Paste eater

Where do mountain bikers live in Tucson?

Broad questions, I know. But assuming you worked form home, where looking for a 1br, don't want to be bothered by college ruckus and generally prefer a bit more space....

Happy Trails
    Oro Valley, north on Highway 77. Lots of trail options, safe, newer homes, and fantastic quality of life. Catalina State Park. Plus at 2400ft elevation, a little cooler. I was driving thru there earlier this week and thought ..."Yep, this is where I'd live"

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Broad questions, I know. But assuming you worked form home, where looking for a 1br, don't want to be bothered by college ruckus and generally prefer a bit more space....
    proximity to the UofA gives you kind of equidistant proximity to all the trails, plus the associated nightlife and general culture of that area. More west gets you lots and lots of laps at Starr Pass, East gives you nice proximity to Mt. Lemmon and Reddington Pass Area and lots and lots of laps at Fantasy Island as well as the AZ trail. North Oro Valley/Catalina gives you great access to 50 year trail area and trails in the Torolitas and surrounding hills but puts you seriously far from any of the other riding.
    Try this: HTFU

Tucson, AZ
    One mile from 50 year trail and about 6 from the Tortolitas....best place in town IMHO.

Ow!
    Needing open space generally means living on the edge of town. I live in Tucson West near the Starr Pass development. I specifically chose this area because of TMP access so I can easily get a short ride in whenever I want. Like this morning--a nice 1 hour ride starting from my house to 36th St trail, to Starr Pass trail and back. I doubt I would be getting the rides in if I lived more to the east. I have easy access to all the trails in the southeast area, including Robles. And still close enough to a lot of things in mid-Tucson (but not too close mind you). Still pretty easy to hop on the Interstate to AZT, fairly easy to Fantasy Island, but still the annoying drive up Oracle Rd to 50 year that everyone else that lives in south Tucson has to deal with.