:\ ping of death

New question here. Whats by Awatukee and San Tan Heights?

I live in vegas but my in-laws live in awatukee (48th and elliot) and my sis lives in san tan heights. This summer we will be visiting for a few weeks and I wanted to get some riding in. I wanted to get more info on any trails in those two areas. Pics are very much welcome
    Last edited by phoeneous; 03-01-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typo
    What the hell is an aluminum falcon?

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

hey

What kinda riding do u do. We downhill at South Mountain alot and also hit the freeride stuff at nra and in the summer its really hot so we go to sunrise like every other week, they let u put bikes on chair lifts and have nice dh trails.

"Yabut"
    That's pretty much at the base of South Mountain. I don't think you will have ANY problem finding somewhere to ride.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greffster
    What kinda riding do u do. We downhill at South Mountain alot and also hit the freeride stuff at nra and in the summer its really hot so we go to sunrise like every other week, they let u put bikes on chair lifts and have nice dh trails.
    Strictly XC, I dont have a DH rig.

I just found this, its fairly close to my sisters house. No reviews?

San Tan Mountain Regional Park

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...3_4513crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ive ridden there, its pretty close to my house, its not a tough ride at all, a little sandy and a bunch of horses out there

Shred...it's the new drug

Only some of the sickest riding this side of the Rio Grande!

If you need some help finding trails, this nice man at MTbikeAZ.com has them all!!! Somo is all the riding you are gonna need! Have fun and bring sunscreen and a cactus comb

mtbr member
    Santan regional is sandy and there are a lot of snakes in the summer. I only ride there in the colder months to avoid the rattlers (and bring big tires for the sand).
    "I don't suffer from insanity!I rather enjoy it."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeneous
    I live in vegas but my in-laws live in awatukee (48th and elliot) and my sis lives in san tan heights. This summer we will be visiting for a few weeks and I wanted to get some riding in. I wanted to get more info on any trails in those two areas. Pics are very much welcome
    Hi,

I live on Elliott and 48th.

In 2 mins you can be on the Desert Classic trail which leads to miles of trails of varying skill diffuclty and fun.

Check out the beginners thread and if you are an XC rider the Classic gets a bad rap but it is a great fast XC trail with some good ups and downs and then Javelina and East Loops rock for tighter trails and some climbing and then for the big boys a great loop is too ride East Loop, Javelina up Mormon across National down Telegraph and back on the Classic. About 22 miles and a good body pounding.

I would be more than happy to show you around as well as probably many people that live in this area who post on here and ride on SOMO a lot!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah, san tan regional at Wheelwagon dr. and Hunt Hwy. (further west) is hella rocky and slow. Further east at Hunt and Thompson is easier than Desert classic so really boring. I only go there when I'm too lazy to drive to good trails.

Looks like next trip might be st. pattys day!

Members who have read this thread: 0