mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Where can I buy 5 10 shoes in Phoenix?

I'd really like to try these shoes, but I would like to actually try them on before buying them. I have very wide, very flat feet so I'm pretty picky when it comes to shoes. Does anyone know of any local dealers with a good selection of bike specific 5 10s?

******ed or Branded??
    Rage Cycles!!! lots of sytle and stock
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Go Speed Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Rage Cycles!!! lots of sytle and stock
    That is where I got mine, and great price!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Rage had two 510 styles in size 13 for me to try. First shop out of a dozen or more that had my size in stock for me to try on. I have a somewhat flat and somewhat wide foot as well. They fit well. So far I don't really think the stealth rubber is much better then normal skate shoes, but I do like that the toe box is a bit firmer. I've lost a toe nail due to skate shoes having the softer toe box area.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Awesome, thanks fellas. I'll check out Rage.

I love bike!
    I've got a pair of lightly used impact low size 9 (maybe 9.5) you could try/buy from me if interested?

mtbr member
    Rage has a great selection in stock

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, Five Ten (at least their climbing shoes) are traditionally made more for the big US-type wide foot rather than the banana-shaped Euro skinny foot. Haven't ever tried their bike-specific shoes.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    How are prices at Rage compared to amazon?

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoclips View Post
    better cause it's a local bike shop that will share beers with ya!!!!!!!!!!!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoclips View Post
    Shop local!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Can you try on a pair at amazon?
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Rage! got mine there at a great price

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Most online retailers make shoe exchanges very painless. So yes you can try on shoes not in a store.You just need patience. You cant beat the deals you can find online. I bought my 5.10's from bluesky for 40 bucks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshenbaugh View Post
    Most online retailers make shoe exchanges very painless. So yes you can try on shoes not in a store.You just need patience. You cant beat the deals you can find online. I bought my 5.10's from bluesky for 40 bucks.
    And in the meantime, local shops close down because they are constantly being undercut by the online retailers.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    There is obviously a lot of mark up when shopping LBS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Every LBS I have set foot in makes me more and more greatful for internet shopping

Vitamin Bike Added
    Try Rage first, +1 on shopping local. Most of amazon's retailers for clothing now allow pre-paid return, you will just have pain in the arse factor of packing and mailing to deal with if you don't like them. I tested some Teva Links that way and shipped them back when I realized I didn't like them no questions asked.
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just got a pair at Rage. Great service and selection. Support your LBS!

mtbr member
    I saw them at Cactus a while back.

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshenbaugh View Post
    Every LBS I have set foot in makes me more and more greatful for internet shopping
    Try to rent a rear wheel from the net when you taco one on a roadtrip.

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    You know, it all comes down to principle when you buy!

Me, I buy local because of principle!! I need some MTB clip-less shoes, I look online, at all the different makes models and colors and I find what I like, then I read the customer reviews that are relevant to the product and what I am choosing it for based on what's important to me in a shoe and disregard any other reviews in regards to the CS of the online company. I then search the internet and local sources for local retailers of that product and I go visit the retailer (might be a sporting goods store or a LBS, I would pick the LBS first) and try them on. I would start asking questions, for my intended use, past retailer experience and customer feedback, and how long have they been selling this product. And I would buy from them! Simply based on the principle that the intent of the internet has always been about making information available all over the world, some felt that this is a great place to make a buck so they did, my principle of self preservation doesn't allow for arbitrary transactions with strangers in far off locals. I have to buy local if my community is to survive!! Some things "in my book" are not worth saving even 70% on to forsake my community! If more thought this way "guess what" our communities, towns, villages, cities and metropolises would be kicking some A$$!!!

To add;
    If local retailers had websites themselves, (some do, but most are corporate, I'm referring to LBS) that advertised all their products, and their current inventory of those products even posted pricing but did not sell, (in other words just provide an electronic interactive storefront) they would place themselves in a better place all around in their community. This would only transfer in accomplishing "more shoes through the door" in many terms!
    Last edited by RideNShine; 01-13-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: to add another idea
    Personal quote: "If at first you don't succeed, critically re-think it and do."

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    You know, it all comes down to principle when you buy!

Me, I buy local because of principle!! I need some MTB clip-less shoes, I look online, at all the different makes models and colors and I find what I like, then I read the customer reviews that are relevant to the product and what I am choosing it for based on what's important to me in a shoe and disregard any other reviews in regards to the CS of the online company. I then search the internet and local sources for local retailers of that product and I go visit the retailer (might be a sporting goods store or a LBS, I would pick the LBS first) and try them on. I would start asking questions, for my intended use, past retailer experience and customer feedback, and how long have they been selling this product. And I would buy from them! Simply based on the principle that the intent of the internet has always been about making information available all over the world, some felt that this is a great place to make a buck so they did, my principle of self preservation doesn't allow for arbitrary transactions with strangers in far off locals. I have to buy local if my community is to survive!! Some things "in my book" are not worth saving even 70% on to forsake my community! If more thought this way "guess what" our communities, towns, villages, cities and metropolises would be kicking some A$$!!!

To add;
    If local retailers had websites themselves, (some do, but most are corporate, I'm referring to LBS) that advertised all their products, and their current inventory of those products even posted pricing but did not sell, (in other words just provide an electronic interactive storefront) they would place themselves in a better place all around in their community. This would only transfer in accomplishing "more shoes through the door" in many terms!
    OUCH!! cannot read wall-- learn-2-¶