Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bland
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    great pic! ive never done any of the DH stuff but Wasabi...someday!
    Last week RA and I shuttled to the top of AZT on showbowel road and took it to Schultz tank went up little gnarly and down ginger. We skipped rocky ridge and took the road back to the car. Its a good route for flabby dh folks to get in some quality descents and still pedal for a while. Ginger is a bit tricky on a trail bike though, doing that roller on my small bike made me nervous. Get up here soon before the monsoons go away and the moon dust returns.

Meatbomb
    It appears the drama has moved north .

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 25 View Post

Oh, to Ranger77, I never tried the Greek restaurant. I figure it's nothing more than an unscale Arby's, and I like my roast beef with Arby's sauce.
    The "European hostess" cant lure you in?

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    Last week RA and I shuttled to the top of AZT on showbowel road and took it to Schultz tank went up little gnarly and down ginger.
    So I'm looking at Dale's Maps and I see most of your route. I see AZT, Schultz Tank trail isn't marked but it can only one of two trails. I see Little Gnarly (up is north to south?) but I don't see Ginger labeled. Is it even on his map or is it one of the unnamed trails around the south end of Little Gnarly?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    It appears the drama has moved north .
    Nope, it's only on mtbr

mtbr member
    Its funny, I didn't realize there was this much strife concerning trails until I starting reading posts in this forum...

Technical or not, I just love to ride trails... If its too difficult, I will simply just not ride the trail. If there aren't too many hard sections, I have two feet, I can walk...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    So I'm looking at Dale's Maps and I see most of your route. I see AZT, Schultz Tank trail isn't marked but it can only one of two trails. I see Little Gnarly (up is north to south?) but I don't see Ginger labeled. Is it even on his map or is it one of the unnamed trails around the south end of Little Gnarly?
    bOm:

I had the same ? for rockman , and he said Ginger isn't listed. I am sure Dale would love to list Ginger if he got permission from the FGR to do so. Why they don't give him permission can only be speculated, but based on history I would say they don't want you and the rest of the downhill masses riding that trail.

It's part of the Elite mentality that has gone on for years. The FGR believes that if they give out all the secret trails the FS is going to find out about them and they are going to get shutdown. So for guys like you are going to have to just look at pictures and hope someday ra and 77Ranger will share the trail BETA with you.

The problem with that is you probably will share it with your buddies and they will share it with their buddies because the trail is so cool. Anyway you get the picture, if they don't tell you where it is at, you are just going to have to ride Rocky Ridge and be happy about it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    bOm:

I had the same ? for rockman , and he said Ginger isn't listed. I am sure Dale would love to list Ginger if he got permission from the FGR to do so. Why they don't give him permission can only be speculated, but based on history I would say they don't want you and the rest of the downhill masses riding that trail.

It's part of the Elite mentality that has gone on for years. The FGR believes that if they give out all the secret trails the FS is going to find out about them and they are going to get shutdown. So for guys like you are going to have to just look at pictures and hope someday ra and 77Ranger will share the trail BETA with you.

The problem with that is you probably will share it with your buddies and they will share it with their buddies because the trail is so cool. Anyway you get the picture, if they don't tell you where it is at, you are just going to have to ride Rocky Ridge and be happy about it.
    Oh TD would you knock it off with this crap. Nobody is hiding Ginger and Epicrider would be the first to tell you that. He doesn't need permission or the secret handshake. He just hasn't ridden it so he doesn't have a gps track to update his map.

banned
    It's scary they allow you to teach young children. Hey kids, today I want to teach you that you are allowed to lie about others, slander them at will, and never be held accountable. Seriously kids, you can do it and get away with it. Just claim you know others intentions and ignore the truth. Nobody these days cares much about truth and facts. To destroy those you disagree with, you really have to learn to lie about them. Got it, kids?

You and I are not friends, never were. We are aqauintances, at best. I don't like you and I never did. You do nothing to improve riding for people in this town. From the day I arrived here you have slandered trail builders and the good people at the Forest Service. Often by writing articles in Flagstaff Live, where you could say anything you liked and not be held to any standard of truth. It was sleezy then and it is just as sleezy now.

I am thankful for people like Raising Arizona who are looking for and finding solutions. And not just that, they are doing the hard work on the ground, and willing to use a lot of their valuable time to see projects through. You better believe they will also be out there swinging tools when the time comes. They are the future. You are the past. An angry malcontenet who is no longer listened to by anyone. Think about it for a moment. Nothing you have ever said or done has accomplished anything. Go ask Poturalski or Murphy or Baxter what they think of you. They would politely say you were a joke and they ignored every complaint you ever made. Some legacy.
    Section 25:

I just figured out who you are: Charles Krauthammer. His last analysis was less flattering than yours.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    No wrong again. The erosion of trails like RR and Ginger is still a big deal. My point (taken from another thread) was strictly wrt to Schultz Creek. Maybe the sedimentaton affects Bebb's Willow habitat. I don't know. The presence of eroding trails in the SF Peaks is a far different deal than the urban and residential impacts from Sedona on Oak Creek and water quality. Different watersheds. That doesn't mean trail erosion isn't important. What is your point?
    rockman:

My hope was that in the Mt. Elden area silt and sedimentation from building and riding a new trail would be a none issue. This might reduce the amount of maintenance that might be required by the FS on the new maintainable not sustainable downhill trail ra is proposing to the FS.

mtbr member
    rockman:

My hope was that in the Mt. Elden area silt and sedimentation from building and riding a new trail would be a none issue. This might reduce the amount of maintenance that might be required by the FS on the new maintainable not sustainable downhill trail ra is proposing to the FS.
    You're reading too much into the sedimentation issue. As you know, all trails require maintenace whether or not they are sustainably built. My guess is the trail RA has laid out is intended to be a sustainable trail that will require periodic maintenance.

How's the riding in Laramie?

banned
    Oh TD would you knock it off with this crap. Nobody is hiding Ginger and Epicrider would be the first to tell you that. He doesn't need permission or the secret handshake. He just hasn't ridden it so he doesn't have a gps track to update his map.
    rockman:

I apologize for my misguided analysis. I tried to Google Ginger GPS track and was unable to find anything, that I could use to help bOm. If someone would give me the track I would be happy to post a map of the trail.

If Dale wanted to give me all the GPS tracks for that area and you got me the tracks for the other trails not on his map I could do a more comprehensive map to help riders like Mike find some of those other great trails that have been discussed on MTBR.

banned
    You're reading too much into the sedimentation issue. As you know, all trails require maintenace whether or not they are sustainably built. My guess is the trail RA has laid out is intended to be a sustainable trail that will require periodic maintenance.

How's the riding in Laramie?
    We did a ride in the Happy Jack area yesterday. Lots of buffed singletrack on old logging roads. We are going to check out Curt Dowdy next before heading to Nerderland, CO where we are going to hook-up with the Happy Trails guys.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Just got back from an AZT ride with the lady, BROWN POW! Schultz tank is a cattle tank and not a trail. From the tank you take an old double track that connects with gnarly. once you are at the top of dry lake hills go south on single track for about 1/4 of a mile. You will come to an intersection where double track splits off to the south. Follow that up to a outlook/vortex where you can see flagstaff. From there the trail splits off left with some HAB and then goes into some sketchy steeps AKA ginger.

Send a PM the next time you are up here and if you know the secret handshake I'll give you the real beta.

*(its a high five don't tell anyone)

Actually if anyone wants to ride that today I'm going to do this route or something similar this afternoon after lab meeting around 3:30. Send a PM.

parenting for gnarness
    and hope someday ra and 77Ranger will share the trail BETA with you.

or i could just not be a ***** online, send them an email and ask nicely...

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    or i could just not be a ***** online, send them an email and ask nicely...

Don't be so hard on yourself..... you just play a **** on the internet

slower than you
    You and I are not friends, never were. We are aqauintances, at best. I don't like you and I never did. You do nothing to improve riding for people in this town. From the day I arrived here you have slandered trail builders and the good people at the Forest Service. Often by writing articles in Flagstaff Live, where you could say anything you liked and not be held to any standard of truth. It was sleezy then and it is just as sleezy now.
    you know in your heart this isn't true (except for the part about my lame articles in Flag Live, which might be).

and i forgive you for saying it. friend. [hug]
    "Let our people travel light and free on their bicycles." Ed Abbey
    http://www.rockychrysler.com/

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    Just got back from an AZT ride with the lady, BROWN POW! Schultz tank is a cattle tank and not a trail. From the tank you take an old double track that connects with gnarly. once you are at the top of dry lake hills go south on single track for about 1/4 of a mile. You will come to an intersection where double track splits off to the south. Follow that up to a outlook/vortex where you can see flagstaff. From there the trail splits off left with some HAB and then goes into some sketchy steeps AKA ginger.

Send a PM the next time you are up here and if you know the secret handshake I'll give you the real beta.

*(its a high five don't tell anyone)

Actually if anyone wants to ride that today I'm going to do this route or something similar this afternoon after lab meeting around 3:30. Send a PM.
    77:

Thanks for sharing the trail Beta with bOm, if you get a chance GPS the route and send me the GPX file. I also went to the lab today that is working on the cure for my mental illness. Professor Levy met with me and we went to the lab to review the status the progress of the new drug. He assured me progress is moving forward nicely and hopefully he will have a cure for me by Dec. 5.

We arrived in Steamboat about an hour ago and hopefully will be using the Tram to access some of the trails in that area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who dumbed down easy/lower oldham and rocky ridge?-2012-09-07_13-21-10_207%5B2%5D.jpg  

Who dumbed down easy/lower oldham and rocky ridge?-2012-09-07_13-21-56_109%5B1%5Dc.jpg  

Who dumbed down easy/lower oldham and rocky ridge?-2012-09-07_13-11-32_902%5B1%5Db.jpg  

Who dumbed down easy/lower oldham and rocky ridge?-2012-09-07_13-23-57_340%5B1%5Dd.jpg  

Who dumbed down easy/lower oldham and rocky ridge?-001.jpg  

adamant
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    I like Rocky Ridge. Ride your bike where you dab....dabbing makes you want to be better....wanting to be better keeps you coming back....coming back makes you ride more....riding more makes you better.....getting better makes you smile more....when you smile more you gripe less....griping less is good.
    nicely said.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Rocky ridge trail Improvements!!

Rocky Ridge trails is sweet with the new trail work. Whoever put in all this work, you are awesome. I am sure there will be the nay sayers. If this trail is too "easy" now, go find other rocky trails to ride and bust your ass on. Rocky ridge is a connector trail at the lower end of the trail system. It should be ridable by most people, not a select few. The monsoon tore up this trail this summer, it needed help. Thanks again to whomever put in the man power.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickness View Post
    Rocky Ridge trails is sweet with the new trail work. Whoever put in all this work, you are awesome. I am sure there will be the nay sayers. If this trail is too "easy" now, go find other rocky trails to ride and bust your ass on. Rocky ridge is a connector trail at the lower end of the trail system. It should be ridable by most people, not a select few. The monsoon tore up this trail this summer, it needed help. Thanks again to whomever put in the man power.
    Ha, can't say I'm not sure it's you but the guy that has been grooming it has been banned from mtbr. You may spot him occassionaly out doing the greater good, perhaps with tools in hand on RR, Night Ranger, or L. Bear.

Either way, naysayers will have no say as RR is not only a vital connector but is part of the AZ trail. It will, by definition, become a new trail. Perhaps class 4 or something much more friendly. And probably with the aid of mechanized equipment.

Nice first post Thickness or is it section24?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    "...the guy that has been grooming it has been banned from mtbr...'

Yep, that's the one .

As Rockman said, RR will become a connector -- and there are some interesting proposals on how that will be achieved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickness View Post
    What? Rocky Ridge is not a connector trail. You can always ride the road of it is too hard. Rocky Ridge is supposed to be a nasty slog over rocks that you have to fight your way though. Hence the name. "Rocky Ridge". It is not called "smooth connector ridge".
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    What? Rocky Ridge is not a connector trail. You can always ride the road of it is too hard. Rocky Ridge is supposed to be a nasty slog over rocks that you have to fight your way though. Hence the name. "Rocky Ridge". It is not called "smooth connector ridge".
    This guy has a point.

Plus, after riding down Prom Night and Private Reserve and before the latest round of sanitation, it WAS a "smooth" connector trail back to the parking area. Rocky, but generally mild elevation gains and losses which keep you from getting crazy tired...perfect!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    This guy has a point.

Plus, after riding down Prom Night and Private Reserve and before the latest round of sanitation, it WAS a "smooth" connector trail back to the parking area. Rocky, but generally mild elevation gains and losses which keep you from getting crazy tired...perfect!
    It would be interesting to do a study to see how many people like the NEWLY improved Rocky Ridge trail. If the majority said they like it then we would all get a better idea if the recent changes made are appreciated by the masses. Obviously the 5%'ers are never going to be happy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast