Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fragile - must be Italian

Who's riding Old Pueblo this year?

So who out there is riding the 24 Hrs in the Old Pueblo this year? If you're in, sound off. Also post up any plans on when you will be arriving to camp, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

My team is The Fockers. We are a 5-person co-ed team in the 150-199 age bracket. This is the first time that I have been in a co-ed team -- every other 24-hr race was a 4 or 5 man men's team. This should be interesting.

The 2 ladies on my team are Lori and Jamie. Lori is a racer from Missouri who is staying with me while she completes her internship in physical therapy. Jamie is from Albuquerque. Both should be strong riders. And they are young: 23 and 22 respectively.

The men include me and 2 of my friends: Eric and Rob. We are all mid-30's old farts. We are all pretty capable riders.

So yea it sounds a bit perverted...3 middle-aged guys with 2 just-out-of-college cute girls. But what the hell...that's just how it worked out.

I am the only seasoned 24-hr racer in the group. This will be everybody else's first 24-hr event...and as a result...we aren't riding this to "win"...just riding this to have some fun.

We plan on arriving on Thursday night with a big honkin' 5th wheel. So we'll have a banner on the trailer with our name on it. Watch for the Fockers and say HI.

Thx...Doug

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    We are all mid-30's old farts.

...3 middle-aged guys...

Just wait...
    Ride more; post less...

"Yabut"
    I'll be there, but I am running the timing tent from midnight to 6am. So I imagine I will see you all. Unless you decide to sleep the night laps away......
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

AKA shitbird
    I'm on a 4 man team with pwrtrainer, Landon, and Charlie. We are "The AZholes next door". Should be lot's of fun, like always. Got an invite to be part of a large group camping out with Swiss American peeps.
    JRA

Endurance Junkie
    I know I'll be there, gonna try solo this year. ( Naked Guy Racing )

mad aussie
    5 person team, Santan Racing, in the coed category 150-199. Hopefully barring unforeseen problems we should be contending for the top spots overall. 4 good expert level men and 1 strong cat 2 woman rider who is having her first season mountain bike racing. Three of us have some 24 hour experience, one has never ridden at night, but given he spanked the expert men's 19-39 field at McDowell I think he should be good to go after a couple of night rides.
    Racing ages from 20's, 30's and one 40 year old fart (me!)

Kevin

mtbr member
    Ya'll have fun...I'll be in the tent with my daughter Molly from 5:30 til midnight checking you in and out.

Desert Dweller
    Jan 2004

Wink Team Dodipus checking in

I'm on a 4 man team, Dodipus... This will be our 4th 24ITOP under various names. We are riding with one 24hr newbie who I dont think really understands what he's gotten himself in to. We are not gonna win the event by any stretch of the imagination, just out to do better than b-4 and have a great time with the boyz.I'll be the guy riding on platforms. Probably will pull in Wed. night and try to get a decent spot. We'll be using the generator so we want to be somewhere where it wont be too obnoxious(sound/smell). Its gonna be a blast and I cant wait!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm doing solo s.s.,look for the Canadian flags.

Salty Dog

Three Pigs & A Pilot

Yup, a four man team for 24 HITOP.

Two Phoenix metro cops, me - retired old copper, and a U.S. Airways jet driver.

I will arrive Thursday morning and set up camp in my trailer. No banner yet, that I know of.

Lots of THANKS to those of you who are providing support for us!

Tommy
    [QUOTE=dgangi]So who out there is riding the 24 Hrs in the Old Pueblo this year? If you're in, sound off. Also post up any plans on when you will be arriving to camp, etc.
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

mtbr member
    well my dad wnated to but couldn't because he tried to late and it was full i am going to try to do it next year w/ him
    I pwn n00bs!!!

swashbucklerette
    I've coordinated 2 teams this year of Tucson Tri Girls. We figure if our bikes break we can run, and if it rains we can swim.

Team Tucson Tri Girls: 4-person female team with 1 racer that has done 24HOP before. One other one has done a few Xterras, including the nationals at Tahoe. The other 2 are new mountain bikers, but very good athletes.

Team Tucson Tri Girls and Their Boys: 5-person co-ed 100-149. This team is myself and another Tri Girl, and the husbands of team members. My husband is on the team, and he'll be riding his FR hardtail, since that's his "light" bike. Another guy is a national trials rider that qualified for the world championships. The third guy is a good rider, and did an Xterra on a beach cruiser (long story).

Both teams are just doing it for fun, since only 3 of us have done a 24 hour race before.

mtbr member

New question here. Question

My parents are coming from out of town to be my support during the race. We should be getting there Thursday afternoon. Will they be able to ride the course on Thursday/Friday or is the course open only to racers on those days? I know they would really like to bring their bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone..

can ride the course right up until noon on Saturday. It will be marked by thursday afternoon but the gates may not be open until Saturday. Depends on when the rancher gets to them.

Say hi to my friend Chris Plesko (Pivvay, here) riding solo.

I'll be in Moab running the Red Hot 50k trail race.

Dawn to Dust MTB Club

Dawn to Dust in the House

Dawn to Dust Mountain Bike Club (located down in Sierra Vista) will be there with 2 Teams ( 4 Man & 5 Person Co-Ed). For about half of us, it will be our 1st 24 Hour but we're looking to have a GREAT time.
    Hope to see you there, Rob
    "If you don't bleed it wasn't a good ride"

What, who, me?
    Jul 2006

Four Monkey's And A Dream...

will be rolling out for our first 24Hr. race . We'll be wearing the Team D.N.A. colors . Looking to have a BLAST!

Mike

Team Velveeta™

Shift Lady!

Quote Originally Posted by cactus head
    I'm doing solo s.s.,look for the Canadian flags.
    I'm solo, geared, suspended, trying not to moan too loudly.

This is going to be fun.

Look out for that cactus head--what a meanie!
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Team 'One Win Wonders' will be there making sure that the fast Duo Teams have to keep going all night to beat us... which they will do for sure unless of course it rains all night . It's our 4th trip as a Duo, My 6th 24OP all together. I'm on the Fetish Cycles Racing team so we will be camped with them along with our support crew.

Remember to "start off slow then taper off"

Ridin' Dirty

Duo Team

"Sonoran Desert Nights, The Ballad of Rico Bobby"

Time to suffer, baby
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Occidental Tourist
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mad aussie
    I have to confess I am getting nervous and impatient for race day to get here. I am planning on arriving early Friday morning to get set up. Trying to run over everything in my mind and we have made up lists to make sure we have everything that we need for the event. We are planning on having a white board to record riders and their times to see how we stand on our goal to get 21 laps in over the race time.
    I pre rode the course for three laps on Sunday and it is really fast with the rain packing it down. Hope we got some more rain last night and it should dry out to a nice race course.
    Hopefully we should be set with the 5th wheel, enclosed canopies and a couple of helpers for the team. A couple of guys are even bringing spare bikes to cannabilize for parts if needed!

Kevin

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB

Nice vid! That got me pumped to ride. Damn I can't wait! Maybe I should leave thursday instead of friday?hmmmm
    JRA

mtbr member

Shenanigans Racing

is the name of our co-ed team in the 200+ age bracket. We'll be arriving early Friday morning in a rental R.V. and setting up camp.

Its the very first 24 hour race for 3 of us. Our mission for the weekend is to have a good time and finish.
    Do what it takes to move through

Exhale Bikes
    2814 W Bell Rd
    Phoenix, AZ 85053-7530
    (602) 548-0567

A plethora of pinatas
    My son, Tyler and I will be racing duo this year. "Me & Mini Me" He is 13 and this will be his 1st 24hr race. We will be setting up camp Friday AM near Doode and the Shenanigans Racing gang.

Look for us near the "Pay n Take" trailer. Stop by and say "Hi"!

Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast