The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009

Wrecking. Sucks.

First of all...wrecking in general just well...sucks. I was at nra yesterday with my bud. My dad got his new hd video camera and said HEY! Ill come out and test it out on you guys gettin some air.

Well...my first thought was, dammit Im gonna wreck on camera. So we got there and walked into the pit. The weekend before we had done the last jump on A line into the pit for our first time together on DJ hardtails several times each.

So we walked in and said lets do it first and get used to it more. As we walked up thoughts went through my head....this is sooo stupid. Partly because it was our first jump, and it had rained hard the night before and there were some ruts in the landing. We somewhat filled in the ruts and I wasnt so concerned.

We got to the top of the run in and as we were puttin our helmets on I said "Go big or go home"! Then he said "We might go big AND go home". This was my final clue...this is stupid. We sarted down and i felt good off the jump and half way through the air. Then my bike started falling. Apparently I didnt have enough speed on this bike which is quite a bit heavier and alot more suspension give. I cased it pretty hard, and then my front tire caught a rut! yayy!!!! Then I slammed onto my right side and slip through wet hard dirt. I have one picture of my arm. It may not look terrible, but it goes pretty far around my arm, farther up my arm, my back, a bad one on my hip, and my a$$ hurts like hell.

Next time, I decided, gut instinct is a good feeling, and maybe, be smarter. Yeah...Ill go with smarter.
    Maybe ill post the video later, kinda embarassing.
    It was my first..and last jump of the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wrecking.  Sucks.-scar.jpg  

I Like Dirt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerdrummer
    First of all...wrecking in general just well...sucks. I was at nra yesterday with my bud. My dad got his new hd video camera and said HEY! Ill come out and test it out on you guys gettin some air.

Well...my first thought was, dammit Im gonna wreck on camera. So we got there and walked into the pit. The weekend before we had done the last jump on A line into the pit for our first time together on DJ hardtails several times each.

So we walked in and said lets do it first and get used to it more. As we walked up thoughts went through my head....this is sooo stupid. Partly because it was our first jump, and it had rained hard the night before and there were some ruts in the landing. We somewhat filled in the ruts and I wasnt so concerned.

We got to the top of the run in and as we were puttin our helmets on I said "Go big or go home"! Then he said "We might go big AND go home". This was my final clue...this is stupid. We sarted down and i felt good off the jump and half way through the air. Then my bike started falling. Apparently I didnt have enough speed on this bike which is quite a bit heavier and alot more suspension give. I cased it pretty hard, and then my front tire caught a rut! yayy!!!! Then I slammed onto my right side and slip through wet hard dirt. I have one picture of my arm. It may not look terrible, but it goes pretty far around my arm, farther up my arm, my back, a bad one on my hip, and my a$$ hurts like hell.

Next time, I decided, gut instinct is a good feeling, and maybe, be smarter. Yeah...Ill go with smarter.
    Post the video now, or I'll put you on my Ignore List.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Just Joshin' ya!
    post it!
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

mtbr member
    nice one, Tanner. Glad you're ok....and roll camera!

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire

X2........ the clock is running...........Drew

mtbr member

Tell you what, if you post the video of you crashing, I'll post the one of me taking a whiz out at Sierra Vista. It was in between laps 1 and 2 of a preride, and I completely forgot I had my helmet cam on. Come on, let's do it.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

"No Clue Crew"
    Tell you what, if you post the video of you crashing, I'll post the one of me taking a whiz out at Sierra Vista. It was in between laps 1 and 2 of a preride, and I completely forgot I had my helmet cam on. Come on, let's do it.

I could go without seeing that one!

AKA shitbird
    Where's the video? Just post it, I have a whole collection of me wrecking up on youtube already and half of them probably more embarassing than whatever happened here......
    JRA

banned
    Minor meat rainbow.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Meh, my leg looks worse than that from yesterday.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    Trust me Im trying to post it! But...I cant seem to upload it...I just got it and cant figure it out. I swear its not an excuse!!!
    I Like Dirt.

"No Clue Crew"
    Don't even dare ask my opinion on posting the crash video !!!

Glad you're okay and I am anxious to see it !

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Where's the video? Just post it, I have a whole collection of me wrecking up on youtube already and half of them probably more embarassing than whatever happened here......

true that ! I took one of those of you myself.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Hey I remember back when you were barely hittin B line. Good job on progressing. Oh yeah you may want to read the thread on looking into pads.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    I cant freakin find how to upload it! Still trying. Hopefully Ill get it up today. Its prety funny.
    I Like Dirt.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Hopefully Ill get it up today.
    I hope for the same thing every day
    Pumpin & Pimpin

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Thx for the laugh Jibro. Yep, wrecking or tagging rocks in my case sucks, out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Alive and Lurkin'
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Thx for the laugh Jibro. Yep, wrecking or tagging rocks in my case sucks, out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot.
    Dude that blows, was it the left foot or right foot? In other words shuttle runs?
    Pumpin & Pimpin

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    I didnt mean getting THAT up...
    I Like Dirt.

The Most Interesting Man
    Jul 2009
    THANK GOD! Then I wouldnt have to hear complaints about weather all the time
    I Like Dirt.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Left foot, yep sure.

CAB
    mtbr member
    Yup crashing is zero fun.... I ninja cartwheeled a tree, moments after Brian broke his foot.
    "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by CAB
    Yup crashing is zero fun.... I ninja cartwheeled a tree, moments after Brian broke his foot.
    U ever get to the doc or just ridin it out?

dirt visionary
    A buddy broke 2 toes like a month back never went to the doc ...now his toes are jacked and don't work right...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

CAB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    U ever get to the doc or just ridin it out?
    Just gona ride it out for a while.
    "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."