Thread: Women's Cycling

Luvn Life
    Jan 2007

Women's Cycling

I just moved here about two months ago from Hawaii and I am looking for a women's cycling group. I have not been on my bike in 5 months and I would really like to get back into cycling. If you have any information please let me know.

Thanks

We de MAMMY NUNS!
    Check this thread out:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=ladies

Maybe PM trailmex. Also check the women's forum.
    I've nothing to add....

mtbr member
    I don't know of any women's specific groups, but I am always looking for other women to go biking with. There seem to be a shortage of them in AZ. PM me if you are ever interested in going for a ride. ~Kristen

Dirty Monkey
    Welcome to Arizona! As for women riders, the best source if you are in the Phoenix area would be the true dean, or queen, if you will, of the women on here, DurtGurl. Kathleen knows other riders, and as for trail knowledge, she can cover it all.
    [SIZE="3"]"May The Schwartz Be With You!"[/SIZE]

parenting for gnarness
    where do you live? There is a roadie group around Las Sendas in the East Valley, and my wife is always looking for other women to mtb.

wrecking crew
    Most of us generally ride with the men. But you could check out the AZ Luna Chix...don't know much about them myself, but looks like they have group rides, etc..

http://www.lunachixaz.com/
    ~~~

pedaller

http://www.lunachixaz.com/

Welcome to AZ!

Check it out: http://www.lunachixaz.com/

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

pedaller
    D'OH!!! Su-Ling!!!

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    D'OH!!! Su-Ling!!!

Sorry el-no! Nice seeing you last sunday morning at SoMo. Once up top we were riding in cloud level...fog everywhere! Very cool...literally! Going up National instead of Mormon was a hoot!

oops...thread hi-jack. Sorry!
    ~~~

Luvn Life
    Jan 2007
    I live out in Mesa

Luvn Life
    Jan 2007
    I am currently living in Mesa

Luvn Life
    Jan 2007
    I would love to go for ride sometime!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    ask the peeps at dna cycles. i think they have a group that rides hawes all the time. im sure some of their riders have women who ride. durtgirl is definately a source of info as well. just pm her she wont lead you astray.

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney80
    I live out in Mesa
    hi courtney and kristen,

i too live in mesa and am always looking for others to ride with.
    what kind of riders are you? xc, dH, racing, intermediate, advanced, technical, slow, etc?
    what trails have you ridden here?

if you're a fearless and fairly advanced rider kathleen's group is your best connection in the valley. they're a bunch of great people who love hard/long rides and do fun socials as well. if i was a great rider (and younger ) i would join them, but they're WAY out of my league

i'm a "slower" rider of intermediate skills who likes xc at moderate pace with stops for whatever, pictures, snacks, chat, etc.

i've ridden with the luna chix a few times. they meet once a month, usually the first saturday of the month.

if you'd like to ride this saturday (1/27) or during the week ~3:30pm please let me know.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Luvn Life
    Jan 2007
    I definately a slow rider, I did not do much mountain biking in Hawaii. I was on my road bike most of the time.

I have not been on any of the trails out here

What type of gear do you guys wear out here? Coming from Hawaii I just have short sleeve jerseys and shorts.

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney80
    I definately a slow rider, I did not do much mountain biking in Hawaii. I was on my road bike most of the time.

I have not been on any of the trails out here

What type of gear do you guys wear out here? Coming from Hawaii I just have short sleeve jerseys and shorts.

slow-rider, yeah!
    as far as gear, shorts might be ok but in the cold mornings layering is best. get some knickers or leg warmers and arm warmers and you'll be ok.

i was thinking of going to mcdowell mtn park, north of fountain hills, tomorrow ~10am. let me know if you'd like to join me.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington