Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kathleen in AZ

This is why we live in Arizona

Saturday was the perfect riding day. We did a SoMo loop including my latest rediscovered favorite, Corona Loma. Early in the ride we hooked up with SuperlightKeith from SD who just happened to be looking for someone to show him the SoMo trails. Good to meet you Keith!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kathleen in AZ
    On Sunday we headed to the Phx Mtn Preserve for a little Hairball action...

Kathleen in AZ
    I got so many good shots of MonkeyButt this weekend that he has earned his own Jeff gallery. Jeff makes everything look easy. Su Ling, your man is hot !!

Large wheels & one gear
    Oh Yeah! Well I rode these incredible trails out at San(d) Tan Park today. Nothing but Horse $%&! and sand You gotta try them sometime.
    Nice pics. Looks like alot of fun out there today. I need to get a FS bike again.
    Last edited by Konapdlr; 02-18-2007 at 06:20 PM.
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

[SIZE=1]ChemBright Carpet & Upholstery LLC[/SIZE]

Newbie...yeah that's it
    Wow! Great Pics! Can't wait til I have enough skill to ride those trails. Looks like a great time. Looks like I need to order some armor so I can start pushing my self onto harder trails.

wrecking crew
    Nice photos Kathleen! Oh and nice to meet you slKeith from SD. Hope you enjoyed your visit. You'll have to come back and hit more fun stuff. So much out there it is hard to hit them all in one trip.

Oh yeah...my man is totally hot and skilled! ;-) And Hairball he did armor-less which isn't the brightest thing to do if you ask me! Piece of cake he says... AzSunGod, armor is good because you will fall. Get some! I am a moron and forgot mine today but L was kind enough to lend me a spare set of knee pads she had. Thanks girl, you rock!

Corona Loma was a blast on Saturday...and Hairball was just as fun on Sunday! The weather couldn't have been better for both of those rides. Great views and the air quality was awesome. Spectacular rides always bring a smile to my face and they make the weekends just so much more satisfying.

Thanks all!

su ling
    ~~~

Meatpuppet
    definately a beautiful day today.
    i had a great time with a great crew, as usual.
    thanks for helping to make up for my meltdown yesterday.
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    And Hairball he did armor-less which isn't the brightest thing to do if you ask me! Piece of cake he says... AzSunGod, armor is good because you will fall. Get some! I am a moron and forgot mine today but L was kind enough to lend me a spare set of knee pads she had. Thanks girl, you rock!

su ling
    Nice foto's Kat! Looks like a great time. Jim and I were SSing this weekend as my wheels still aren't built for the Dean.

Armor? We don't need no stinking armor!
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Glutton for punishment
    Nice pics Kathleen!

Sadly, I missed Saturday's trip down Corona Loma. But I was glad to be out today and riding the Hairball with a few good friends! Fun fun fun.

ScottN

Kathleen in AZ

Oh yeah...my man is totally hot and skilled! ;-) And Hairball he did armor-less which isn't the brightest thing to do if you ask me! Piece of cake he says...
    I like these two shots of Jeff going down the waterfall with the armor on his back. To quote Crash... "Don't need no stinking armor!"

Fragile - must be Italian
    Ah...the Cheesegrater. I can't tell you how many times I've gone down that goddam hill head-over-heels (and not in a good way) on the NRS. I have yet to take the MotoLite down that hill, which should be *much* easier with the wayyyyy bigger fork and slacker HT angle.

Nice pics Kathleen. While you were having fun enjoying the weather I was having fun staying up all night at the Old Pueblo. I'm still trying to recover from the sleep deprivation!

Thx...Doug

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    Ah...the Cheesegrater.
    No, they were on the Hairball on the other side of Squaw Peak, I think. Goes up and over to the west instead of heading down the Cheesegrater.

Nice pics! It looks like Jeff was going OTB on that one shot...

And are those baggies on Su.Ling!?
    Ride more; post less...

Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    No, they were on the Hairball on the other side of Squaw Peak, I think. Goes up and over to the west instead of heading down the Cheesegrater.
    You could be right...hard to tell from the pics. But it doesn't matter....'cause I've gone down the Hairball hill head-over-hells many times as well. In fact, the last time I did that hill I endo'd on my SS...but saved myself somehow by standing up...only to be knocked to the ground when the bike landed on the back of my head. It was highly entertaining for a pair of hikers.

And yes, I think those were baggy shorts on SuLing. I almost didn't recognize her!

Thx...Doug

Weapon of Choice
    Those trails on SOMO look awesome to ride, some day in the near future I will go back to Tempe to ride it. Used to live there in the early ninetys back when susupension forks were just coming out. I would love to get my 5 spot out there now. Falling must be a B10tch though, Sharp rock, Cacti, poisonous snakes yep its the desert; body armor would be a smart thing to consider! Love the waterfall, ITS CALLING ME!!!!!

mtbr member
    looks like I missed a great weekend. I was too busy doing laps on slickrock to notice though.

Is it a universal law of AZ that every resident must drive though monument valley at night with heavy cloud cover?
    b

I am Doctor Remulak
    Yeah, the hairball does go west from the top of the cheesegrater. I went OTB just above that slot last time I was out there. It's a fun ride down from the top.

Good catch, I didn't notice that. Everybody should wear baggies.

Kathleen in AZ
    I dunno... not my backyard. I was just hanging on for dear life, following the best I could.

Jeffro was in complete, graceful, unwavering control every time I got ahead of him and the others to take pictures. At the base of that drop, I recall that he did a purposeful nose wheelie to swing his back end around to line up better with the lower trail.

Yuppers! Much to the chagrin of the masses, SL's new badass riding style is requiring her to cover up for protection.

wrecking crew

You are right Walt...We came up from 1A: south up the switchbacks towards Cheesegrater then west up the hike-a-bike to drop down into Hairball. That hike-a-bike is a grunt that is for sure!

It does look like Jeff's about to go OTB but he doesn't. And yessir! I was wearing baggies on Saturday! Damn uncomfortable feeling...sliding around and getting my shorts caught up on my seat...I may have to search for a better pair here soon.

I tell ya...after Saturday's jaunt at SoMo Mormon/Nat and CL, then Sunday's (quickie-ha!) DD area to end with Hairball...I was a bit tired!!! And really hungry!!!
    Last edited by su.ling~; 02-19-2007 at 12:55 PM.
    ~~~

And yessir! I was wearing baggies on Saturday!
    Hmm...so is the hooligan in you starting to come out? Before you know it, you're gonna be sporting some knicker-length baggies and platform pedals w/skater-boy shoes! Sweet...

Thx...Doug

dirt visionary
    Wow great pics ! I really need to get over to SOMO sometime looks fun .

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    Is it a universal law of AZ that every resident must drive though monument valley at night with heavy cloud cover?
    it keeps the 911 folks in Mexican Hat gainfully employed. I love the ride the other way too, where you see the plateau drop off behind you and the mesas in front.

Formerly known as...

Thanks for the Tour!

Hey DurtGurl and Gang,
    Thanks for taking me on a great ride Sat! I'm really glad I ran into you guys--and I'm not just saying that because you gave me beer (though I probably would). I had a great time riding SoMo--good trail and good company! Thanks again for the grub. Went back on Sunday to get the rest of National in and had a blast. Look me up if any of you guys are in SoCal. Here are some pics from Sat. Didn't take any pics on Sunday; the ride was too good to stop.
    -K

Formerly known as...

And Monkeybutt gets yet another gallery

MB on The Waterfall.

wrecking crew
    Keith - Come out and visit us again! It was great meeting you. We'll take you out on Goat Camp!
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    it keeps the 911 folks in Mexican Hat gainfully employed. I love the ride the other way too, where you see the plateau drop off behind you and the mesas in front.
    my point was that I saw nothing. (and I actually drove north the other way)
    b

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast