Whiskey 25 "Pre-ride" 2/24(5)

Yes, the weather might be interesting, but I'm headin' out one day or the other. Plan is tuned more towards a crack o' noon start as work has been a mother this week.

I'm vaguely planning on riding the whole 25 course at an easy pace from near the end of the pavement. I've never ridden, but am pretty good at not getting lost.

All invited.

igoslo
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    Yes, the weather might be interesting, but I'm headin' out one day or the other. Plan is tuned more towards a crack o' noon start as work has been a mother this week.

I'm vaguely planning on riding the whole 25 course at an easy pace from near the end of the pavement. I've never ridden, but am pretty good at not getting lost.

All invited.
    Man I would love to do that, but I'm bike free right now and it's the last weekend I get to see my wife for a couple of months. If you're up for dragging an anchor(me) for another pre-ride in a couple of weeks you can count me in.

Powered by ice cream.
    If you can you start in the gloaming of the dawn (about 6:30), I'll be in.

Using 34 X 20, you will be walking next to your bike a LOT. I hear you're a pretty decent distance runner though, so maybe that won't bother you

pretentious amateur
    The trail is kinda hard to follow. I have a gpx track I would be happy to send you if you have gps to upload it too.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse

All invited.
    I tried to do the anti-whiskey pre-ride a few days ago, but it was the day where it started raining and turned to snow. My hands started to get way too cold and I could see the clouds condensing and it started to look bad. I cut it short.

It's looking that way for tomorrow too.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    MBAA race is at Estrella tomorrow. I would be in for another weekend.

Master Gardener
    The weather is going to be great. Sunny, if a little windy. A few of us are heading out Sunday AM and I'm going to vote that we ride the Whiskey 25 route, just because I've never ridden it all together. If anyone wants to tag along (Sunday), let me know.

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    Velokid1 - Are you guys doing the road climb also or start at the top and do the 20 subsequent miles? I know I am not ready to do all 25 but might be able to suffer off the back if it's just the 20.

Well, thanks to an unexpected day off on Monday, I'm headed to the big ditch for three days solo.

Everyone have a good weekend. Eric, we'll have to do that ride soon (early, bien sur) and you can keep me from getting lost.

Master Gardener
    GueroAZ, sorry I couldn't get back to ya here. Family emergencies and the common cold whittled our group down to two of us, and I wondered if the ride would happen at all this week. Ended up doing a real nice 3 1/2 hours or so at a brisk pace, but not over the Whiskey course way. I imagine we'll ride the Whiskey course in the next couple weekends.
    Last edited by Velokid1; 02-26-2007 at 12:16 PM.

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    No worries at all. I was at about 50-60% after going hard at the Estrella race on Saturday. I would have suffered immensly doing that 15 miles or so. Just post up when you're going, but if I make a weekend day plan I will do the same. I ended up at T100, started at the church and went about 5-6 miles in and came back again.

I think I will try that double/triple by-pass thing people talk about here. I hear it's 25 miles give or take with something like 6000 feet of climbing.