Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post

Hey Joe, what was your time in the race? Oh wait,you didnt race because you voted with your wallet LOL!! Sounds like the course was too hard and thats just your excuse.
    No I did not race. I did not like what they did with the course this year. I did drive up and hang out with my GF and other friends. Nice to be able drink a few beers Friday night since Saturday was casual ride with GF rather than a race. Sunday was also a casual ride with the GF and some spectating of the Pro race. Fun casual weekend for change. My schedule has me racing MBAA all winter it is nice to be able to do some casual rides every now and then.

Now I never said any where I had any intentions of beating you at this race or really any race. I know where I am race pace wise. That is fast enough to pretty good, but not at the top the heap either. I am ok with that and have nothing to prove to you. I have ridden with a number folks on this forum and others around this state. There are plenty faster than me, but others who are slower too. I am not going to brag about how I am training all winter just to win the Whiskey. I know that no level of training is going to get me to place where I can win or even get on the Podium in the 30 or 50. Maybe the 15, but that is really like sandbagging so I won't be doing that one.

Now as for the course. I am actually excited for next year. While being there NOT racing was fun it was a little bitter sweet too. I did want to mix it up for real. I was talking to one of PMBA guys and he was hinting that next year might involved more single track on the other side for thumb butte road around 318 trail. That would be cool to get in more ST and less dirt road. I will however wait and see.

Lane you talk big, but need to realize people can see through big talkers and lose respect for people that talk big, but then fail to back it up. You would have earned more respect by showing racing and being honest about how it worked out. If you flat out said.. Hey $150 is too much $$ for me to spend right now that is fine too. Not everyone has $$$$$ all stashed up and even those that do don't always want to spend it. No shame in that. It is when you talk big and then can't back it up that people lose respect. Even now you are bragging about all your "free" stuff you got from vendors/mfg/teams etc. Really nobody cares. We don't care if you mooched it, earned it, or just got lucky. Really we don't.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

chasing simplicity
    So am I reading LDC's message right that while this race was stimulating enough for the likes of three 2018 Cape Epic winners (Grotts, Langvad, Courtney) it wasn't stimulating enough for him?
    I know what it's like to be dead. "To Die & Live In LA."

mtbr member
    Fun way to do the Whiskey 50 course? On a Moto! Got asked to lead the pros on Sunday, and any chance I can get to ride motos on normally non-motorized trail I'll take. Pre-rode the course Thursday to familiarize myself with it and know where to stop to see how far back the riders were. On Sunday I was impressed at how close they usually were. Freaking animals!

I always like being around Prescott that weekend. Good vibes. My friends dad has an awesome little house right by Park Plaza that we spent a lot of time at drinking beverages and relaxing.

One of these years I might actually try riding it on the mtb, but not if I can keep doing it with a motor...ha

Whiskey Off Road 2018 course changes.-mewhiskey.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chainslap- View Post
    Fun way to do the Whiskey 50 course? On a Moto! Got asked to lead the pros on Sunday, and any chance I can get to ride motos on normally non-motorized trail I'll take. Pre-rode the course Thursday to familiarize myself with it and know where to stop to see how far back the riders were. On Sunday I was impressed at how close they usually were. Freaking animals!

I always like being around Prescott that weekend. Good vibes. My friends dad has an awesome little house right by Park Plaza that we spent a lot of time at drinking beverages and relaxing.

One of these years I might actually try riding it on the mtb, but not if I can keep doing it with a motor...ha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MeWhiskey.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	334.5 KB 
ID:	1196277
    That is cool. I wondered who got to do the moto leads. How far in front are you supposed to be? Seem like you want to far enough in front to not impact the racers, but not so far that you are not actually leading them either.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    That is cool. I wondered who got to do the moto leads. How far in front are you supposed to be? Seem like you want to far enough in front to not impact the racers, but not so far that you are not actually leading them either.
    I tried to keep a few minute lead. Enough not to dust them, alert people ahead that they were near, but also leave them with an occasional whiff of that 100LL avgas and premix...lol

On the Thumb Butte section I hadn't ridden I just cruised the whole section at a moderate pace,occasionally looking back and never saw them. They were about 4 minutes back when I hit pavement.

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmay View Post
    so am i reading ldc's message right that while this race was stimulating enough for the likes of three 2018 cape epic winners (grotts, langvad, courtney) it wasn't stimulating enough for him?
    they do it for the loot, called being a prostitute. The pro race was 98 bucks to enter to win 5 grand, the amateur was 150 to win a beer mug. I dont even drink lol. Zero value for money. The course would not have had me digging inside myself to overcome some great challenge. Just breathing dust and dealing with amateur hour course cutting hero dudes. No thanks. I did get to ride the course with some champions though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whiskey Off Road 2018 course changes.-20180429_133938.jpg  

Whiskey Off Road 2018 course changes.-screenshot_2018-04-29-19-51-27.jpg  

Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

Nov 2015
    I tried to keep a few minute lead. Enough not to dust them, alert people ahead that they were near, but also leave them with an occasional whiff of that 100LL avgas and premix...lol

On the Thumb Butte section I hadn't ridden I just cruised the whole section at a moderate pace,occasionally looking back and never saw them. They were about 4 minutes back when I hit pavement.
    You had the dream job. Loved smeling the two stroke too, the sweepers were on some ktms also. I cant imgaine how fun that would have been on 260
    Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    No I did not race. I did not like what they did with the course this year. I did drive up and hang out with my GF and other friends. Nice to be able drink a few beers Friday night since Saturday was casual ride with GF rather than a race. Sunday was also a casual ride with the GF and some spectating of the Pro race. Fun casual weekend for change. My schedule has me racing MBAA all winter it is nice to be able to do some casual rides every now and then.

Now I never said any where I had any intentions of beating you at this race or really any race. I know where I am race pace wise. That is fast enough to pretty good, but not at the top the heap either. I am ok with that and have nothing to prove to you. I have ridden with a number folks on this forum and others around this state. There are plenty faster than me, but others who are slower too. I am not going to brag about how I am training all winter just to win the Whiskey. I know that no level of training is going to get me to place where I can win or even get on the Podium in the 30 or 50. Maybe the 15, but that is really like sandbagging so I won't be doing that one.

Now as for the course. I am actually excited for next year. While being there NOT racing was fun it was a little bitter sweet too. I did want to mix it up for real. I was talking to one of PMBA guys and he was hinting that next year might involved more single track on the other side for thumb butte road around 318 trail. That would be cool to get in more ST and less dirt road. I will however wait and see.

Lane you talk big, but need to realize people can see through big talkers and lose respect for people that talk big, but then fail to back it up. You would have earned more respect by showing racing and being honest about how it worked out. If you flat out said.. Hey $150 is too much $$ for me to spend right now that is fine too. Not everyone has $$$$$ all stashed up and even those that do don't always want to spend it. No shame in that. It is when you talk big and then can't back it up that people lose respect. Even now you are bragging about all your "free" stuff you got from vendors/mfg/teams etc. Really nobody cares. We don't care if you mooched it, earned it, or just got lucky. Really we don't.
    Check the date i said i was winning Whiskey, then ill show you the date i rode the course for the first time. One thing epic rides is good at is marketing. I was SUPER hyped to do the race, moved to Arizona to train, then he made shortcuts and i rode the course. HUGE letdown from the hype machine. I actually didnt decide to not race till he told me i couldnt enter the pro race without some "qualifications". My mistake was even asking him. I could have just entered the pro race and he would have never known. He tried acting like being off the back in the pro race requiredsome resume. I saw a dude in jorts in the pro race whi got passed by every single woman rider. What were his qualifying races? I rode the course in 3:36:12 in a pre ride, dude took about 5 hrs tp finish in jprts. I would have been near the back but not off the back. It is what it is. You guys just cant handle my reasoning instead calling it complaining. Whatever, i guess well never know how i would do cause i wint give that promoter a bag of my poop let alone money.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    You don't really know what "beginner trails" are.
    I come from southeast Michigan lol. Its all we have. The trails in the shortcutted amateur race are marked green and blue on trailforks. Thats beginner. 260 is atv trail. Maybe, one 100ft of trail coming down from the outlook is black, but most walked that!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Lane, I actually feel for you. You have a narcissistic personality disorder. You fantasize, feel superior, take advantage of others, feel entitled and are envious of others based on this and other posts (DSM Dx). You were "going to win" the whiskey. When you realized that you couldn't win the race, you developed excuses to not enter the race. Even though you would've probably done well in the race; in your mind, it would have been humiliating not being on the podium. Especially after making such big statements about your ability. It's probably best to leave get out of this thread and move on with your life. But I also suggest some self reflection and try to look at your comments with an objective view. Yes, some people are picking on you. But most others are spot on.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by nephro View Post
    Lane, I actually feel for you. You have a narcissistic personality disorder. You fantasize, feel superior, take advantage of others, feel entitled and are envious of others based on this and other posts (DSM Dx). You were "going to win" the whiskey. When you realized that you couldn't win the race, you developed excuses to not enter the race. Even though you would've probably done well in the race; in your mind, it would have been humiliating not being on the podium. Especially after making such big statements about your ability. It's probably best to leave get out of this thread and move on with your life. But I also suggest some self reflection and try to look at your comments with an objective view. Yes, some people are picking on you. But most others are spot on.
    I definitely have an ego, your way off base on the rest. I enter plenty of races. I entered many races knowing i would get dfl. I always enter races way above my level vs taking easy podiums. You are making assumptions based of a message board. I seek out challenges in racing not layups. I may not of podiumed the amateur 50 considering about 5 or 6 of the top guys raced the pro race last few years, which i would have been fine with. I ALWAYS say im going to win EVERY SINGLE RACE I ENTER. What should i say, im going to lose? I enter pro cyclocross races and say im going win amd get dead last. You should not try and diagnose someone on the internet lol. I have a huge ego, and am confident and outspoken. Some amateur physciatrists have know idea about me and go straight to armchair diagnoses. In 4th grade basketball i punched a kid who was shooting free throws to win the game after they called a foul on me with the buzzer going off. Its called being a sore loser and an overcompetitive prick, not narcissistic. If you are an actual psychiatric or psychologist, you are not very good at your job. Competitive ego and narcissism are very different things, as is messing with some random wannabes on this forum! This is entertainment for when im.not riding. I like to to mess with people, always have always will. Its called being an instigator. Preying on silly weaknesses i see in peoples fragile minds. Ill never leave, this is too much fun. If you truly think i didnt enter the amateur whiskey because i would lose you have a lot of learning to do. As well as check my race history. In my first race EVER, in tennis shoes and cargo shorts on a v brake raleigh 26 i tried to enter the pro class in a local race series, they wouldnt let me, i had to enter beginner, i got dead last in beginner. In the very next race i entered sport and got 5th, next race pro race and got last, next race they made me do sport i got 1st. Do your research to coincide with your armchair analysis. I entered a pro cx race on my ss mtb, knowing i would get last, after telling everyone i would win! Once again, i say im going to win EVERY SINGLE RACE. Some i enter, some i dont. Each having a different reason, for awhile i didnt have a vehicle living in the city so couldnt make races and would always say, If i had a ride i would win, thats called STIRRING THE POT. Jokes on you. Truly.

Nov 2015
    Lets follow a basic timeline

Jan 1 2018. I say im TRYING to win the amateur 50

Somewhere in here changes to the course are announced, along with optional bypasses

April 9th 2018 I ride the course for the first time
    April 12th 2018 i ride everything but skull valley
    April 13th 2018 i ride skull valley to the finish
    April 19th 2018 I email Todd asking can i do the pro race because i want to ride the whole course with better competition. He says not without some results in pro races to show him
    April 20th or so the amateur race sells out
    April 22nd pro registration closes

Facts. Now back to your speculations, insults, complaints, trolling, jealousy, hatred, love. Its all the same to me. Something to fill my time with my legs up

Elitest thrill junkie
    I come from southeast Michigan lol. Its all we have. The trails in the shortcutted amateur race are marked green and blue on trailforks. Thats beginner. 260 is atv trail. Maybe, one 100ft of trail coming down from the outlook is black, but most walked that!
    I rode Highline, Made in the Shade, the Hogs and others on my XC bike on Monday. I have a pretty good idea what makes an expert trail. Still, that does not make the top of the overlook, 396, 324 or 318 a ďbeginnerĒ trail. If you think that, it just shows how out of touch you are. Notice, Iím not calling those tech sections, but they are a far more technical than say the White Spar stuff that really doesnít have any significant rocks or steep grades. You tend to lose perspective of whatís actually beginner. Beginner for you, or beginner for an actual beginner?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Nov 2015
    I rode Highline, Made in the Shade, the Hogs and others on my XC bike on Monday. I have a pretty good idea what makes an expert trail. Still, that does not make the top of the overlook, 396, 324 or 318 a ďbeginnerĒ trail. If you think that, it just shows how out of touch you are. Notice, Iím not calling those tech sections, but they are a far more technical than say the White Spar stuff that really doesnít have any significant rocks or steep grades. You tend to lose perspective of whatís actually beginner. Beginner for you, or beginner for an actual beginner?
    396 was not in the race. 324 i took 5th overall on my first time up it on a rigid bike, 318 they used a tractor to dumb down just for the race. Those are beginner trails. Trails that a beginner would go ride instead of riding something more difficult. Its where i run into kids and dads on walmart bikes with their helmets not even tightened, in tennis shoes. Beginnners. More people walked down from the outlook than rode in the amateur race so ill conced that is not beginner. 48 and cramp hill are not beginner but everyone bypassed those.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    OK, I'll play:
    1. Fact: I raced
    2. Fact: I didn't talk sh** and not back it up
    3. Fact: You didn't do #1 or #2

Oh gawd, why am I responding to this. I actually have a life and a career. OK, I'm out. Back to being a responsible adult and getting away from this high school attention seeking crap. Enjoy your van down by the river and begging for handouts.

Nov 2015
    Just read a few articles on narcissistic personality disorder.

Im going to give you two scenarios..

Guys drop from the pro class into the amateur, take all the shortcuts, win/podium the amateur 50. Have a bunch of people cheering for them at awards, make social media posts about themselves podiuming, have all their friends and family, and "followers" telling them how awesome they are.

Guy says he wants to win the amateur 50, they make changes to the course and shortcuts, guy asks to enter pro race for a bigger challenge, guy isnt allowed so doesnt race, guy gets ridiculed on message boards for being scared to race, and narcissistic.

Now go read what narcissism is and tell me which scenario defines it better!

bikes don't have motors
    Schizophrenia may be a better description. But I'm not a doctor so take that with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by me;
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure that most of them are dirt.

Nov 2015
    OK, I'll play:
    1. Fact: I raced
    2. Fact: I didn't talk sh** and not back it up
    3. Fact: You didn't do #1 or #2

Oh gawd, why am I responding to this. I actually have a life and a career. OK, I'm out. Back to being a responsible adult and getting away from this high school attention seeking crap. Enjoy your van down by the river and begging for handouts.
    What happened Dr.? Reality set in, and you took the white robe off and revealed your true self?

Thank you for entering the race and making the event as big as it was or i wouldnt have a pile of free gear sitting here. Not only do i still have the 150, i have about 800 in free stuff, as well as possible brand ambassadors lined up. Now back to your day job is right, while i sit by the river enjoying a stress free life.

Elitest thrill junkie
    396 was not in the race. 324 i took 5th overall on my first time up it on a rigid bike, 318 they used a tractor to dumb down just for the race. Those are beginner trails. Trails that a beginner would go ride instead of riding something more difficult. Its where i run into kids and dads on walmart bikes with their helmets not even tightened, in tennis shoes. Beginnners. More people walked down from the outlook than rode in the amateur race so ill conced that is not beginner. 48 and cramp hill are not beginner but everyone bypassed those.
    Correct, I meant 392. 396 is what I rode on tuesday. Otherwise, you are so far off base itís entertaining for everyone else to watch. I know 318 pretty well, Iíve ridden it pre and post realignment. I can tell where itís drifted over the years based on erosion. Thereís no way a tractor will fit between the rocks and trees.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Meatbomb

Now go read what narcissism is and tell me which scenario defines it better!
    We don't need to read up on that subject. We have TrailDoc, we know all about it.

Have you two met?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    We don't need to read up on that subject. We have TrailDoc, we know all about it.

Have you two met?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phillbo again.

Nov 2015
    Correct, I meant 392. 396 is what I rode on tuesday. Otherwise, you are so far off base itís entertaining for everyone else to watch. I know 318 pretty well, Iíve ridden it pre and post realignment. I can tell where itís drifted over the years based on erosion. Thereís no way a tractor will fit between the rocks and trees.
    The tractor was parked on the side of 318 until Wednesday before the racex several times going down 318 it was working on the trail. 318 from the 325 split till it turns to 316 definitely is rocky and "technical", i guess, in this context. 392 is a couple switchbacks then a jeep road, how is that not a beginner trail? Because you are going so fast, on a jeep road? 396 has more climbing than any of these you mentioned, does climbing, even if it smooth make a trail a higher lever rating? Maybe im not considering climbing as a factor in the way they rate trails. I only think in terms of rock gardens and drops or things like that.

mtbr member

I was spectating at the turn off from 392 heading back up before the thumb butte road crossing. I saw you go through and then spent the next 4 minutes explaining to two riders that it would NOT be good head up 392 as the fast guys were on their way down. They did not believe me till Grotts rolled by very fast. So you did the job!
    Joe

Nov 2015

Have you two met?
    We have not met, however at some point id like to get a FREE tour, and use clean PIT TOILETS, while discussing how great this country is. His buddy Donald eliminated a few things i thought were stupid anyways. What a country, huh?

IPA tester
    #wedontcarebyebye
    "We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

bikes don't have motors
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phillbo again.

I got it.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider127 View Post
    #wedontcarebyebye
    100+ posts and near 5k views tell me you do, a lot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Have you two met?
    As much as I want to give Phillbo credit...I will go a little DetroitRockCityStreetsMomsSpeghetti and let you know I recognzed this early on...

Whiskey Off Road 2018 course changes.-capture-d.png

Meatbomb
    I do not think they are one in the same... Just both a bit 'off' and legends in their own minds.. They would not be able to clean a pit toilet together as it would become a competition.

Nov 2015
    Do you guys even ride. I just rode the whiskey in reverse from the road finish up to the oulook haha. Hero dirt in Prescott today. I have a good idea for a Whiskey course im going to put together ill see what you guys think. This is about Whiskey course changes after all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    100+ posts and near 5k views tell me you do, a lot.
    I donít understand why you didnít race the AZ Trail 300. Last I checked that was free. Thought you might make a run at the record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elitest thrill junkie
    Do you guys even ride. I just rode the whiskey in reverse from the road finish up to the oulook haha. Hero dirt in Prescott today. I have a good idea for a Whiskey course im going to put together ill see what you guys think. This is about Whiskey course changes after all.
    It only matters what you think, in LaneDetroitCity.

NedwannaB
    Finally a silver lining to this clouded thread....HERO dirt!😎👍
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzhenry View Post
    I donít understand why you didnít race the AZ Trail 300. Last I checked that was free. Thought you might make a run at the record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heck no, thats way out of my league man. I like to sleep between rides, and i HATE walking my bike haha. I do want to try it eventually, damn sure not going for a record. More like ride till dark, sleep, ride till dark, sleep. Mad props to all those people. I went out there to cheer them on and they didnt look like they were having fun in the least bit. I like to have fun and challenge myself, not torture myself. Ive kept in touch with one guy i met out there, he basically had to recover for like 2 wks, just sitting around, eating basically. Said he gained a few pounds quickly. Sounds like torture.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Finally a silver lining to this clouded thread....HERO dirt!😎👍
    Not yoir basic fireman or policeman hero either. Talking legendary like the xmen or spiderman.

Meatbomb
    You are strange.

IPA tester
    Must be that Sedona Vortex
    "We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I used to know this guy back in MI who used to threaten to beat everyone at Iceman (or just about any race in the area).... Then he would threaten to just enter the pro race instead (probably so he didn't have to race against the people he talked shit too)... then he would just not actually enter the race because it was too easy/not stimulating/not worth the money/just a grand fondo/etc... then he would go ride the course on a non-race weekend with no traffic and try to compare his times to everyone who raced in an effort to prove he 'would have' beaten them...

I don't know what happened to this person, but I hear he moved to Arizona.

My other ride is your mom
    ^just blew my coffee through my nose...thanks for that....it stings...

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn_dewd View Post
    I used to know this guy back in MI who used to threaten to beat everyone at Iceman (or just about any race in the area).... Then he would threaten to just enter the pro race instead (probably so he didn't have to race against the people he talked shit too)... then he would just not actually enter the race because it was too easy/not stimulating/not worth the money/just a grand fondo/etc... then he would go ride the course on a non-race weekend with no traffic and try to compare his times to everyone who raced in an effort to prove he 'would have' beaten them...

The first clue you are lying Alec is using the word Iceman. Second is i destroyed you off the trails after 6 months of riding and you quit racing and bought enduro bikes in a flat state and made videos how xc is lame. AFTER you talked for months how you were faster than me and I would never beat you, and all this other crap. Third is you forgot to mention I didnt have a car and would say, if only I had a ride to the race I would win. Then i would ask you and several of your poser friends for a ride and they would ignore my text. Hard to win a race you cant get to. I have entered several expert races in Michigan and not won after telling everybody I would win. I say im going to win every race. Literally. That shouldnt be some big deal. I say im faster than Nino Schurter if they would just let me enter I would beat him. The jokes on you guys for taking it serious. You guys are like my puppets i play with each day for entertainment.

Nov 2015
    Back to the topic at hand.

Heres my proposed Whiskey course. Mostly its the current course in reverse with some different routes

Start at the same location
    Go up Thumb Butte rd to trail 367
    Take 367 through the creeks to 392'
    392 up to the 4 way
    Left on 326 to cramp hill
    Down cramp hill to 327
    327 to the 4 way
    Up to the outlook reversing the current course
    Down Thumb Butte rd to Copper basin to Skull valley
    Back from Skull Valley
    Down fr 53 to the bottom of 260
    Up 260 to Moby
    Moby over to 48
    48 connector to Wolverton
    Down Wolverton
    Cross white spar rd
    Up 396 to 330
    Down 330 to 373
    373 back to White spar rd
    White spar rd to the finish

Thats a true race with legit trails. Definitely worth entering at any cost. Super challenging.

Then offer the Whiskey Tour option where people can bypass 367 crk trail by going to 324 and use that to connect to 392, then stay straight on 322 to 327 vs going down cramp hill, then bypass going up to the outlook by continuing on 393, either going back to the finish there on Copper basin rd, or crossing copper basin rd and taking the 48 connector to Wolverton/396/330/373 and to the finish.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    "Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do."

LDC posts: 1,849

Nov 2015
    "Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do."

LDC posts: 1,849
    2018 mileage 2,000k miles, 190 hrs 150k elevation gained
    Alec 2018- 500 miles maybe, mostly downhill after a shuttle, pictures taken during ride 200

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    You crack me up dude. I love that it gets you so worked up that I like photography. I think I've barely ridden 100 miles this year. Two serious injuries in the past 12 months. But I stopped racing because of you or something. It never gets old.

Nov 2015
    You crack me up dude. I love that it gets you so worked up that I like photography. I think I've barely ridden 100 miles this year. Two serious injuries in the past 12 months. But I stopped racing because of you or something. It never gets old.
    Actually you quit because my boy GNARDAWG crushed your soul at Yankee 30lb overweight. Then suddenly xc was lame and you were making pinkbike bro videos. One minute you are riding the trainer in your basement on a trainer road plan, the next you quit racing because its lame. Only variable is GNARDAWG smashed you into oblivion. We have actually never raced you just liked to spend 6 mnths telling me and everyone how ill never make up 6 minutes on you from my 2nd race ever. By tue next race i had 15 minutes on you and now you dont even race. Im sure you have your michigan beer league cat2 3rd place jersey framed somewhere on your wall though. Taking artistic photos of it. While your bike leans against something and you take pictures of that. Sorry to hear about your injuries, would have thought i would have heard about them at some point in the past 12 months considering ive talked to you multiple times and you never mentioned them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    it was a cat 2 jersey and it was second place ;-)

mtbr member
    Just passing through, I hope, if the river don't rise and the van don't break. Lane, ever consider maybe you're the puppet and you're just playing with yourself, carnally or otherwise?
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

It's so weird that people in disperate geographical locations pick up on some of the same vibes and have almost identical experiences with the same people...

What do you suppose this means...?

I'm really not trying to pile on here, but I think everyone can benefit from looking at how they are peceived by others (and why they are perceived that way). Sometimes we can be clueless and don't realize the effect we have on those around us. And...sometimes we know exactly the effect we are having...and don't care...

Meatbomb
    Lets throw hands bro .......

Out spokin'
    For gawd sakes please don't let him escape, fellas. We don't want him up here. Too many homeless losers already. Thanks.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Back to the topic at hand.

Heres my proposed Whiskey course. Mostly its the current course in reverse with some different routes

Start at the same location
    Go up Thumb Butte rd to trail 367
    Take 367 through the creeks to 392'
    392 up to the 4 way
    Left on 326 to cramp hill
    Down cramp hill to 327
    327 to the 4 way
    Up to the outlook reversing the current course
    Down Thumb Butte rd to Copper basin to Skull valley
    Back from Skull Valley
    Down fr 53 to the bottom of 260
    Up 260 to Moby
    Moby over to 48
    48 connector to Wolverton
    Down Wolverton
    Cross white spar rd
    Up 396 to 330
    Down 330 to 373
    373 back to White spar rd
    White spar rd to the finish

Thats a true race with legit trails. Definitely worth entering at any cost. Super challenging.

Then offer the Whiskey Tour option where people can bypass 367 crk trail by going to 324 and use that to connect to 392, then stay straight on 322 to 327 vs going down cramp hill, then bypass going up to the outlook by continuing on 393, either going back to the finish there on Copper basin rd, or crossing copper basin rd and taking the 48 connector to Wolverton/396/330/373 and to the finish.
    I'm sure that Todd would love to hear about how you would run HIS race. Have you applied for the public relations and route planning job posting at Epic Rides?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post
    It's so weird that people in disperate geographical locations pick up on some of the same vibes and have almost identical experiences with the same people...

I'm really not trying to pile on here, but I think everyone can benefit from looking at how they are peceived by others (and why they are perceived that way). Sometimes we can be clueless and don't realize the effect we have on those around us. And...sometimes we know exactly the effect we are having...and don't care...
    What do you suppose this means...?

Let's all sit back and imagine what high school must have been like for that type of individual. How many beatngs, ripped pairs of underwear, and toilet shampoos did he endure and he still hasn't learned? This is of course assuming he went to high school and judging by the posts he makes that is a big assumption.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    BTW, here's his race results from USA Cycling so i'm assuming all of the wins he brags about came from a non-sanctioned regional series in Michigan:

Race Results for Lane Myers
    Racing Age 2018 from Detroit, MI

PLACE POINTS NAME USAC # TIME BIB TEAM

11/13/2016 - Mad Anthony CX | CX
    18 / 21 247.44 Lane MYERS 495910 1:03:05 121 Detroit City Racing

11/14/2015 - Mad Anthony CX | CX | Single Speed
    15 / 17 - Lane Myers 495910 39:26 243 Detroit City Racing

Nov 2015
    6,500 views!!! Can we hit 10,000?

http://youtu.be/N73840RcgYw

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate View Post
    BTW, here's his race results from USA Cycling so i'm assuming all of the wins he brags about came from a non-sanctioned regional series in Michigan:

Ive only won one race.I have more DFL than wins/top 3 . Thats what happens when you race for competition not podiums. Please quote me where i bragged about "all my wins". I think you are confusing me saying, "if i only had a ride i would win", or "im going to win this race", or "im faster than Nino Schurter", "or i know i would win that race, i dont evn need to enter". Btw glad to see my number one stalker joined the trollfest. It wouldnt be a party without you man!!

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrt taco View Post
    I'm sure that Todd would love to hear about how you would run HIS race. Have you applied for the public relations and route planning job posting at Epic Rides?
    He cant afford me, he would need to charge 350 per entry to afford me. Besides hes already a marketing genius with sad saps eating out of his hand like sheep at the fairgrounds.

mtbr member
    What happened to racing for fun. That's what turned me off to XC racing back in the day. Of course competing against a Joe Murray and the like wasn't any fun anyway. The enduro format is a hella lot fun and it's just a race against the clock and lots of camaraderie and good times.

The thread sucks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Man, mountain biking is so gay.

bikes don't have motors
    He cant afford me, he would need to charge 350 per entry to afford me. Besides hes already a marketing genius with sad saps eating out of his hand like sheep at the fairgrounds.

You showed up, it works. When are you leaving?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    What happened to racing for fun. That's what turned me off to XC racing back in the day. Of course competing against a Joe Murray and the like wasn't any fun anyway. The enduro format is a hella lot fun and it's just a race against the clock and lots of camaraderie and good times.

The thread sucks.
    I would submit that those of us that try to be competitive against other racers ARE racing for fun. The entire experience is fun, to push yourself against others regardless of the conditions and terrain. Try to prepare correctly and have all of your cards laid out just right. It's even funner with a beer garden and race support. If you are not there to race against other riders, you are just there for a ride IMO. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you are just riding to finish and say you "did it", which you can do on any day, vs. race against other riders for time/place. For some people, it does take a unique event like this to "bring them out" to just do a big ride/event. There is still lots of camaraderie among the XC racers on this course. It's maybe a bit different format than an enduro, but there are plenty of great riders out there and they are usually having a great time in these races.

Meatbomb
    Beerduro!

mtbr member
    I would submit that those of us that try to be competitive against other racers ARE racing for fun. The entire experience is fun, to push yourself against others regardless of the conditions and terrain. Try to prepare correctly and have all of your cards laid out just right. It's even funner with a beer garden and race support. If you are not there to race against other riders, you are just there for a ride IMO. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you are just riding to finish and say you "did it", which you can do on any day, vs. race against other riders for time/place. For some people, it does take a unique event like this to "bring them out" to just do a big ride/event. There is still lots of camaraderie among the XC racers on this course. It's maybe a bit different format than an enduro, but there are plenty of great riders out there and they are usually having a great time in these races.
    You missed my point but agreed on all accounts. This thread still sucks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Are there any other state forums where the threads go south as often? Iíd venture to say the AZ forum has the most threads closed by Mods. Been this way forever

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    Are there any other state forums where the threads go south as often? Iíd venture to say the AZ forum has the most threads closed by Mods. Been this way forever
    Thats because Arizona is home to the Beta Backslap Chai T sorority of poser mountain bikers. In Arizona riding your bike makes you tough. Thats why most of these guys dont ride, they just post dumb stuff all day.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    You showed up, it works. When are you leaving?
    You should start a GoHomeFundMe

Always in the wrong gear
    I'm in for a ten-spot. I hear PNW or NorCal is awesome this time of year.
    Donít modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    Not even remotely close to the truth. This forum is hardly even moderated, which is ok by me.

bikes don't have motors
    You should start a GoHomeFundMe

I don't need the money.

mtbr member
    Thats because Arizona is home to the Beta Backslap Chai T sorority of poser mountain bikers. In Arizona riding your bike makes you tough. Thats why most of these guys dont ride, they just post dumb stuff all day.
    It's possible to have time to ride and post dumb stuff. You are the poster boy. I mean, you do ride, right?
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thats because Arizona is home to the Beta Backslap Chai T sorority of poser mountain bikers.
    Didn't you use that "sick burn" in another thread? Worked so well you had to use it again?

In Arizona riding your bike makes you tough.
    Well, we're not afraid of cholla on the trail or riding at night...I've heard from an out-of-stater that that is a life-threatening combination!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    This thread is even more entertaining than my favorite movie! 🍿

https://youtu.be/xL-VX3WbA9U

Meatbomb
    I like sorority girls......

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So I just read a bunch of post from this Lane dude in the Endurance forum. Who is his cat? Sounds Ike an ass

Meatbomb
    And he'll be along shortly to prove it.. I'm leaning towards a recent meth habit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I like sorority girls......
    They line up like cattle for slaughter at the finish line of an XC race. Nothing gets them wetter than a bunch of super skinny guys that look like stage 4 cancer patients wearing spandex fun suits that are out to prove who can exercise the best.

Elitest thrill junkie
    There's only so much rep that can be given and it makes me sad

Meatbomb
    Did Lane cut off a nut to be cool?

NedwannaB
    You guys may get a break soon he may be headed back home to "throw hands" with his buddy the dewd....

2018 Mohican 100- Mtbr.com
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

livin' the dream......
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    They line up like cattle for slaughter at the finish line of an XC race. Nothing gets them wetter than a bunch of super skinny guys that look like stage 4 cancer patients wearing spandex fun suits that are out to prove who can exercise the best.
    Best post of this thread!
    I was too drunk and too much in pain to ride. Good times. - TacoBeer

mtbr member
    Beerduro!
    Nooo!

Beerduro is a fun event, hardly a race, no place for any of his drama there!

Cymru am byth!
    Nooo!

Beerduro is a fun event, hardly a race, no place for any of his drama there!
    What is this beerduro? I like beer, I ride bikes on rowdy trails, I must be a part of this!
    he smelt of triflow, had a nice smile, with kind eyes... so I married him

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtch View Post
    What is this beerduro? I like beer, I ride bikes on rowdy trails, I must be a part of this!
    Beerduro is about fun group mountain bike rides with a little grass roots racing and beer drinking.

A member of the community will host an event in their local area. There will be 3-9 timed segments that are usually downhill in nature, but they do not have to be. Mulligahns are encouraged to add to the fun and even the playing field (30 seconds time benefit for things like (picked up trash, trail stoke, costume, oldest bike, ...). A timed beer chug is usually part of the format and your time is multiplied by 10. Cumulative scores is added up at the end and we all win.

Some type of creative, often tacky award is given to the top time. There are no real rules or leadership in this group. Just some rough guidelines. Events are always no charge,but folks sometimes donate.

Goals are: Good times, bring the community together, fun low stress time trials, checking out new riding areas, and good times.
    www.facebook.com/groups/400437320152053/

Cymru am byth!
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    he smelt of triflow, had a nice smile, with kind eyes... so I married him

Nov 2015

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    You guys may get a break soon he may be headed back home to "throw hands" with his buddy the dewd....

2018 Mohican 100- Mtbr.com
    Only if they get that gohomefundme going Sorta like all these fake pro youtube reality stars who people pay money on patreon to go ride with them and get stoked. Only this time its so you dont have to ride with me. Marketing genius stuff, dont tell anybody though they might copy my idea.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Not even remotely close to the truth. This forum is hardly even moderated, which is ok by me.
    Yep, not since the lowly PaulB got dumped by his IKEA assistant manager girlfriend and disappeared into obscurity have threads really been moderated around here.

You think this is bad, wait until itís 110į outside...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Yep, not since the lowly PaulB got dumped by his IKEA assistant manager girlfriend and disappeared into obscurity have threads really been moderated around here.

You think this is bad, wait until itís 110į outside...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Rockcrusher is still around but he also moderates other forums as well. And he likes to think we can act like adults so doesn't stick his head into threads too much. I rode with him back in the spring fling days on a Lemmon Drop. Good dude.

Meatbomb
    Only if they get that gohomefundme going Sorta like all these fake pro youtube reality stars who people pay money on patreon to go ride with them and get stoked. Only this time its so you dont have to ride with me. Marketing genius stuff, dont tell anybody though they might copy my idea.
    gofundthis..... keyboard nut cases can post their spew from anywhere so i could give a rats ass where you park your stalker van. I suggest Sedona. You'll fit in just fine there.

mtbr member
    gofundthis..... keyboard nut cases can post their spew from anywhere so i could give a rats ass where you park your stalker van. I suggest Sedona. You'll fit in just fine there.
    Indeed. Let's see some pics of the van!

bikes don't have motors
    Does the van have "free candy" splashed across it's flanks?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    Does the van have "free candy" splashed across it's flanks?
    never told you this until now... but life behind bars is such an awesome handle...

bikes don't have motors
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    never told you this until now... but life behind bars is such an awesome handle...

Thanks man!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate View Post

I guess you have to update your post?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whiskey Off Road 2018 course changes.-capture.png  

bikes don't have motors
    Quote Originally Posted by exodus1500 View Post
    I guess you have to update your post?

He's still a tool.

Meatbomb
    What ever happened to Lame?

mtbr member
    What ever happened to Lame?
    Name:  ZwamYTY.gif
Views: 84
Size:  21.9 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12