday night. Jim's date post doesn't jive (8th and Fri.).

Losing Ground
    I think the new date is that weekend just an error in matching days to dates. It should be Fri night Aug 6 in other words.
    Yeah Jim, let us know for sure. The only reason I'm 'out' is because I'll be in Flag. I'll be shooting for Kokopelli though.

mtbr member
    I am in. If we can get more detail, would be greatly appreciated. I am north Phoenix.

Thx

Steve

My other ride is your mom
    well then, I'm out since I'm committed to a ride up north that weekend. Have fun.

So whats up with these Spots? "Secret, S&M, Park Ave "

I take it they are in between FINs and PIR? I've road both of those quite a bit.

I need to get back on my bike. I have been just longboarding/skating for the last year so I'm my bike cardo has to be pretty week....

www.krackedskulls.com

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybastard
    So whats up with these Spots?...
    They are trails...take that specific question to the SWBG website (link in first post) as we don't discuss those kinda things here. Pick up what I'm laying down? Thx.

gotcha

www.krackedskulls.com

mtbr member

VW 100 mile run

Is this thing still going? Need to make arrangements to get my lights working. Is there a count how many will attend? Thanks..

Jo

Losing Ground
    Check the link at the top (it's not highlighted). That should be the main info page for this.

jimfab
    Everybody

Sorry to be slow in info for you, working and having fun have kept me busy. It is still on. I will have a general outline on the site tonight sometime.

Thanks- Jim

mtbr member

VW 100mile ride

Is this ride still going?

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by ssphoenix
    Is this ride still going?
    dude...

http:/southwestbikepackinggroup.blog...t-century.html

mtbr member

VW 100 Miles

Yes, but with only 4 responses (5 including mine), not sure if Jim want to go thorugh with this ride.

Losing Ground
    can't expect too many takers for 100 miles...at night. You'll have fun though, just do it.

Tucson, AZ
    Looks like a great route. Wish I could make it.

Losing Ground
    Welcome back CB.

mattreed8
    I'm still in for the 50.

-- Matt

jimfab

still on

Everybody

The ride is still a go for tonight. Rain or moonshine. We should meet the folks doing the 50 around 12.30 ish at the Eliot market in Estrela Mountain Ranch. If the canal is soaked we may be a bit slower. Bring a rain jacket, chain oil, and a smile cause it is going to be a good time! Looks like there will be 5-8 of us that i know of this morning. More info now up on the homepage at www.southwestbikepackinggroup.blogspot.com . If you find yourself unable to sleep you can track the group online. Follow the link on the home page.

See you all there

mtbr member

VW miles

Jim,

Any chance you might have a map of the entire course? I'd like to ride the it all but not familiar with the area and the course. Greatly appreciated.

Steve

jimfab

maps

Hello

I have everything on GPX format, but i dont have the route put together for this ride. I was able to find the picture below. Not much detail, but gives the idea. I will make sure to ride cleanup and make sure nobody gets left behind. Most of the other guys know the area good enough to get out of trouble if they get lost. This is great ride that will explore some seldom ridden trails, and very ridden trails. This is supposed to be a group ride so having fun together is the goal. I will try to break it down more. and put something on the site. I need to get topofusion on my MAC somehow. The Garmin basecamp is very limited, but so are my computer skills. I do have excellent bow staff skills ! Below is an overview of the entire route including PIR. Still not sue if we are going to include it, and the other is all the trails closer up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WV Midnight century-wvmc100.jpg  

WV Midnight century-wvmc.jpg  

mtbr member

VW 100 miles

Jim,

Thanks for the map. Helps a bit. Is this going to be a pack ride or everyone will ride on their own? You mentioned water will be available in places. What do you mean?

Are you meeting us in Bucky or you are doing the 50?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0