Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Who's all going to the Sedona Singletrack Celebration this weekend?

I;m thinking about going it sounds like it will be an awesome time! Just wondering whos all going, what kinda bikes you bringing, where you staying or camping?

2013 Sedona Singletrack Celebration
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Me and my buddy, Mike, plan to go up early Saturday morning and do the AM and PM ride and visit the expo. I will be riding my Trance XO and Mike rides a Salsa Spearfish, both 29er's.

Lakvoodoo
    Lots of us from up here in the Red Rocks!
    Get Outside!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sikkfreerider View Post
    I;m thinking about going it sounds like it will be an awesome time! Just wondering whos all going, what kinda bikes you bringing, where you staying or camping2013 Sedona Singletrack Celebration
    Hopefully the turnout is great. I hear there's camping at the Chavez Group Camp area behind Poco Diablo resort. Also, camping in Oak Creek Canyon is nice. An entire weekend of riding, camaraderie, camping and drinking in Sedona can't be bad, can it?
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Unfortunately my time is very limited this weekend, BUT it looks like I can squeeze in the BFL ride on Sunday. Just going up/back same day, would've loved to stay up there Sat. night and a bit longer post-ride on Sunday but chores & work are calling. Booooo!!! 29er hardtail for me, that's my do-it-all bike as I only have one.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    I am hoping to come if I can reschedule a prior commitment for Saturday afternoon. Will be going up Friday night coming back Saturday evening, on my 29er HT if it works out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Planning on showing up for the SBFL on Sunday. That route has the ability to abuse body and mind...

Huffy Rider
    I might go if it isn't too hot. I ride a Giant Reign and will stay at my house cuz it has a hot tub.

mtbr member
    I'm heading up Sat morning. Plan to camp and try and ride the start of the BFL.
    b

Lakvoodoo
    For those of you planning to shred & suffer on the SBLF Redux, be sure to stop by the SSC on Sat to pick up the updated route plan. (Or, if ya can't make it before Sun morn, then send me a PM.) In essence, it's very similar to the spring one -- still grassroots, still self-supported, still no official prizes...just us, our bikes, the pace you want (or don't want) to push! There'll be a few short modifications AND it will be done CLOCKWISE on Sunday. Feel free to use the AES grids (understanding that there are the mods), but FYI nearly all these trails are now signed so and w/the map, it should be easy to follow!

Starting at the SSC site in West Sedona 7am (maybe earlier?). There are a few places along the way to refill water (mainly in town), but highly recommend camelback, the usual tools and stans/slime. We did part of it yesterday and woohoo...gonna be an awesome route! Don't forget your legs, lungs and camera!

Also, check the SSC website for other stuff going on to include some social events....wanna hear about everyone's rides. We can also set up something for Sun night too for the BFL crew.
    Get Outside!

mtbr member
    cool well maybe ill see some of you guys out there. Ill be on my white Tallboy LT
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

Lakvoodoo
    Website and Schedule updated!

Sedonamtbfestival.blogspot.com
    Last edited by Lakvoodoo; 05-03-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: forgot link
    Get Outside!

mtbr member
    Does anyone have a suggestion where to camp tonight? I will be rolling in from Mesa pretty late and just planning to sleep in the back of my truck. I know there are restrictions on where you can camp up there so somewhere free would be great.

Meatbomb
    They really need to do something about the font on that site.

Vincit qui patitur
    Quote Originally Posted by azorr View Post
    Does anyone have a suggestion where to camp tonight? I will be rolling in from Mesa pretty late and just planning to sleep in the back of my truck. I know there are restrictions on where you can camp up there so somewhere free would be great.
    If you want there are places east of I17 (Beaver Creek) at the Sedona exit.
    Maybe 1/2 hour from event.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2012 GT Karakoram 3.0
    2012 Salsa Spearfish 2
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2013 Giant Defy
    2012 Access TCL

mtbr member
    That will be perfect, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
    If you want there are places east of I17 (Beaver Creek) at the Sedona exit.
    Maybe 1/2 hour from event.

Huffy Rider
    Get off of I-17 at hwy 179 going towards Sedona. Turn left on Beaverhead Flat rd. Go about 1 mile, probably less, and camp anywhere you like on the right side of the road.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azorr View Post
    That will be perfect, thanks!
    Here is a google map of some of the primitive camping around town...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...c6b7473f&msa=0
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

Kathleen in AZ
    I'm heading up to join a Sat ride and plan on camping Sat night at Chavez. Should be fun!!

mtbr member
    Even better, thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    Here is a google map of some of the primitive camping around town...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...c6b7473f&msa=0

mtbr member
    Really fun event. Chill and laid back. Thank to everyone involved in making this thing happen.
    b

mtbr member
    Yup. I think it's safe to say that at least 90 per cent of the masses had positive user experiences.

Kathleen in AZ
    Thanks to all in Sedona for the festival. It was great to see/meet folks at the expo. I quickly got left behind on the Sat OTE ride but am still in the 90% happy crowd thanks to azorr for catching up and sticking with me for a 2 person ride. Even if it had been a solo ride, signage in Sedona is amazing now and I was just fine on my lonesome. I will post some pics of my fellow rider on this Friday's photo day thread.

mtbr member
    I had a great time as well, thank you very much to the event organizers. Great to meet you too DurtGurl, I appreciated the company as well! I am excited to see your pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    Thanks to all in Sedona for the festival. It was great to see/meet folks at the expo. I quickly got left behind on the Sat OTE ride but am still in the 90% happy crowd thanks to azorr for catching up and sticking with me for a 2 person ride. Even if it had been a solo ride, signage in Sedona is amazing now and I was just fine on my lonesome. I will post some pics of my fellow rider on this Friday's photo day thread.

Huffy Rider
    I rode the Sunday Absolute Hiline ride....the pace was waaaay too fast for me getting up to the top, I about puked up a lung. Apparently everyone on that ride was a pro XC racer from either Flag or Phx. I had a blast on the backside, riding my bike, not carrying it. I ended up going solo at Easy Breezy cuz there was no way I could hang with them on Templeton. I found some friends in the wash and rode back with them. I then stuffed myself with super yummy pizza and hung out for a while at the shop. Super fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast