mtbr member
    Jan 2004

White Tank Park closed today, 2-11-05

Just saw on Channel 3 news that White Tanks closed early today due to possible flooding on the road to the park. You racers might want to look into this. Sorry, no details.

Rita

As an aside, I went to White Tank after a heavy rain(a year ago) and the entry point to the competition tracks was closed due to rocks being washed into the roadway. The trail was still open, just had to park a ways away.

Roni1az
    Dec 2004

re: mbaa race #3

has anyone racing tomorrow heard any more details? i left a message with mbaa office, but due to the fact it is already 6:15 pm fri night, doubt i will hear back from anyone. guess i will head out there assuming it is a go unless i hear differently.

Roni1az
    Dec 2004

just spoke to ranger rick

and he said the park will be open tomorrow around 6 am.

It rains here. :(

Too much rain!

I'm hoping for a cancelled event. I ride there about twice a week and the thought of all those racers on a saturated track means that track is going to suffer some damage. Call me stingy, oh well.

Sharp rocks hurt...
    Yeah I'm not really looking forward to all that mud BUT I will be even madder if they cancel I'm hopeless

mtbr member

McMud Fest in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrous
    I'm hoping for a cancelled event. I ride there about twice a week and the thought of all those racers on a saturated track means that track is going to suffer some damage. Call me stingy, oh well.
    This is mountain biking isnt it? I would have to assume that rain or shine the race will go on. I am kind of hoping that maybe a couple of guys bag out in my class-less clutter on the trail. I am living in El Mirage so its just a trip up Olive Street. The only concern I have is if the mud gunks up around the v-brake. Disc will have an advantage.

It rains here. :(

Hmm...no refund?

Well, I just looked at MBAA web site and it appears they don't give a refund for weather cancellation. Hmm..that would suck. I change my mind, let the race go on! Perhaps the racers will clear off some of the loose cacti that I've been seeing on the trail the last week or so.

Sharp rocks hurt...
    Well the race was good, although the course was slosh. And flowing creaks all over... I did crappy Oh well, I think I'm guner train like crazy for a while and do my best at Mcdowell Nova Dessert Classic, the NORBA national.