Give it a crank

Who's got chunk after the weekend rains?

There's major chunk on the westside PMP trails, some sections are no longer rideable. I used to like the short, steep climb to the bench on 304 but yesterday it was inrideable superchunk.

The old road up to White House is also heavily eroded both uphill & downhill. Lot's of altered trails all over PMP but many are still in surprisingly good shape too.

Who's got chunk?

How much further ???
    Ah the monsoon. The anti-sanitizer.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Go Speed Racer
    Rode T-Bird yesterday and it was chunk-o-licious! Not too smooth, yet not baby head hell, just right! Between that and the heat/humitity scaring away most of the other trail users, it was pure bliss.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    National held up ok, but the wash crossing up top near fat man's pass was tore up from the torrent of water that rushed through there. I'm sure that was quite a sight. Some of the fast smooth sections between the chunk is now 3-4" of sand. With the high traffic Natty sees, it'll be back to normal pretty quick.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Kathleen in AZ
    Rode Desert Classic and the flats on my commute to work this morning... definitely not fast and flowy anymore! All washes are sand pits. High points are exposed rock rubble. And oh my goodness, the air was sticky. Was more like a morning swim to work...

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    Ah the monsoon. The anti-sanitizer.
    Ain't that the truth. Much sand and loose rock on T100 from 7th St to around Disneyland. HUGE rut right down the center of the Disneyland descent towards the bottom. T100 proper heading east just east of 7th St with the long climb that's chunky at the end with the tight left by the tree? I'm about a 10% to 15% chance of making it but there's no chance currently. Couldn't even get through the loose stuff midway to get to the rocky section.

How much further ???
    Hawes hasnt gotten as much rain or maybe it has fared better but Im excited for mother nature to sweep in there and shake stuff up a little. I ride out there enough to know that this winter saw a lot of human trail modification. Several places where large embedded rocks were removed and tossed aside because they apparently caused issues for someones grandma ?!?!?. I look forward to a few new lines and a few more techish spots that require your attention and proper tire placement before the Merry Maids show up again.
    Last edited by Douger-1; 07-23-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

EDR

Re: Who's got chunk after the weekend rains?

Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    Hawes hasnt gotten the rain or maybe it has faired better but Im excited for mother nature to sweep in there and shake stuff up a little. .
    Hawes does fare better than a lot of trails. It rained most of the afternoon I was out there (Sunday.)

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    hawes got totally spared... none of the heavy stuff hit NE mesa
    lucky for me otherwise id be picking up my front yard out of the street again like last year (same weekend actually)

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hoheehohoho.......
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Alive and Lurkin'

Who's got chunk after the weekend rains?

If it wasn't for all the Mountain bikes on those trails I'm sure they would be in much better shape. It's a nuisance that must be eradicated. I'm joining the Sierra Club screw the IMBA.

Sent using Tap N Stalk
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I like it when parts of the trails are unrideable All those trails in PMP can still be ridden with practice.Get out and ride more.

Give it a crank
    Trying to ride the new rock debris without the good old lines makes you feel like a newbie mtb'er again.